Do you ever wonder why...

glhs837

Power with Control
Yup. There are hole drivers all across America.

The older population in Florida does lend itself to more courteous driving, though, even if they are timid and clearly have depth perception issues. The yoots are jerks, but the oldsters will wait their turn.

And then your turn, then maybe mine toooooo :)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This doesn't only happen in MD. I can attest to that. The problem is that if you're backing out of a parking space and someone is in the isle, they have the right of way and you must wait for them even if you have to pull back into the parking space to let them by. They have the right of way.

I'm glad the majority of people AREN'T #######s.

mitzi

Those that pay a dollar a month for health,dental and vision care tend not to condemn it, until they have to pay the going rate that working America pays.

I was part time, so I didn't qualify for anything except paying union dues every week.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm talking real GTFO stuff. Someone chasing you, shooter in the parking lot, whatever. When seconds count, backing vs straight out is a huge difference. Rare, yep, but chance favors the prepared mind. :)

Where is it that you shop and might get shot? I want to make sure I don't visit there. TIA

glhs837

Power with Control
Where is it that you shop and might get shot? I want to make sure I don't visit there. TIA

Highest risk would have to be St Marys Square. Followed by maybe the library. :) Still far lower than the risk I face every day from chuckleheads driving cars around me on the road, granted. I'm sure the young man shot to death in his front seat in that apt complex off GMR for a simple robbery was at pretty low risk too, until it went to 100%. WE live in a pretty low risk place, and I like that. Doesn't mean I dont keep an eye out and take simple steps to better my odds should the dice turn up on my number. Navy taught me that the mind that has thought through a thing ahead of time is far more prepared to react properly.

mitzi

I've never qualified for any substitutes myself, I paid pretty good Union Dues myself. But we paid quarterly.

It was weekly when I was there. The older people that had been with Giant full time for years had great benefits and great pay. Times change.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It was weekly when I was there. The older people that had been with Giant full time for years had great benefits and great pay. Times change.

When I was full time with Lowe's, had really good benefits, did not need them after my wife's kicked in with NAVAIR.
I've been part time with Lowe's since November 2016, almost no benefits, which are affordable.

mitzi

When I was full time with Lowe's, had really good benefits, did not need them after my wife's kicked in with NAVAIR.
I've been part time with Lowe's since November 2016, almost no benefits, which are affordable.

So many business' keep people part time so they don't qualify for benefits (if they offer benefits at all).

black dog

Free America

My ex sold kitchen cabinets for Lowes out in Indiana in the 90's. She was paid reasonably well, received commission for her sales and at that time the employee discount was 2% over cost.
We gutted two homes in that time and saved many thousands with her unbelievable discount. It came to a end in the late ninety's and within a year or so lots of other nice perks for employees were gone.
She left in 1999.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My ex sold kitchen cabinets for Lowes out in Indiana in the 90's. She was paid reasonably well, received commission for her sales and at that time the employee discount was 2% over cost.
We gutted two homes in that time and saved many thousands with her unbelievable discount. It came to a end in the late ninety's and within a year or so lots of other nice perks for employees were gone.
She left in 1999.

It accelerated downhill after the current CEO/President/Chairman took office on 25 January 2002.

A new COO took office on 5 February, an activist investment group (DE Shaw) took a $1 Billion position in Lowe's and has place 3 of their own choices on the Board.
Already a couple of things have changed for the better, a couple of things have new lipstick, but are not as good...most is status quo.
New guy is likely in line for the Big Chair in the Corner Office, but after 15 1/2 years with them, seem like I've worked for 4 different companies with the same name.

Spiffs, commissions and Special Order discount went away several years ago, along with the Holiday Bonus.

If you stay with any single company long enough, they all go thru a metamorphosis, and usually not for the better.

I was with a major aerospace co for over 30 years, and when I left, it was nothing like the original company. Between the loss of benefits to the employees and the multiple mergers and acquisitions, we were never sure what the name was going to be on the outside of the building.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I keep score by the number of managers I see go bye bye; from regional VP down, I've outlasted well over 200.

black dog

Free America
It accelerated downhill after the current CEO/President/Chairman took office on 25 January 2002.

A new COO took office on 5 February, an activist investment group (DE Shaw) took a $1 Billion position in Lowe's and has place 3 of their own choices on the Board.
Already a couple of things have changed for the better, a couple of things have new lipstick, but are not as good...most is status quo.
New guy is likely in line for the Big Chair in the Corner Office, but after 15 1/2 years with them, seem like I've worked for 4 different companies with the same name.

Spiffs, commissions and Special Order discount went away several years ago, along with the Holiday Bonus.

That's truly a shame.

black dog

Free America
download (11).jpg

download (13).jpg

awpitt

Main Streeter
They were not in the isle, I was and then they turned into the isle. I see it quite often, people in too much of a hurry to let people finish getting out.

As I already stated, if you're already backing out and someone enters the isle, they have to wait for you.