Dead Kennedys

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Help me understand.

Sure, Jack was handsome as hell and a cool rich Harvard hottie who married a woman he didn't deserve, and RFK was significantly brighter than his older brother. But what did either do that would earn the immortal adoration they seem to inspire?

Teddy has ridden the J/RFK train his whole career, and he's the biggest sot that ever hit Congress, and hasn't done squat to recommend him for a position higher than Mickey D intern. Yet he is revered because he's a Kennedy.

That effing retard Kathleen Kennedy Townsend should be in a home right this very minute, yet she was our LtGov and came within a RCH of beating Ehrlich for the Governorship. Because she's a Kennedy.

I don't get it, and it should embarrass us as a nation that we bow down to this dysfunctional family of druggies, drunkards and philanderers. Is it just cult of personality? Or am I missing something?

Otter

Nothing to see here
That effing retard Kathleen Kennedy Townsend should be in a home right this very minute, yet she was our LtGov and came within a RCH of beating Ehrlich for the Governorship. Because she's a Kennedy.

RCH??? Redheaded Cubic Hair?? help me, I don't understand.

Simple, they were superstars when they died, Teddy been riding that relationship since Hector was a pup...case closed...you're welcome

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You had a few that lived fast, died young and left good looking corpses and a few that milked it.

Hessian

Media...

VERY miopic...
Very tied to the 60's
Very Liberal
Very Ignorant of the constitution
Very activist....

and they always dream about "What could have been..."
In reality, if JFK lived, they would have grown very bitter toward him with the Cuba entanglement, growing Viet Nam entanglement, and no detente in sight with the beloved USSR.

So, the media keeps Camelot alive because they know they created an addiction among America's stupid, dinosaur liberal activists.

The rest of us could care less.

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You had to have been around during the 60s', to understand how the mainstream media fawned over Jack and Bobby Kennedy. Everything they did was magnified a thousandfold. Jack was a war hero, and Bobby was a storied Attorney General. People in general simply put them on a pedestal - Teddy, well, you know the rest of the story.............

K

kris31280

The Way I Understand It...

From my second favorite band:

"Kennedy" by Kill Hannah

I wanna be a Kennedy
I wanna be a big heartbreaker
Live fast and for real
And you can follow it in the papers

I wanna be a Kennedy
I wanna shake hands with heroes
And kiss the girls of centerfolds on the tongue
And die young

I'll be brave tonight
Either live or die
I'll be brave tonight
Standing tall and bright
Such romantic eyes
Got me hypnotized
And if I had my chance I'd never let you go

I wanna be a Kennedy
I wanna be tall and handsome
I'd conquer the world
And you'd see it on television

If I could be a Kennedy
If I could be a real heartbreaker
I'd watch you crash into my arms
We're the stars under the barrel of a gun
We die young

I'll be brave tonight
Standing tall and bright
Such romantic eyes
Got me hypnotized

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In fact, in my cedar chest, my mother has all the original newspapers from the big event (Kennedy, not my birth). I should sell them on eBay.

:cartwheel

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I was born the day before Kennedy was assassinated - Nov, 21, 1963. I have no recollection of him before his stuff was declassified.

You know I'm a little older than that. :lol: Mom and Dad and us young kids would sit in front of the TV during the evening news, very much engrossed with what he had to say - and his style of orating. He was worth listening to, so it seemed.

jetmonkey

Attachments

• dk.jpg
    dk.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 71

MMDad

Lem Putt
His actions after the running over of his boat I guess.

:shrug: I saw the movie. I wish it hadn't been fiction.

I've also read more factual accounts. But facts weren't in high demand at the time his fairy tale was being written.

jetmonkey

There was another brother that actually was a war hero.

He left Harvard Law before his final year to enlist in the United States Navy as an aviator. He earned his wings in May 1942 and was sent to England in September 1943. He piloted the PB4Y Liberator on anti-submarine and other missions on two tours of duty throughout the winter of 1943-44. Although Kennedy had completed his 25 combat missions and was eligible to return home, he volunteered for an Operation Aphrodite mission in which he died on August 12, 1944.

Help me understand.

Sure, Jack was handsome as hell and a cool rich Harvard hottie who married a woman he didn't deserve, and RFK was significantly brighter than his older brother. But what did either do that would earn the immortal adoration they seem to inspire?

Teddy has ridden the J/RFK train his whole career, and he's the biggest sot that ever hit Congress, and hasn't done squat to recommend him for a position higher than Mickey D intern. Yet he is revered because he's a Kennedy.

I don't get it, and it should embarrass us as a nation that we bow down to this dysfunctional family of druggies, drunkards and philanderers. Is it just cult of personality? Or am I missing something?
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! I thought this was a thread announcing the drunken murder's abouttime demise.

Tease.

Giantone

I was born the day before Kennedy was assassinated - Nov, 21, 1963. I have no recollection of him before his stuff was declassified.

So you need to do reseach and not comment on things you don't know about,look up the Bay of Pigs ,all families have problems look at the Bushs, Reagans,Nixons.

R

RadioPatrol

Daddy Bought them their political lives, with all the money he made running Rum across the great lakes during Prohibition .... :doh:

yeah run over by a destroyer in a PT Boat, makes him a Hero ..... but they played on it, to make him something he was not .... to make him better to the public ...