Dinner

Another dis-periment.... lasagna rollups.

139640 139641 139642 139643

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'm still at work, but I hear tell that the pot roast I put together in the crock pot last night came out very tasty.

luvmygdaughters

Saturday we celebrated my great granddaughters 1st birthday, as requested by my oldest granddaughter, I made pulled pork bbq in the crockpot, also homemade coleslaw and deviled eggs. Based on the fact there was nothing left to bring home...it must've been good. Sunday was a steak on the grill, Monday was crab cakes, left overs tonight and french onion chicken thighs tomorrow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Saturday we celebrated my great granddaughters 1st birthday, as requested by my oldest granddaughter, I made pulled pork bbq in the crockpot, also homemade coleslaw and deviled eggs. Based on the fact there was nothing left to bring home...it must've been good. Sunday was a steak on the grill, Monday was crab cakes, left overs tonight and french onion chicken thighs tomorrow.

You had me at deviled eggs....

Last night I had a roast turkey sandwich with gouda on the cranberry-pecan bread I got at the farmer's market Sunday. YUM!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had ice cold limoncello liqueur in a fancy pants cordial glass while identifying Orion's belt and promptly fell asleep 30 seconds after consuming. Outside no less.
It was a good night for that! How were the skeeters?

NextJen

Raisin cane
Please PM me your address. :)

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I went fishing today. On the way out, I stopped and got a bottled coffee & a sleeve of donuts. I often make poor food choices when I'm hungry & feel rushed. Anyhow...

On the way home I got a 5 pack of boneless chicken breast & 2 lemons. I then used a peeler to pull most of the rind off the lemons. I diced the living crap out of them until I was left with lemon rind dust. Then I did the same thing to 3 garlic cloves. I sliced each breast into 5 pieces similar to scallopini. Then into a ziplock bag went the chix, garlic, lemon rind, oregano, parsley, Zoe's kitchen spice & olive oil. I juiced the 2 lemons and added the juice into the bag. That marinated for about 3.5 hours. I turned the bag about every half hour.

Seeing how I was hungry, I turned on the grill around 5:45. It was nice and hot when I added the first batch of chix. I had more chicken than grill space so about 6 pieces were held back. Then I waited. But unknown to me, the flame went out. So the temp never went up. I restarted the grill and was back in business. In the mean time I had water boiling for broccoli.

I pulled off a few of the thinner pieces, then added the rest of the raw chicken. Again the flame went out and I didn't realize it until I checked again. But I righted the ship and got everything cooked. I nuked 1 of those packages of jasmine rice.. Don't judge. They are perfect for motorhome living and taste pretty good.

So dinner was oregano chicken, jasmine rice and buttered broccoli. I dirtied a minimal of kitchen items. We have some left overs that will make a tasty sandwich. Chicken is the perfect medium for the garlic, oregano & lemon combo.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I went fishing today. On the way out, I stopped and got a bottled coffee & a sleeve of donuts. I often make poor food choices when I'm hungry & feel rushed. Anyhow...

On the way home I got a 5 pack of boneless chicken breast & 2 lemons. I then used a peeler to pull most of the rind off the lemons. I diced the living crap out of them until I was left with lemon rind dust. Then I did the same thing to 3 garlic cloves. I sliced each breast into 5 pieces similar to scallopini. Then into a ziplock bag went the chix, garlic, lemon rind, oregano, parsley, Zoe's kitchen spice & olive oil. I juiced the 2 lemons and added the juice into the bag. That marinated for about 3.5 hours. I turned the bag about every half hour.

Seeing how I was hungry, I turned on the grill around 5:45. It was nice and hot when I added the first batch of chix. I had more chicken than grill space so about 6 pieces were held back. Then I waited. But unknown to me, the flame went out. So the temp never went up. I restarted the grill and was back in business. In the mean time I had water boiling for broccoli.

I pulled off a few of the thinner pieces, then added the rest of the raw chicken. Again the flame went out and I didn't realize it until I checked again. But I righted the ship and got everything cooked. I nuked 1 of those packages of jasmine rice.. Don't judge. They are perfect for motorhome living and taste pretty good.

So dinner was oregano chicken, jasmine rice and buttered broccoli. I dirtied a minimal of kitchen items. We have some left overs that will make a tasty sandwich. Chicken is the perfect medium for the garlic, oregano & lemon combo.

I did similar a few nights ago. Used lemon, garlic; and parsley and oregano from our garden, but roasted it in the oven. Yummo!

Last edited: