Debate of Red and Blue States

LJ1999

I'll tune in to attempt to watch it.
I'm torn on this entire thing. At first thought, I found it ridiculous that the 2 Governors bullied each other into this. For what purpose? But I feel like it was Newsoms way to try and make a pitch for Biden or Kamalas replacement.

Seeing how poorly DeSantis has been in the debates this could be a final nail in his coffin.

Who do you think stands to win or lose the most?

Although, I don't know how many dems will actually watch Hannity, also don't know how much the dems care about Newsom........

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I don't really care much about it except I want to see what kind of spectacle it will be! :lol:

I think DeSantis will be the clear winner, but to what purpose? Newsome is such a smarmy schmuck and he cannot possibly defend California vs. Florida...but it might be funny to watch him try! (with an adult beverage!!) 🤣🤣

LJ1999

I'll be there, Mr French laundry while his peons ate pizza delivered. Want to see his defense of Dementia Joe, Disantas should more than hold his own.
I 100% agree that DeSantis has by far the best record. But Newsom, in his sleazy way, has a way of sounding and looking great. Where as DeSantis can look odd during the debates. It baffles me that he does because when he is one on one with the press he is able to put them in their place very quickly.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'll be there, Mr French laundry while his peons ate pizza delivered. Want to see his defense of Dementia Joe, Disantas should more than hold his own.
Now who do you think looked worse of these two, Newsome at the French Laundry right after locking down Cali or Christie looking like a beached whale right after closing the beaches?

SamSpade

I think other people have said it, and I just want to add my voice. If it were just a battle of numbers, outcome, accomplishments - DeSantis would win with his eyes closed. But Newsom isn't even above making chit up. He's just - slimier.

That - and what does this accomplish? DeSantis won't win the nomination - probably EVER. Newsom won't get it this time around - or maybe EVER. This is utterly pointless.

WingsOfGold

I 100% agree that DeSantis has by far the best record. But Newsom, in his sleazy way, has a way of sounding and looking great. Where as DeSantis can look odd during the debates. It baffles me that he does because when he is one on one with the press he is able to put them in their place very quickly.
Two fer deal, he can't defend himself or Dementia Joe............ 3 if Heels Up Harris is invoked. Desantis would have to try and lose this one and I don't see that happening.

WingsOfGold

I think other people have said it, and I just want to add my voice. If it were just a battle of numbers, outcome, accomplishments - DeSantis would win with his eyes closed. But Newsom isn't even above making chit up. He's just - slimier.

That - and what does this accomplish? DeSantis won't win the nomination - probably EVER. Newsom won't get it this time around - or maybe EVER. This is utterly pointless.
It serves a purpose............ no matter what happens Dementia Joe is the loser.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Nah. Gotta finish watching Space Patrol. I'll get the synopsis/crib notes here in the AM.

TPD

the poor dad
But Newsom, in his sleazy way, has a way of sounding and looking great. Where as DeSantis can look odd during the debates..
^^ This ^^

I think as far as delivery, Newsom will win, but on substance, DeSantis should take the ribbon.