Divorced Wiccans fight Judge's order.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Hello6 said:
I wouldn't have been so meam to the Morons if I'd known they consisted of cakes and pies.
:killingme :roflmao: :lmao: :lol:

Go a little further West to CA and you'll find all kinds of cakes and pies - mostly fruits and nuts (aka Wiccans and the like).

John Z

if you will
Hello6 said:
Funny, I thought the saying was "God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts"

Sounds like something that might be on a church sign, like that one in Hughesville. :lol:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
John Z said:
Sounds like something that might be on a church sign, like that one in Hughesville. :lol:
It would most likely be on a Catholic or Episcopal church sign ("Spiritual Fruits") - priests, dontcha know. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Railroad said:
High praise! Do let me know if you ever have anything worthwhile to contribute, sweetie!

You mean like you? Oh wait! I'm sure somebody on here wants to know when you're mowing the lawn. Silly me.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:
As you might expect, my 2 cents is, the judge was right, and the wiccans and the so-called Christian that was interviewed were wrong. Ain't but one way to heaven, folks, and so all other so-called religions aren't valid.

How Christian of you. This arrogant view is why I quit attending church services. I believe in a loving, forgiving God that does not condem a soul to eternal torment because he doesn't agree with my personal beliefs. To think that my personal opinion matters to the creator of the universe is beyond arrogant.

Wiccans say their religion is based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons.

Don't see why someone should go to hell for believing that.
So would the judge still be right if he was a wiccian and the parents a member of your church or is a person's personal religious beliefs something that should not be dedided by the state?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
aps45819 said:
How Christian of you. This arrogant view is why I quit attending church services. I believe in a loving, forgiving God that does not condem a soul to eternal torment because he doesn't agree with my personal beliefs. To think that my personal opinion matters to the creator of the universe is beyond arrogant.
But it does matter to Him.

I'm gonna drop out of this part of the discussion, because I don't want to be forcing what I think on any of you. Take it or leave it, that's your prerogative.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Railroad said:

I'm gonna drop out of this part of the discussion, because I don't want to be forcing what I think on any of you. Take it or leave it, that's your prerogative.

:clap:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:

But it's OK for a judge to do it?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Kain99 said:
Hey Tonio... Ya might have missed it but we're all laughing! Relax,no one is taking this tread all that seriously. :wink:
In that spirit, I declare that the official religion for the state of Maryland is the Church of Tonio. :lol: We teach that the universe is a giant whoopee pie, and that the human race is the cream filling in the middle. Our deity is Barry Gibb. (We debated the choice of James Hetfield during his beard-and-long-hair era, but he was disqualified after the Load album.) During our services, we take communion with Amish-made whoopee pies will singing "Too Much Heaven."