Do you ever wonder why...

Hannibal

I always wonder why people in gas vehicles seek out the only diesel pump kiosk, despite the numerous open gas pumps in the station, and then walk inside to order their lunch while pumping. Wawa or Sheetz is prime for offenders. And they often seem oblivious when they come back to their car and I’m parked on their ass while all the other kiosks are wide open. Gotta love people.

PeoplesElbow

I always wonder why people in gas vehicles seek out the only diesel pump kiosk, despite the numerous open gas pumps in the station, and then walk inside to order their lunch while pumping. Wawa or Sheetz is prime for offenders. And they often seem oblivious when they come back to their car and I’m parked on their ass while all the other kiosks are wide open. Gotta love people.

Until now I never knew they only had one diesel pump, if I go inside after pumping gas I move my car though.

Hannibal

They may have more than one but they seem to attract hungry gas drivers while leaving gas only pumps all to themselves. I’ve been trapped waiting on someone for this reason on numerous occasions.

I was never a fan of grabbing food while pumping but not being aware of where you’re parked is annoying as f-Uck.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

This is one of the reasons I try to only get diesel at Murphy Express in Dahlgren. They have diesel at every pump. With the Jetta I can vent the tank to purge the air pocket and squeeze in another 2 gallons. This equates to about 80 more miles before my next fill up and I don't have to block access for the gas burners.

keekee

....or the big fat slobs that need some exercise waiting 10 minutes blocking everyone for the old couple pulling out of the closest spot to the store

From my experience, it's not old folks taking the closest spots to the store, or parking in the firelane.
They typically have more determination and more dignity. I often see older folks walking in from the far spots.
It's the lazy folks you mention competing with the young punks who feel entitled...

MiddleGround

I have always wondered where exactly they hand out the Handicapped hang tags like they are candy. Seems that every other person in SOMD has one hanging from their rearview. Most of them park in the handi-spot, get out of their vehicle, and run to the doors!

Dare you to go to Wallyworld at any time between 8am and 10pm and try to find an open handi-spot :lmao:

Grumpy

I have always wondered where exactly they hand out the Handicapped hang tags like they are candy. Seems that every other person in SOMD has one hanging from their rearview. Most of them park in the handi-spot, get out of their vehicle, and run to the doors!

Dare you to go to Wallyworld at any time between 8am and 10pm and try to find an open handi-spot :lmao:

I had an ex-boss(who was a fantastic boss) who had a neighbor that was a gyno that arranged for him to get a handicap plate. Tho my boss was older(in his late 60s at the time), he was perfectly healthy, but always insisted that you have to take advantage of what you can. And yes, he was a lib, but you could agree to disagree with him with no ill feelings. This just further cemented my feelings that libs don't care about a caring society, they just care about themselves.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I had an ex-boss(who was a fantastic boss) who had a neighbor that was a gyno that arranged for him to get a handicap plate. Tho my boss was older(in his late 60s at the time), he was perfectly healthy, but always insisted that you have to take advantage of what you can. And yes, he was a lib, but you could agree to disagree with him with no ill feelings. This just further cemented my feelings that libs don't care about a caring society, they just care about themselves.

Ya know, this actually got me to tinking. In nature only the strong survive. As we are part of nature, so to among humans, do the strong survive. Democrats/liberals are seemingly always doing what it takes to survive. Even if it means taking advantage of an otherwise available benefit. Cheating at voting. Doing what ever it takes to maintain themselves. Having no quarrel gaming the system to their benefit. Republicans on the other hand do not do these things, at least not to the degree dems do. Republicans get complacent and get caught behind the 8-ball all the time. Left out to dry so to speak. If cut off from a benefit? Will just simply accept it. A democrat would never simply accept it. Like the summer food crop saver (Republicans) that saves food for the winter. Democrats, when hungry enough and not savers, but the immediate consumer, will steal and kill for the stored food, and survive. Maybe it's pride, on republican's part? But you get the jist of the thought, right? It just seems to be.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I wonder when the trend started where everyone has to back into a parking space.

