Do Ladies Wear Slips Anymore?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I called nobody "loose". May I interest you in a word of the day calander?

No, but for some reason you're convinced that all who go without slips WANT to show their London, France, and Tom & Jerry. I don't understand how you came to such a conclusion, but its definitely not about the majority of slipless women. You saying we want to show off the goods, indicates you think we have little morals, or social mores, whatever twist you want to call it. Having fewer morals tends to equal a loose woman. At least most of the women on here who admit to going slipless, would prefer not to be associated as loose. That's just how we took it, and its not unreasonable to do so.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Girdles and slips. Interesting topic.

I wore slips during the 80's and 90's. I wore a girdle and slip to a high school reunion 3 months after giving birth. (I wish there were spanks back then)

I now buy clothes where I don't have to wear anything...other than a smile.

Slips: I had a white, nude and black, each in varying lengths.

If you buy a quality skirt, it is lined.

Solution is, as mentioned, dress pants.

I no longer have a slip.

bohman

...If they truly aren't showing their undies, then it shouldn't bother them, should it? They shouldn't be offended that someone sees their panties, because it's not a problem, right? :biggrin: ....

As far as I can tell, what bothers them is that they told you flat out that their undies don't show, and you didn't believe them. As for terbear, I'll vouch that no underwear is visible on her person when she steps out in public. She's modest to a fault.

If you planned on not believing their responses, why ask the question?

Holy Multi-Quote!

So, I guess what I've learned is some women think it's okay for their skirts to creep and to show their under-roos to g-d and everybody and other ladies don't.

The women who don't wear slips choose not to because it's not fashionable in thier minds to wear a slip because they would rather show their underwear or lack there of and let their skirts creep up.

So women, in your opinion, that don't wear slips do so because they want to advertise their underwear? :rolleyes:

I agree that younger girls seem to be lost on the point of being a little more modest, but please don't lump us all together. I make a point of looking professional at all times, and don't feel I need a slip to do so. Growing up my mother was a huge stickler about clothes: the fit, the look, if my undies showed, if it was see-through, etc. In fact, she introduced me to spanx fairly young, and still tisks me if my bra strap shows under a tank. (c'mon mom, I'm on vacation with a beer in my hand...)

If my skirt doesn't fit properly and "bunches up", or even hints at possibly exposing my underwear, I simply don't wear it. When I buy clothes for work I do all sorts of "tests" to make sure they're appropriate all around. I'm frugal and broke so if I'll be spending money on a skirt, it will not be sitting in my closet and deemed "unwearable" because it bunches. A slip is not something I grew up wearing, as the same for most women my age, so using them is a little foreign to us. We all kind of see spanx as "the new slip". (at least the ones that care about how they look) In fact I'm wearing a nice Ann Taylor pencil skirt right now, with NO slip, and since the waist of it hits me right at my pudgiest, I'm not wearing spanx either! I promise I'm not flashing any of my coworkers, although some would appreciate if I did more than others! Nor is my panty-line showing, and its not clinging.

My social mores are just fine, thankyouverymuch

:clap:

.....By the posts, and the obvious angst in those posts directed towards me for pointing it out, it appears to be a conscious decision to not wear a slip, and screw anyone who says otherwise because nobody can see their panties, spanx or lack there of. Okay.

I'll continue to wear a slip, keeping my thongs in my pants and not showing off my bra in public, because I'm not comfortable showing my stuff. I don't care what the rest of you do, but I wish some of you would put on some underwear.

There was no obvious angst, at least not when I was posting yesterday nor from what I've read today until you started going on about how 'some women' (those that choose not to wear slips) like to have their skirts creep up and show their underoos off.

Why did you post this anyway? You seem to take offense to anyone that chooses not to wear a slip. And the whole "fattie" comment yesterday was just ridiculous. I did not call you fat nor did I insinuate you are fat. But because I (and whomever) choose not to wear a slip, you insinuate I (or whomever) like to show off the goods :rolleyes:

perhaps it's not the disagreement over whether or not to wear a slip that has people "angsting" perhaps its the holier than thou attitude and the implication that only someone with loose morals and a desire to show the world their under-roos would go without a slip.

:yeahthat:

OMG. :banghead:

My quote about "social mores" was from the article.

Do you know what "social mores" are? It's not morals.

I asked a question. I gave my point of view. Why are you whacked about it?

As for somebody being "loose" (your word) imho, that has nothing to do with whether or not somebody is wearing a slip.

You have some freaky issues.

Exactly, you asked a question and some gave points of view that differ from yours. Why are you whacked about it?

Okay. I'm not huffy. :mad:

I just want some of these chicks to put on some panties. :lmao:

I also asked a question, why aren't people wearing slips. Geesh.

