Do you ever wonder why...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Why doesn't he qualify for MD Connection? Just seems odd.

Son was/is with MD Connection. He is only going by what HHS told him last week when he met with them. As a coincidence, he got a letter from MHC today saying he qualifies for Medicaid, and packet is forthcoming. And he was denied qualified health plan with financial assistance. HHS were the ones that looked into it. :confused: I guess he will find out what’s up. A lot about our gov is odd. Thanks for reply.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The UFCW is absolutely useless, until there is a strike. I was a member then and I actually made more money on strike than I did while working.

You brought back a memory. When I moved to Mobile AL (after LSU grad) I went to Scott Paper Co as a Kelly Girl. I was 22 years old. They took me on permanently in admin, then they went on strike. I learned to drive a forklift to load trucks, and the money wasn’t bad, either. The days on and days off took a while to get used to. I lived in a house with no a/c, only ceiling fans. I have pics from the ole days in an album. I need to learn how to save my pics digitally. Anyway, it was a definite learning experience, and a hoot and a half, too. I became a tougher person because of that experience. I would do it again.

I know my stories are not as great as wr’s. I miss her. Hope she is ok.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Giant had the same policy in 2007 when I worked for them. Long before Obama Care. Were you bashing Obama Care aka Medicaid when your son qualified for it?

Those that pay a dollar a month for health,dental and vision care tend not to condemn it, until they have to pay the going rate that working America pays.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Those that pay a dollar a month for health,dental and vision care tend not to condemn it, until they have to pay the going rate that working America pays.

As usual, you don’t know what you are talking about. The reason is because you think you know everything about everything. Well, you don’t. That was easy.

Why don’t you reply directly to me, any more? :killingme:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
See, mines close to that, but moddeled on the USMC rules for gunfighting drive defensively, courteously, but have a plan to put anyone you meet into the wall/ditch....... :) (Motorcycle ROE a bit different)

I didn’t know you are a Marine. Close to my heart because my hub is one.

glhs837

Power with Control

awpitt

Main Streeter
^That

One thing I noticed when I moved here, If I am backing out of a spot and a car suddenly turns into the isle that I am backing out into, they expect me to stop for them, some even have expected me to go back into the spot so they can get around me. My second or third day in Maryland I had someone zip into the isle ( I was parked at the last space) honk as they were turning into the isle and swerve around me.

This doesn't only happen in MD. I can attest to that. The problem is that if you're backing out of a parking space and someone is in the isle, they have the right of way and you must wait for them even if you have to pull back into the parking space to let them by. They have the right of way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This doesn't only happen in MD. I can attest to that.

Yup. There are hole drivers all across America.

The older population in Florida does lend itself to more courteous driving, though, even if they are timid and clearly have depth perception issues. The yoots are jerks, but the oldsters will wait their turn.

awpitt

Main Streeter
My guess is he makes too much money now. Just a guess.

One can buy insurance through Obamacare regardless of their income. Only question is if they get any subsidies or not. My guess is someone working at Giant wouldn't be over that income threshold.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This doesn't only happen in MD. I can attest to that. The problem is that if you're backing out of a parking space and someone is in the isle, they have the right of way and you must wait for them even if you have to pull back into the parking space to let them by. They have the right of way.

I don't think so. If, PE says, they are already committed, and in the process, of backing out of a space, and a car then turns into PE's isle/row, that car entering the isle/row must allow for the continued backing out of PE's car. The "rules-of-the-road" do not really apply in parking lots. There is no right-of-way. There is "give way" and common sense and courtesy though.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If I may ...

I don't think so. If, PE says, they are already committed, and in the process, of backing out of a space, and a car then turns into PE's isle/row, that car entering the isle/row must allow for the continued backing out of PE's car. The "rules-of-the-road" do not really apply in parking lots. There is no right-of-way. There is "give way" and common sense and courtesy though.

Yes. I understand if a car is already backing out by the time the second car enters the isle but if there's a car already in the isle, and you want to back out, you must give them the right of way. Those rules do apply. I can guarantee you that if you back out of a parking spot and hit a car that's already in the isle, you are at fault.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes. I understand if a car is already backing out by the time the second car enters the isle but if there's a car already in the isle, and you want to back out, you must give them the right of way. Those rules do apply. I can guarantee you that if you back out of a parking spot and hit a car that's already in the isle, you are at fault.

Judge Judy said so yesterday! :lol:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well sure, in that scenario. But that's just common driving sense. Similar, but different, to not pulling out in front of flowing traffic at a stop sign.

glhs837

Power with Control
I didn’t know you are a Marine. Close to my heart because my hub is one.

Am not. Retried Sailor, been priviledged to work with both regular and HMX-1 Marines on Cobra, CH-53, CH-46, and HMX-1 projects. But just becuase I wasnt one doesnt mean I cant borrow a great tactic. :)

PeoplesElbow

They were not in the isle, I was and then they turned into the isle. I see it quite often, people in too much of a hurry to let people finish getting out.