Debt past their eye balls

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Love seems to have a different meaning when your single and over 30.

You meet someone and you like them allot ,however they are in debt past their eye balls.

Is it shallow minded to take this in consideration when your heart is telling you something else.

Face it if you care for them your going to help.
But on the other hand you don't want the financial burden of their debt.

Oops the bank repossessed my car, the IRS just froze my bank account and so on and so forth..Your going to help right?

Is love really blind?

Personally I beat feet.
The question is, is it wrong to even consider these factors

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Once the honeymoon is over, Love isn't about fluttering heart beats anymore. Ignoring reality now will only lead to resentment later. It's not wrong to consider these factors it's imparative that you do so.

As a great forumite once said..."Love don't pay the bills."

B

baswm

Plus lack of cash to pay the bills will put a serious strain on a marriage. I think it is good that you are looking at the over all picture.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If a person can't control themselves financially and be responsible for their actions, why would you assume their love life would be different?
Do you want to be the Sugar Daddy? Of course if she's hot and the sex is great, it's easy to think with the wrong head.

gumbo said:
Is it shallow minded to take this in consideration when your heart is telling you something else.
Are you listening to you heart or your pecker?

F

Fulfilled

aps45819 said:
If a person can't control themselves financially and be responsible for their actions, why would you assume their love life would be different?
Do you want to be the Sugar Daddy? Of course if she's hot and the sex is great, it's easy to think with the wrong head.

Ain't nothing wrong with having a few Sugar daddies on the side! :lmao:

ACESRT04

THE OTHER
I guess it would all depend on if the debt was caused by this person or because of a divorce, death in the family, medical bills, or something of that nature. If this person just can't watch their money that is definately a problem to run from. If the debt was cause by something tragic might want to reconsider.

K

Kain99

ACESRT04 said:
I guess it would all depend on if the debt was caused by this person or because of a divorce, death in the family, medical bills, or something of that nature. If this person just can't watch their money that is definately a problem to run from. If the debt was cause by something tragic might want to reconsider.
Your heart is bigger than your brain. :kiss:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
aps45819 said:

:yeahthat:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
gumbo said:
Love seems to have a different meaning when your single and over 30.
That's not love - wanting to take up with a debt-ridden loser is called "desperation", not "love". Because next thing you know, he/she is hitting you up for a "loan" and their problem becomes your problem.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
vraiblonde said:
That's not love - wanting to take up with a debt-ridden loser is called "desperation", not "love". Because next thing you know, he/she is hitting you up for a "loan" and their problem becomes your problem.
And when they shaft you all the "goodness" you bestowed upon them is quickly forgotten.:lol:

And the judge could care less, too!:biggrin:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Wickedwrench said:
Anyone want a divorcee that can't quit spending and has debt to her eyeballs. PM me for her number.:killingme
Sounds like my ex. Problem is I keep running into the same type.
Then they try to convince me that I shouldn't look at it that way while blaming it on their ex husbands.

Why are cats and women always innocent of everything?
It's always the dog and the mans fault,
farting makes ya guilty of everything or what? :lmao:

To answer the question of what head I am thinking with?
Lets put it this way.
I would get serious wood if a woman had a good credit report.
So I would have to say,Big head wins. (about dayum time) :ohwell:

Last edited:

Foamy

Rules
vraiblonde said:

I hate when people try to make their problem, my problem. :mad:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Wickedwrench said:
And when they shaft you all the "goodness" you bestowed upon them is quickly forgotten.:lol:

And the judge could care less, too!:biggrin:
Tell it like it is brotherman :yay:
Been there done that. :ohwell:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
gumbo said:
I would get serious wood if a woman had a good credit report.
I have exceptional credit. No credit card debt, very high FICO rating, pristine credit reports, and have been granted a very favorable low interest rate mortgage and car loan.

It's really not that hard to have good credit. You just have to be responsible and live within your means. I live modestly, but there is NOTHING that I need that I cannot purchase myself.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
BadGirl said:
I have exceptional credit. No credit card debt, very high FICO rating, pristine credit reports, and have been granted a very favorable low interest rate mortgage and car loan.

It's really not that hard to have good credit. You just have to be responsible and live within your means. I live modestly, but there is NOTHING that I need that I cannot purchase myself.
After reading this and looking at your AV. :love:

:walkswithlimpnow:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
You know gumbo I've had this situation and like you I ran. I didn't need some guy who couldn't run his own finances - I already have children and didn't want to support one that was full grown.

But the criteria I use is this: Are they still out shopping, buying toys, going on expensive trips, got plenty of money for gambling or other habits? If yes, definitely run.
On the other hand, if they are living low key, not buying luxuries, etc, I would have an easier time believing that either the debt wasn't their fault or that they've learned from it and are working to pay it off. Now that may be someone to consider.