Do you have a passport?

Do you have a passport

• No

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 68.2%
  • Its a government plot to track you

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have to have one due to work related travel.

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
Work at PAX and work in Dubai. Happen to be Hispanic too! :razz:

my wife and her side of the family are Hispanic.
Hmmm, my mother in law could be the reason I want to see them all deported..
hard to deport a Puerto Rican, but there is always hope.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
my wife and her side of the family are Hispanic.
Hmmm, my mother in law could be the reason I want to see them all deported..
hard to deport a Puerto Rican, but there is always hope.

Yeah well I just happen to be Puerto Rican too so you can just go #### yourself too.

bcp

In My Opinion
okay so they were willing to take their chances on getting high interest out if illegals on a credit card that they controlled the limit on .... ain't the same as giving someone a $280k mortgage ... next ....

They got the mortgages. do some damn research.

why are you so intent on saving the illegal bastards anyway?

bcp

In My Opinion
You know, when I eventually meet bcp I'm going to hug his wife and thank her for being such a strong woman, then I'm going to smack bcp for all the crap he stirred up LOL

so basically its going to be the exact same as the first time Vrai met her?

Roman

I got my "resident alien card" at the American Embassy in Frankfurt, Germany many years ago. I was told that I could never vote or go on welfare in America and had to swear to that.
I'm still a German citizen and working my azz off and pay taxes just like you all do.
......don't you all clobber me now because I'm German!!!
I promise, as long as you don't jump on me for being part Latino!!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I promise, as long as you don't jump on me for being part Latino!!

I THINK I understand bcp's annoyance with illegal people getting benefits for being here. If they do, they shouldn't. I also believe there are probably many illegals here that never get ANYTHING from the system in tax dollars. They work for low wages, and they do without medical/dental care for the most part.

I am sure that if the government was better able to determine who REALLY needed help, as opposed to who is just scamming the system, we'd have a much lighter tax burden due to only providing for those truly "in need".

So bcp, I understand where you are coming from, but do NOT, and I mean do NOT lump every Hispanic person you meet that doesn't speak English to your level of accomplishment, into a group that means illegal.

If I were at a hospital in another Country and had a choice to speak in their language which I was not proficient at, or my own language which I am proficient at, I'd choose the latter for sure. Language is such a long-term learned experience that I have sympathy for those learning another language.

Just think about how many DIFFERENT words we use to say the same thing. AND better yet, how many ways one can express the same content. I.E. from personal experience) a car engine here we tend to say "engine" but the translation that may work better is to say "motor" depending on the language being translated to.

Try having someone who speaks a different language be opposite you with a translator (like Google Translate) and the translated words make no sense to the other party many times. Just depends on what words are used, and how they translate into the other language. Been there, done that.

bcp

In My Opinion
Well thanks but I am lucky because she is great. Its her Daughter whom I worry about. Black/Irish. There's a twist for ya!

All jokes aside, if she wasn't a great person you would not have married her in the first place.

BOP

Yeah well I just happen to be Puerto Rican too so you can just go #### yourself too.

How do you pick a 'Rican out of a crowd of Hispanics? Say something ambiguous that might vaguely be construed as negative toward hispanics - the 'Rican would be the hypersensitive one.