Dallas @ Washington: The Smackdown!

Coventry17

The Cowboys are sitting Terence Newman, Jay Ratliff, Andre Gurode, Pat Watkins and of course, Terrell Owens. Marion Barber and Tony Romo will see limited action. Marcus Spears, a defensive end, is going to be the back up nose tackle. The game is in D.C. and the Redskins are desperate for a win. That being said, I wouldn't pencil this one in "W" column for the Redskins just yet. The Cowboys still have some pretty good players out there and there's a reason why they're 13-2. By the way, if the Redskins DO make the playoffs, they're one and done. Seattle will destroy them.

SoMDGirl42

GO SKINS! :fingerscrossed: I'd love nothing more than to see them go further than "one and done".

I might have to break out the ole Art Monk, Dexter Manley, Gary Clark (and the other greats of the past) autographed football for some extra luck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

The Cowboys are sitting Terence Newman, Jay Ratliff, Andre Gurode, Pat Watkins and of course, Terrell Owens. Marion Barber and Tony Romo will see limited action. Marcus Spears, a defensive end, is going to be the back up nose tackle. The game is in D.C. and the Redskins are desperate for a win. That being said, I wouldn't pencil this one in "W" column for the Redskins just yet. The Cowboys still have some pretty good players out there and there's a reason why they're 13-2. By the way, if the Redskins DO make the playoffs, they're one and done. Seattle will destroy them.

...that's not true. The Skins will win by more than 10, it will be over by the beginning of the 4th quarter and we will beat Seattle.

Then, you can start feeling like your necktie is a bit tight.

mainman

Set Trippin
This is lose lose for the Skins... If they win, Dallas fans will say it's because it was our second string, if they lose they will say, damn, yall cant even beat our second string....:ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And one other thing...

...to consider; tap, tap, tap;

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

:lmao:

AndyMarquisLIVE

What will Dallas fans say...

This is lose lose for the Skins... If they win, Dallas fans will say it's because it was our second string, if they lose they will say, damn, yall cant even beat our second string....:ohwell:
... if/when we make it to the Super Bowl?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This game...

...is irrelevant. There has never been a game in the history of sport that has had less need to be played.

Redskins win and, as usual, no one gives a tinkers damn what any Dallas fans have to say about anything but armadillo's and Shiner.

:buddies:

The re-match will be one for the ages.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Win or lose...

... this is the comeback of the century for the Washington Redskins.

God dealt the Redskins a major blow when drafting Sean Taylor for his football team, but he's made them stronger.

If there's one thing we all should learn from this season (and I'm guilty of it), it's that we Redskins fans shouldn't give up on them. They're the Redskins!

AndyMarquisLIVE

...is irrelevant. There has never been a game in the history of sport that has had less need to be played.

Redskins win and, as usual, no one gives a tinkers damn what any Dallas fans have to say about anything but armadillo's and Shiner.

The re-match will be one for the ages.
This comeback, after the death of Sean Taylor, will be talked about for decades.

big_poppa

Ok Larry you make a lot of great posts on here, but..... you are saying that Dallas Fans can't make the claim that the skins should be able to beat our second string. I mean hell, I certainly think they can. I too am one of those that don't fear the Skins in the playoffs. They are too inconsistant. They do not threaten me. Nor do I feel the Cowboys as a team feel threatened by them. I despise the skins, but part of me wants to see some sort of good at the end of the season for them, just for what they have been through. Not to mention Skins at Dallas in the Playoffs, hell that is just entertainment.

What it comes down to (and this is from someone who's first born is named Dallas) is the skins should win on Sunday. They will more than likely beat the Seahawks, but I just don't think they will beat Dallas at full strength in the playoffs. When we played the last time we didn't even have Terry Glenn to attract attention. He's back, and so will everyone else.

My prediction this weekend Skins 17 Cowboys 13

In the Divisional Round of the playoffs

Cowboys 31 Skins 20

Super Bowl Cowboys 31 Jags 28

Your 2007/2008 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys. MVP Tony Romo with Jessica in the stands. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

AndyMarquisLIVE

Ok Larry you make a lot of great posts on here, but..... you are saying that Dallas Fans can't make the claim that the skins should be able to beat our second string. I mean hell, I certainly think they can. I too am one of those that don't fear the Skins in the playoffs. They are too inconsistant. They do not threaten me. Nor do I feel the Cowboys as a team feel threatened by them. I despise the skins, but part of me wants to see some sort of good at the end of the season for them, just for what they have been through. Not to mention Skins at Dallas in the Playoffs, hell that is just entertainment.

What it comes down to (and this is from someone who's first born is named Dallas) is the skins should win on Sunday. They will more than likely beat the Seahawks, but I just don't think they will beat Dallas at full strength in the playoffs. When we played the last time we didn't even have Terry Glenn to attract attention. He's back, and so will everyone else.

Cowboys 31 Skins 20

Your 2007/2008 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys. MVP Tony Romo with Jessica in the stands. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :killingme:killingme:killingme

The Jaguars will run over Dallas, turn around and run over them again.

I think the 'Skins can beat the Cowboys in the playoffs. We're playing better now than all year on offense. Sean Springs is filling his role and is looking like Sean Taylor. Todd Collins is far better than Jason Campbell.

Penalties were the only reason the Cowboys won in Dallas. In a playoff game, there's going to be a lot more attention being paid to the refs though, and they won't be making as many :bs: "Holding, defense, automatic first down" calls.

Your optimism deserves an award. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

... this is the comeback of the century for the Washington Redskins.

God dealt the Redskins a major blow when drafting Sean Taylor for his football team, but he's made them stronger.

If there's one thing we all should learn from this season (and I'm guilty of it), it's that we Redskins fans shouldn't give up on them. They're the Redskins!

...we lose and it is catastrophic, nothing more than the last gasp piled on to all the other frustrations and mistakes and moves of the last 4 seasons that didn't work out and all of that stuff.

This is a ####ed up team that needed the Taylor tragedy AND the loss of the starting QB for everything to come together. Think about that. It didn't come together after yet one more good effort/close loss game. It didn't come together as the QB matured. It was on the verge of collapse in the Bears game and Jason going down snapped something into everyone, the last straw.

I do not mean to lesson the players in any way, shape or form as they are not the ones who put this together or call the shots; they have played hard all season. I'm just saying this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The stars have aligned and the opportunity is right here for an all time sports story to be written. The Gold Plated Coaching staff and bottomless wallet weren't supposed to need trauma to make things work.

We lose Sunday, it's the last straw the other way. Think about it. Win or lose this team STARTS next year with serious doubts at qb. This team starts with the fact that having high draft picks are not necessary. This team starts with the uncertainty of so many key players; Springs, Rogers, Macintosh, the o line.

The Skins win Sunday because they basically have to. It is as close to life or death as a team gets.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Look...

Cowboys 31 Skins 20

...I have never claimed to be objective when it comes to the Skins and Dallas. There is no need to be offended or take this personal. Sympathy is between #### and syphilis in the dictionary, so, save it. We are on the verge of a classic, legendary sporting moment and it requires us to win a game that is as meaningless as it gets for you folks, then we exorcise the demon of '05 over a little better than average Seattle game and then, then, it all means something at you place. After all, you have not faced us on this roll. This could be, could be, HUGE.

So, we can be friendly, we can share a beer. And you can all slip on a banana peel.

:lmao:

big_poppa

Cheers buddy :buddies: I'll drink to that. It will be huge, that is what the whole post was about. I am looking forward to it. I am having yet another big Skins Boys party at the house this weekend, but it just doesn't mean as much to me knowing who will and will not be playing. U KNow!!!