(()()()())
(        |
(        |
 \      /
  |     |

See y’a around, sugar tits
1701498494049.jpeg

SamSpade

I'm not aware of THE GOVERNMENT in these states banning anything. Every news story I have read said they have been removed from shelves in schools at the request of parents and parent organizations. THAT, I presume, would fall squarely in line with objections raised, saying parents should be the ones making those decisions - those are precisely the persons who have the most valid input on the issue.

HemiHauler

I'm not aware of THE GOVERNMENT in these states banning anything. Every news story I have read said they have been removed from shelves in schools at the request of parents and parent organizations. THAT, I presume, would fall squarely in line with objections raised, saying parents should be the ones making those decisions - those are precisely the persons who have the most valid input on the issue.

Right. Asking the government to do for you what you can do for yourself. Lazy parenting.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Newsom ate Desantis alive. Desantis continued to look smarmy, ill prepared and generally reptilian.

This is also the part of the artfully crafted story where Newsom’s prearranged excuse-hatch comes into play. Was Newsom sweating a 2-1 dynamic or counting on it?

…As POLITICO previously reported, Hannity took on much of the negotiating with both Newsom and DeSantis staff given the debate’s importance to him. Newsom had predicted a 2-on-1 dynamic; a point that annoyed Hannity, who publicly and privately pledged fairness. “He needs to get over it,” Hannity said in an interview in the run-up to his debate.
Newsom still had some doubts about Hannity, but the host gave news media interviews where he said he would treat the governors as equals and expressed a genuine fondness for Newsom. The goodwill didn’t last. At one point after the debate, a Newsom adviser pulled a Fox staffer aside and took issue with the way the network conducted itself, said a witness of that exchange, who was granted anonymity to describe the confrontation.

Okay, tough guy.

Even the earlier Politico article was building Newsom up into some sort of Democratic David going against the Fox News and RDS Goliaths.

…The competing priorities pose a challenge for Hannity, who despite his own conservative politics pledged fairness to both parties and said he is trying to make his program a place where Democrats like Newsom can not only appear but punch back. Newsom is preparing to talk up President Joe Biden’s reelection campaign and lay out the choice before Americans in 2024.
“Expect him to defend the president and use the opportunity to take on the misinformation machine at its headwaters,” Newsom spokesperson Nathan Click said.
Click added Newsom is under “no illusions — this is a 2-on-1 match with the refs in the tank for the home team. But Gov. Newsom has long believed that Democrats have to go on offense in enemy territory, and that’s exactly what he intends to do.”

A bold man, that Gavin. Under enemy fire, and he will not be cowed.

So why’s he bitching like a big baby now, for conditions every Republican candidate ever in a debate has had to deal with, but he bragged about up front?

Was he going to be a big hero going in anyway? Maybe. But he would have been a bigger hero if he hadn’t botched it all by his smirktastic, lyin’ loneself. Had Newsom been able to merely hold his own, people would have given him props for bearding the lions – Fox, Hannity, Georgia, and DeSantis – in their den. Hell, he set the stage for that himself!

But he didn’t – Newsom collapsed onstage in a greasy, smoking puddle with a pair of teeth. Think the Wicked Witch melting and no hat.

And had to have his wife bail him out because he hadn’t a clue he’d been torched.

SamSpade

This is also the part of the artfully crafted story where Newsom’s prearranged excuse-hatch comes into play. Was Newsom sweating a 2-1 dynamic or counting on it?

Okay, tough guy.

Even the earlier Politico article was building Newsom up into some sort of Democratic David going against the Fox News and RDS Goliaths.

A bold man, that Gavin. Under enemy fire, and he will not be cowed.

So why’s he bitching like a big baby now, for conditions every Republican candidate ever in a debate has had to deal with, but he bragged about up front?

Was he going to be a big hero going in anyway? Maybe. But he would have been a bigger hero if he hadn’t botched it all by his smirktastic, lyin’ loneself. Had Newsom been able to merely hold his own, people would have given him props for bearding the lions – Fox, Hannity, Georgia, and DeSantis – in their den. Hell, he set the stage for that himself!

But he didn’t – Newsom collapsed onstage in a greasy, smoking puddle with a pair of teeth. Think the Wicked Witch melting and no hat.

And had to have his wife bail him out because he hadn’t a clue he’d been torched.

I do have to give him SOME props for doing something that many on the left REPEATEDLY refuse to do - appear on FOX. And he’s done it before. Most won’t.

SamSpade

Right. Asking the government to do for you what you can do for yourself. Lazy parenting.
That doesn’t make sense. Federal, state governments didn’t do a damned thing. School districts did - and in fact, across states as big as Florida - just a few. AND most were not “banned” but removed from shelves until such a time the content is properly addressed.

This is a case where parents DID do their due diligence. They found out and voiced their concerns. And I agree that some of them should not be on library shelves accessible by first graders. Parents can’t be around kids during school hours.

Contrast that with out and out BANS from schools for books like Huck Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird and Of Mice and Men. And a few Dr. Seuss titles.

SamSpade

Hemi wants books in the school libraries, Parents should intercepting the books when kids bring them home
I’m supposing he must’ve had kids at some point. Today as well as half a century ago - well MORE for me- kids easily spend as much time IN THE LIBRARY reading as part of the school day as afterwards . My kids had a class called “media” which consisted largely of reading while in the library.

StmarysCity79

Proving once again you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Just because you don't read doesn't mean no one does.

Anne Frank isn't banned in schools; the *graphic* version is because it's more graphic than is appropriate.

The rest of them, clearly you haven't read any of them or you'd know why they're inappropriate for a school library. So don't pretend. You tweaked that list from some groomer pedo who wants nothing more than to sexualize young children. Perhaps you should consider getting better mentors.

Graphic refers to it being a graphc novel. Meaning animated dotard

StmarysCity79

That doesn’t make sense. Federal, state governments didn’t do a damned thing. School districts did - and in fact, across states as big as Florida - just a few. AND most were not “banned” but removed from shelves until such a time the content is properly addressed.

This is a case where parents DID do their due diligence. They found out and voiced their concerns. And I agree that some of them should not be on library shelves accessible by first graders. Parents can’t be around kids during school hours.

Contrast that with out and out BANS from schools for books like Huck Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird and Of Mice and Men. And a few Dr. Seuss titles.

Parents did nothing.

A group called "Moms for liberty" consisting of antigovernment and far right evangelics organised to decide these things.

StmarysCity79

I know what a graphic novel is, dumbtard - it's the stuff you Democrats "read" because you don't know any words. Similar to why you all love comic books so much.

Obviously you don't since you claimed it meant graphic as in gory not five posts ago you idiot.

Remember all the other times you posted your stupidity for everyone to see.

Like when you claimed your graph showed that no one died from Covid.

Except it showed the opposite.

No you claim illustrated really means violent and gory.

You might be the dumbest one on this forum which is really saying something.

StmarysCity79

It's not parent organizations. It's Mom's for liberty. A hate group that has quoted Hitler in their mission statement and endorsed white only events.

StmarysCity79

Not as long as you're here, honey.

I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum read that post and understood it....except for you.

Understood your deliberate lie ?

When you left off the key piece of information.

The disclaimer that the graph did not include Covid deaths?

Sure, Jan

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I’m supposing he must’ve had kids at some point. Today as well as half a century ago - well MORE for me- kids easily spend as much time IN THE LIBRARY reading as part of the school day as afterwards . My kids had a class called “media” which consisted largely of reading while in the library.
We had a media class in elementary school, its sole purpose was to teach the Dewey decimal system.