To me, you all are over-reacting about me asking a freaking question. :eyeball:

To me, you are over-reacting about the answers to why people aren't wearing slips :eyeball:

No, I'm pretty sure their annoyance at you happened AFTER they answered your question with reasonable responses, and you talked down at them and implied that they intentionally show off their underwear to the world. The exception being, when you implied that they have no idea whether their underwear shows or not.

:yeahthat:

Well, if they took it that way, it's because they know they are showing their undies to the world at large and are offended that somebody pointed it out to them. :shrug:

I don't see these ladies on here, so how would I know? I'm stating what I see (which is not London nor France).

If they truly aren't showing their undies, then it shouldn't bother them, should it? They shouldn't be offended that someone sees their panties, because it's not a problem, right? :biggrin:

Right now, I think half of them need a dictionary.

I think you need to re-read this entire thread :yay:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I just recently gave all of my slips to the Purpleheart. Going through them conjured up memories of just being downright uncomfortable. I can not remember the last time I put one on or thought, dang this skirt needs a slip. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
perhaps it's not the disagreement over whether or not to wear a slip that has people "angsting" perhaps its the holier than thou attitude and the implication that only someone with loose morals and a desire to show the world their under-roos would go without a slip.

I don't care what you do either, but I wish you didn't feel the need to run down others of your gender and imply that they are loose just because they don't agree with you.

I didn't get that from her posts, and I don't understand how you got that from her posts. Maybe there's a reason you're taking it so personally?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
So, do I need to throw away my cute Tap Pants or not?

Actually, it's a rhetorical question. I like 'em, they are cute, and they camoflage my panty lines and provide some discretion to flimsy fabric.

I'm gonna keep 'em and wear 'em proudly. :biggrin:

Pete

Repete

Actually, it's a rhetorical question. I like 'em, they are cute, and they camoflage my panty lines and provide some discretion to flimsy fabric.

Was that a selfie in the bathroom mirror?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
No, but for some reason you're convinced that all who go without slips WANT to show their London, France, and Tom & Jerry. I don't understand how you came to such a conclusion, but its definitely not about the majority of slipless women. You saying we want to show off the goods, indicates you think we have little morals, or social mores, whatever twist you want to call it. Having fewer morals tends to equal a loose woman. At least most of the women on here who admit to going slipless, would prefer not to be associated as loose. That's just how we took it, and its not unreasonable to do so.

I suspect she came to that conclusion the same way anyone else would. You see someone backlit, wearing a skirt. You can see legs through the skirt. This person must not mind that her silhouette can be seen, because there are garments made to prevent this. No undergarment=person does not mind that you can see her silhouette. :shrug:

Again, mig was not the person who used the term 'loose'.

Good, they're cute....plus we don't want to see your wedgie :wink:

:howdy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

No, you do not. Just because the youngsters don't think they are fashionable, does not mean that mean don't lovelovelove them. Slips, whole or half, tap pants, womens under garments in general. Men don't do fashion. They do dainties.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So, how many of you fashion forward wimmins left your bra's at home today? Hmmm?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

New forum dress code. Women shall not wear:

Capris
Jorts
Skorts ( :bawl:)
slips
TAP PANTS

Well, you can wear them, but we have the right to make fun of you. :cheesy:

Men, no black socks with shorts and especially not with shorts AND sandals. :cds:

No, you do not. Just because the youngsters don't think they are fashionable, does not mean that mean don't lovelovelove them. Slips, whole or half, tap pants, womens under garments in general. Men don't do fashion. They do dainties.

Some slips are very "fashionable" (I Googled them yesterday, hehe), some are down right sexy...I think. That said, many of 'us' gave other reasons why 'we' don't wear them but those reasons are being overlooked as we so clearly must love showing our asses...right? :ohwell:

So, how many of you fashion forward wimmins left your bra's at home today? Hmmm?

Me! I'm definitely rockin these big ol pregger tittie balls AND a slipless dress. I mean, who doesn't wanna see all this? Duh

New forum dress code. Women shall not wear:

Capris
Jorts
Skorts ( :bawl:)
slips
TAP PANTS

Well, you can wear them, but we have the right to make fun of you. :cheesy:

Men, no black socks with shorts and especially not with shorts AND sandals. :cds:

So NO CROCS for all sexes is simply just plain understood and that's why you didn't mention it, right?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I suspect she came to that conclusion the same way anyone else would. You see someone backlit, wearing a skirt. You can see legs through the skirt. This person must not mind that her silhouette can be seen, because there are garments made to prevent this. No undergarment=person does not mind that you can see her silhouette. :shrug:

Again, mig was not the person who used the term 'loose'.

I wear long black skirts and dresses. When I am in a certain light people can see my legs. So what?

I am usually wearing underwear. I dress for comfort and will hopefully never be a spandex wearing Walmart Photo Op.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
'we' don't wear them but those reasons are being overlooked as we so clearly must love showing our asses...right? :ohwell:

Where did I ####in' say that? Where? Please please please find that post and quote it for me.