Backing into the space makes it easier to pull out. I drive a Malibu - trying to back out of my own parking space in my neighborhood is difficult because the neighbor has an SUV, and I can't see around it when I'm backing out. It's safer to back in.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
By backing into a parking space it makes it safer pulling out of a parking space

:yay:

When I was a GS leader, it was part of our procedures at camps or events. All cars backed into the spaces so they could pull out easier in an emergency. When all cars are facing out they can leave in a more organized and safe way.

glhs837

Power with Control
:yay:

When I was a GS leader, it was part of our procedures at camps or events. All cars backed into the spaces so they could pull out easier in an emergency. When all cars are facing out they can leave in a more organized and safe way.

Yep, taught the kids to back in or pull through for just that reason. Life comes at you fast sometimes, and you never know. Sometimes, being able to GTFO is pretty important.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was taught to drive by my 14 year old guy bud. I don't think my mom ever one time took me out to drive. She took me to get my license and that was about it. Back in the day they just gave us driver's ed in school and threw us out of the road and we were fine.

Just sayin'.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm on a longterm ADA work accommodation and the docs ask if I want a handicap tag again when I see him or her.
Won't qualify for reconstructive surgery (have hernias that need to be fixed as an after effect of the abdominal surgery) at least until the summer of 2020.
A lot of days, I feel in good shape for twice my age.

Had one in the aftermath of the cancer surgery, when I was undergoing chemo, and a few months after that finished while I was recovering.

There are days when I'd like to have one, but most of the time I can walk the distance and time I need to make it through the day.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm on a longterm ADA work accommodation and the docs ask if I want a handicap tag again when I see him or her.
Won't qualify for reconstructive surgery (have hernias that need to be fixed as an after effect of the abdominal surgery) at least until the summer of 2020.
A lot of days, I feel in good shape for twice my age.

Had one in the aftermath of the cancer surgery, when I was undergoing chemo, and a few months after that finished while I was recovering.

There are days when I'd like to have one, but most of the time I can walk the distance and time I need to make it through the day.

Wow. Our lives are connected in some way. Son who works nights at Giant thinks he has a hernia. He found out that he doesn’t qualify for MD Connection Obama Care anymore, and has to be with the grocery worker union for 18 months before he qualifies for their health care. He is making 25,000/year and has been on the job for 90 days. That is how screwed up our health system/insurance is so, I got him an abdomen brace, and he says it helps. How serious is it if he has to wait for treatment? Thanks.

I forgot to say thank you, Obama.

And, son doesn’t screw up parking spaces. He rides a bicycle to work.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yep, taught the kids to back in or pull through for just that reason. Life comes at you fast sometimes, and you never know. Sometimes, being able to GTFO is pretty important.

I don’t think how you park your vehicle (as in front or rear) really makes a difference, except for PE’s pics of being wedged in by another vehicle. That might be the dumbest parking I have seen, and I have seen some doozies. I always open the door before I get out, to be sure I am in between the lines. I try my best to not be that arsehole that people talk about. :smile:

glhs837

Power with Control
I was taught to drive by my 14 year old guy bud. I don't think my mom ever one time took me out to drive. She took me to get my license and that was about it. Back in the day they just gave us driver's ed in school and threw us out of the road and we were fine.

Just sayin'.

Ah, no you (we, really) weren't. We died by the hundreds of thousands learning stuff that should have been taught and wasnt. A lot of it still isnt, even though over 30,000 a year die in crashes, most of them preventable or easily lessened in severity. In 1981, it was about 4ish deaths per million miles driven. Today it's a bit over 1. With most of that being due to increases in the safety of the vehicle, not the driver.

glhs837

Power with Control
I don’t think how you park your vehicle (as in front or rear) really makes a difference, except for PE’s pics of being wedged in by another vehicle. That might be the dumbest parking I have seen, and I have seen some doozies. I always open the door before I get out, to be sure I am in between the lines. I try my best to not be that arsehole that people talk about. :smile:

I'm talking real GTFO stuff. Someone chasing you, shooter in the parking lot, whatever. When seconds count, backing vs straight out is a huge difference. Rare, yep, but chance favors the prepared mind. :)

Potomac

I drive a sedan and so I frequently back into my parking space or choose a pull through because it has become increasingly difficult to simply back out of a parking space in any parking lot these days. I can't see around the minivans or big trucks most people drive and so while I back out slowly & cautiously that seems to be less & less acceptable to other drivers racing down the aisles, swerving around me honking and being all around jerks. :-/