Divorced Wiccans fight Judge's order.

K

Kain99

Railroad said:
I know the argument here is about where the division between church and state should be, and about how deep into "personal" issues the law should go. As Kain said, the judge was probably disgusted by the freaks.

But from where I sit the real substance of the issue isn't secular at all, because the ex-couple and their child are going to He11 if someone doesn't get their attention, and at least give them the opportunity get right with God. Teaching a child wrong, especially if the child loves and respects the teacher (i.e., parent(s)), is a hideous way of endangering that child's soul.
But the parents have that covered! They have their baby enrolled in Catholic School! :killingme:

I'm sorry... I just couldn't resist!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Railroad said:
But from where I sit the real substance of the issue isn't secular at all, because the ex-couple and their child are going to He11 if someone doesn't get their attention, and at least give them the opportunity get right with God. Teaching a child wrong, especially if the child loves and respects the teacher (i.e., parent(s)), is a hideous way of endangering that child's soul.
Railroad, those are your personal religious beliefs, and I respect those. I just believe that personal religious beliefs shouldn't be confused with facts of law. The law should be silent on questions of whether the soul exists or whether Hell exists.

K

Kain99

Tonio said:
The law should be silent on questions of whether the soul exists or whether Hell exists.
Exactly! How are we supposed to FRY people if we worry about silly things like Hell? :lol:

God I don't know what's gotten into me! I just think this tread is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! :lol:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Triggerfish said:
By the way neither Thomas Jefferson nor Ben Franklin were Christians, they were Deists.
There you go, confusing the issue with facts! :lol:

I believe this country was founded on Christian principles and that the religious freedom everyone runs to was intended to be freedom to worship God and Jesus Christ without the influence of the Anglican church. It was to allow fundamentalists (folks like me but a good bit more conservative) the freedom to worship God. It was not intended to sanction or condone ANY other religion (or lack thereof).

Triggerfish

Triggerfish said:
A question...how would you feel if you lived in say Utah and they were able to pass a law saying that you must raise your children up as Mormon? Or Baptist or Catholic?

Yes, I know that's not going to happen.

Maybe I was wrong....if Indiana can say children should be protected from Wicca then Utah may be able to say that children have to be protected against non-Mormon religious groups and in Hawaii which is predominantly Asian you may be even more surprised.

K

Kain99

Railroad said:

I believe this country was founded on Christian principles and that the religious freedom everyone runs to was intended to be freedom to worship God and Jesus Christ without the influence of the Anglican church. It was to allow fundamentalists (folks like me but a good bit more conservative) the freedom to worship God. It was not intended to sanction or condone ANY other religion (or lack thereof).
Send Railroad down South for a couple days and he comes back looking like Oral Roberts! :kiss:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
elaine said:
We pagans think you christians are weird.
:lol: We Christians think you pagans are weird.

"Oh the Protestants
Hate the Catholics
And the Catholics
Hate the Protestants
And the Muslims
Hate the Hindus
And everybody hates the Jews...."

Triggerfish

Railroad said:

I don't remember how long I've been awake so I'm starting to get confused between my mouse and everything else on my desk. Oh, I've been up almost 24 hrs now and I have to be up at around 3:30PM for getting readyt for work.

So if I sound confused don't mind me. :biggrin: :yawn:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Kain99 said:
Send Railroad down South for a couple days and he comes back looking like Oral Roberts! :kiss:
:lmao: Nah - I've been staying away from this type of topic for a long time, but the forums are kinda sparse right now.....sort of like draining a pond; the fish get crowded as the water level sinks.... :lmao:

Triggerfish

Railroad said:
:lol: We Christians think you pagans are weird.

"Oh the Protestants
Hate the Catholics
And the Catholics
Hate the Protestants
And the Muslims
Hate the Hindus
And everybody hates the Jews...."

pssstttt....did you know that the Japanese gave sanctuary to thousands of Jews during WWII?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Triggerfish said:
Maybe I was wrong....if Indiana can say children should be protected from Wicca then Utah may be able to say that children have to be protected against non-Mormon religious groups and in Hawaii which is predominantly Asian you may be even more surprised.
Hmmm....dividing the country up into faith-based slices! Interesting idea! See what sleep deprivation does for the imagination?

Triggerfish

Railroad said:
Hmmm....dividing the country up into faith-based slices! Interesting idea! See what sleep deprivation does for the imagination?

The South West and large chunks of FLA and N. England would be Catholic. Nevada aka Dessert would be Mormon. The rest of country besides Hawaii would be micro communities of different Protestant groups. NYC would be chaos.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Triggerfish said:
The South West and large chunks of FLA and N. England would be Catholic. Nevada aka Dessert would be Mormon. The rest of country besides Hawaii would be micro communities of different Protestant groups. NYC would be chaos.
:killingme Whaddaya mean "would be?!" :killingme

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Railroad said:
It was not intended to sanction or condone ANY other religion (or lack thereof).
I hope you're not saying that you want the law to forbid anyone from subscribing to a non-Christian religion.

K

Kain99

Tonio said:
I hope you're not saying that you want the law to forbid anyone from subscribing to a non-Christian religion.
Hey Tonio... Ya might have missed it but we're all laughing! Relax,no one is taking this tread all that seriously. :wink: