Does anyone know what's going on around the Lexington Park Post Office?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Nick was not nice. Nice people don't kill.

I feel horrible for the true victim and his family.

meangirl

Nice lady!
BuddyLee said:
Sure, if you want to get that technical. I was speaking more generally though.:smile:

Sorry. :blushing:

Anyway, Nickel is exactly right. Some people think premeditation means you "planned it out" way ahead of time. Just pointing out that it's not so.

BuddyLee

Football addict
meangirl said:
Sorry. :blushing:

Anyway, Nickel is exactly right. Some people think premeditation means you "planned it out" way ahead of time. Just pointing out that it's not so.
You learn something everyday, thanks. That's funny how the definition gets sliced and diced so that it can be broken down to a matter of minutes. Fascinating all of this.

sockgirl77

I just drove by International. People are putting flowers in front of the door. Store is closed. I sent flowers to Gus's fiance.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
You learn something everyday, thanks. That's funny how the definition gets sliced and diced so that it can be broken down to a matter of minutes. Fascinating all of this.
BuddyLee,

Time I don't think makes the difference in this case.

As posted Maryland Code for murder in the 1st degree it says,
(a) In general.- A murder is in the first degree if it is:
(1) a deliberate, premeditated, and willful killing;
(2) committed by lying in wait;
(3) committed by poison; or
(4) committed in the perpetration of or an attempt to perpetrate:
(vii) mayhem;

In other words, once the attacker had hit the victim with the golf club and impeded the victim’s ability to fight the attacker off, the ensuing knife attack (or whatever devise used to finally kill the victim) and resulting death from that continued attack elevated the crime to the highest degree.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ken King said:
BuddyLee,

Time I don't think makes the difference in this case.

As posted Maryland Code for murder in the 1st degree it says,

In other words, once the attacker had hit the victim with the golf club and impeded the victim’s ability to fight the attacker off, the ensuing knife attack (or whatever devise used to finally kill the victim) and resulting death from that continued attack elevated the crime to the highest degree.
So in this case, the golf club attack was merely battery until he broke out the blade and did the deed. Premeditation was the moment in between.

Thanks Ken.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
So in this case, the golf club attack was merely battery until he broke out the blade and did the deed. Premeditation was the moment in between.

Thanks Ken.
I believe that by switching weapons he absolutely showed premeditation, but the use of the club to first injure the victim, in my mind, jumped him right to the mayhem provision of the code and it could stand as a 1st degree murder alone even if had he simply continued beating the victim with the club and never used another weapon.

Ken King said:
I believe that by switching weapons he absolutely showed premeditation, but the use of the club to first injure the victim, in my mind, jumped him right to the mayhem provision of the code and it could stand as a 1st degree murder alone even if had he simply continued beating the victim with the club and never used another weapon.
They may have used the fact that he had a knife on him as premeditation. The probably figure it wouldn't hurt to make it murder one to start with.

just.me

sockgirl77 said:
Yes. You are correct. He did make the choice. I was just saying that it was a shame. Like I said, it's just a sad, sad day.

Tragedy for all involved. Sad, sad, sad.

sugarmama

BadGirl said:

I think that sometimes good people can do bad things. I am, in no way, defending him or what he did... it is obviously a HORRIBLE thing.
BUT, he was once a good person.

Nanny Pam

TeacherMom said:
My daughter and her friend want to go to the movies, but the area from the fire dept, the post office and surrounding roads are all closed and taped off. My dd said she didn't know that we had so many police in St.Mary's County. LOL

I have no idea. :shrug:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
BadGirl said:

I agree 100%. I don't care how nice he 'seemed' or 'used to be'. He committed murder, and I have no sympathy for him or the 'long life ahead of him that he wasted'. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sockgirl77 said:
I am close with the family so I'm asking all of you in here to please respect all of those who are dealing with this tragedy.
You have GOT to be kidding me!! Your buddy murdered a man in cold blood and you think we should show respect for him??????

You are a true lunatic.

willie

vraiblonde said:
You have GOT to be kidding me!! Your buddy murdered a man in cold blood and you think we should show respect for him??????

You are a true lunatic.
Now that is the proper use of an Ann Coulter type attack.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
willie said:
Now that is the proper use of an Ann Coulter type attack.
Hey, somebody's got to snap the delusional around and make them face the truth. If that's considered an "attack", so be it.

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
Hey, somebody's got to snap the delusional around and make them face the truth. If that's considered an "attack", so be it.

But, do you think that maybe there could be some deep hatred in this 22-year-old kid that could have dated back to when he was 8-9 and his mother 1st started dating this man? What if he was a victim of sexual abuse? Remember, sex offenders are some of the nicest people around; you’d never have a clue.

Physical abuse towards him mother?

Maybe, this 22-year-old kid is a drug user?

I’m not saying that is what happened, but right now the facts are not out and once they are, there could be a great deal of gray matter in between.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pandora said:
But, do you think that maybe there could be some deep hatred in this 22-year-old kid that could have dated back to when he was 8-9 and his mother 1st started dating this man? What if he was a victim of sexual abuse? Remember, sex offenders are some of the nicest people around; you’d never have a clue.

Physical abuse towards him mother?

Maybe, this 22-year-old kid is a drug user?
My money's on the drugs. It would surprise me a great deal if Gus were abusive, but I suppose you never know.

Why would a "nice guy" like this just decide to whack his mother's fiancee like that? In the VFD, of all places.

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
My money's on the drugs. It would surprise me a great deal if Gus were abusive, but I suppose you never know.

Why would a "nice guy" like this just decide to whack his mother's fiancee like that? In the VFD, of all places.

That is what has me :confused:, there has to be "something" else there.

The Judiciary Case Search shows the 22-year old hasn’t had any dealings with law enforcement in the past.

It will be interesting to see this pan out.