Do you ever wonder why...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The one dipstick move I have seen most often lately on 235 is zooming up in the middle lane then swerving into the first lane, slamming on the brakes, then forcing their way into the turn lane. All to shave a second or two off their trip.

awpitt

Main Streeter
What I don't understand is people who are incapable of executing a proper left turn. They insist on crossing over the opposite lane at the end of the turn.

Left-Turn.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wow. Our lives are connected in some way. Son who works nights at Giant thinks he has a hernia. He found out that he doesn’t qualify for MD Connection Obama Care anymore, and has to be with the grocery worker union for 18 months before he qualifies for their health care. He is making 25,000/year and has been on the job for 90 days. That is how screwed up our health system/insurance is so, I got him an abdomen brace, and he says it helps. How serious is it if he has to wait for treatment? Thanks.

I forgot to say thank you, Obama.

And, son doesn’t screw up parking spaces. He rides a bicycle to work.

I wear an abdominal binder about 16 hours day, which helps the damage from spreading.
Wear it at work and when I'm doing anything that might put pressure on the existing damage, plus while sleeping.

Have been fortunate, no complications save the occasional dull ache...no actual pain from it.
Main one (where I used to have a naval) looks like half a large grapefruit, smaller one further up the internal scar line looks like half a tennis ball.

They are a fairly common after effect of having had abdominal surgery.
They do not want to do a repair until 5 years cancer free.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I guess I'm a bit odd, always try to drive like my dad taught me, defensively and courteously.

What I don't understand is people who are incapable of executing a proper left turn. They insist on crossing over the opposite lane at the end of the turn.

Shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

That, and most can't figure out the arcs and curves in their heads and where their car should be.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I always wonder why people that can't park them buy big trucks.

I wonder when the trend started where everyone has to back into a parking space.

or they could be like the asshats in my office with shiny new XXL pick-ups who pull thru spaces and leave half their 8ft bed in the spot behind them. Get 6 or 7 of them and they've rendered 1/3 of the parking lot unusable. They always leave their towing mirrors out too so I can't park my larger SUV next to them either, I just get to park a half mile away.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
or they could be like the asshats in my office with shiny new XXL pick-ups who pull thru spaces and leave half their 8ft bed in the spot behind them. Get 6 or 7 of them and they've rendered 1/3 of the parking lot unusable. They always leave their towing mirrors out too so I can't park my larger SUV next to them either, I just get to park a half mile away.

Time to leave a note! :dance:

mitzi

Wow. Our lives are connected in some way. Son who works nights at Giant thinks he has a hernia. He found out that he doesn’t qualify for MD Connection Obama Care anymore, and has to be with the grocery worker union for 18 months before he qualifies for their health care. He is making 25,000/year and has been on the job for 90 days. That is how screwed up our health system/insurance is so, I got him an abdomen brace, and he says it helps. How serious is it if he has to wait for treatment? Thanks.

Giant had the same policy in 2007 when I worked for them. Long before Obama Care. Were you bashing Obama Care aka Medicaid when your son qualified for it?

Toxick

Splat
...folks who drive a mid - small size vehicle will swing wide on turns like they are operating a manure spreader?

I couldn't care less about that.

What makes me wonder about someone's sanity and/or intelligence is when some numb-brained moron will sidle up beside you in your blind spot and just hang there.

This behavior is especially prevalent in Calvert County, and make me want to throw a hammer out my window at the other driver.

stgislander

PREMO Member

What makes me wonder about someone's sanity and/or intelligence is when some numb-brained moron will sidle up beside you in your blind spot and just hang there.

This behavior is especially prevalent in Calvert County, and make me want to throw a hammer out my window at the other driver.

:yay:

awpitt

Main Streeter

Why doesn't he qualify for MD Connection? Just seems odd.

glhs837

Power with Control
I guess I'm a bit odd, always try to drive like my dad taught me, defensively and courteously.

See, mines close to that, but moddeled on the USMC rules for gunfighting drive defensively, courteously, but have a plan to put anyone you meet into the wall/ditch....... :) (Motorcycle ROE a bit different)

glhs837

Power with Control

Oh hell yes. Dont camp there, bozo.

PeoplesElbow

I drive a sedan and so I frequently back into my parking space or choose a pull through because it has become increasingly difficult to simply back out of a parking space in any parking lot these days. I can't see around the minivans or big trucks most people drive and so while I back out slowly & cautiously that seems to be less & less acceptable to other drivers racing down the aisles, swerving around me honking and being all around jerks. :-/

^That

One thing I noticed when I moved here, If I am backing out of a spot and a car suddenly turns into the isle that I am backing out into, they expect me to stop for them, some even have expected me to go back into the spot so they can get around me. My second or third day in Maryland I had someone zip into the isle ( I was parked at the last space) honk as they were turning into the isle and swerve around me.

PeoplesElbow

The UFCW is absolutely useless, until there is a strike. I was a member then and I actually made more money on strike than I did while working.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm talking real GTFO stuff. Someone chasing you, shooter in the parking lot, whatever. When seconds count, backing vs straight out is a huge difference. Rare, yep, but chance favors the prepared mind. :)

You are right. I need to reaccess my Pollyannaish view of the world. I have never backed into a parking space. I should practice before, actually, trying it in a parking lot. People would appreciate it; especially, where I live (Montgomery) and everything is so crammed. The parking spaces around here are made for Barbie cars!

I went shopping today, and it is funny how I noticed parking jobs; after reading this thread. :lol:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Giant had the same policy in 2007 when I worked for them. Long before Obama Care. Were you bashing Obama Care aka Medicaid when your son qualified for it?

I have, always, bashed Obamacare because of the way it was passed, and was/is such an ‘obamanation’. Son never really used his Medicaid when he had it; now he needs medical care. It is all just so frustrating. Hub and I are struggling with healthcare, also, because of his retirement. Thanks for your reply, Mitzi. :smile:

And, thanks, y’all, for not calling me out on hijacking this thread. :smile:

Last edited: