Does Anyone Know.....

dn0121

I sent you some green because of everyone who sent me red, you are the only one with the balls to sign it :huggy:

And to the person who gave the red with "you're retarde". It was worth it to get it to see the irony in your comment.

LOL got the same one too. It's funny how offering of work has this re-action. (Not from the original poster.) No wonder there are so many Mexican restaurant popping up around here.

But back to the topic at hand. Good to see a lot of giving going on. Tis the season for it, but don't forget the other 11 months of the year either. If you can afford it and your work offers it United Way directly out of your paycheck is a great thing. Plus you can choose what organization United Way will support with your funds, if you would like your money to goto a certain charity.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
LOL got the same one too. It's funny how offering of work has this re-action. (Not from the original poster.) No wonder there are so many Mexican restaurant popping up around here.

But back to the topic at hand. Good to see a lot of giving going on. Tis the season for it, but don't forget the other 11 months of the year either. If you can afford it and your work offers it United Way directly out of your paycheck is a great thing. Plus you can choose what organization United Way will support with your funds, if you would like your money to goto a certain charity.

What percentage of the United Way funds actually go to the organizations and what percentage goes to the paid employees, etc. of United Way? I always have issues with that kind of stuff. I'd rather give directly to someone in need.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I sent you some green because of everyone who sent me red, you are the only one with the balls to sign it :huggy:

And to the person who gave the red with "you're retarde". It was worth it to get it to see the irony in your comment.

FYI: "retarde" spelled that way in French means "late" as in "en retarde" so if you got it like five or sick times you are way behind schedule!

dn0121

What percentage of the United Way funds actually go to the organizations and what percentage goes to the paid employees, etc. of United Way? I always have issues with that kind of stuff. I'd rather give directly to someone in need.

I had the same question at this years kickoff and I had to go on what they tell me. I have it here some where I will find it and add it to my post.

Well Im still looking because it wasn't where I thought it was.

Oh forgot to mention that volunteering is just as if not more important then donating money. Big Brothers and Big Sisters are always needed.

Last edited:

SShewbert

What love is all about
This may be off topic but seeing as how many people on here have said that they could use help cleaning and all here goes. If anyone needs help in cleaning and all that my husband and I would be willing to help for a little money. We could also really use it. I have wrote people on here about hanging lights for them and they never responded so I guess they got someone else. But if anyone needs help just pm me and I will get back to you. I need to go finish lunch.

Giddy up!

sorry about the red...but your post hit a nerve...I owe you some green...

Im so proud of you all..You know its Xmas when we can forgive..Lots of green to you and boo! :huggy: Now im gonna go cry!! Seems like everyone around me is facing a death or a illness or some stress..leaves one feeling very helpless.

R

Roxy1104

ask ker to please come back and give us some more info. I would love to be a secret santa

Sorry it took me so long to get back. My boss has had me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Tony is 5-1/2 years old. Besides the Thomas Train Set he said he wanted (which was so ironic that Giddy Up offered that when I never mentioned it -- it was like a gift from an angel), he said he wanted a big dinosaur (like 2' tall). He likes Buzz and Woody, Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, he loves music, he's loves to paint and draw, he wants a new bike (and no one here better dare buy him one), he can put together 60 piece puzzles. I don't know how to be specific. Time for me to scootch and pick up my little munchkin. Thank you to all who wish to help, and God Bless.

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
Sorry it took me so long to get back. My boss has had me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Tony is 5-1/2 years old. Besides the Thomas Train Set he said he wanted (which was so ironic that Giddy Up offered that when I never mentioned it -- it was like a gift from an angel), he said he wanted a big dinosaur (like 2' tall). He likes Buzz and Woody, Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, he loves music, he's loves to paint and draw, he wants a new bike (and no one here better dare buy him one), he can put together 60 piece puzzles. I don't know how to be specific. Time for me to scootch and pick up my little munchkin. Thank you to all who wish to help, and God Bless.

How do we get the stuff to you?

quartermom

Low & Slow
My Christmas spirit has really been in the dump this week since my dog has been missing. But I would love to get this little boy something for Christmas. So many people have done some wonderful things for me this week so I would love to spread the Christmas spirit on to someone else. Please let me know where I can take a gift to.

somdprincess

My Christmas spirit has really been in the dump this week since my dog has been missing. But I would love to get this little boy something for Christmas. So many people have done some wonderful things for me this week so I would love to spread the Christmas spirit on to someone else. Please let me know where I can take a gift to.

where and when did you lose your dog?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
How do we get the stuff to you?

:yeahthat: I work in Leonardtown so if I could meet you before you go to work (I get to work at 7:00), you could pick it up or if you have a safe place for me to drop it off, I could do that. Do you know how to PM?

somdprincess

:yeahthat: I work in Leonardtown so if I could meet you before you go to work (I get to work at 7:00), you could pick it up or if you have a safe place for me to drop it off, I could do that. Do you know how to PM?

I would be glad to meet at a safe place too. Or if you prefer I can mail it but this close to the holidays it may be chancy. I sent you several PMS check them and get back to me.

beamher

:yeahthat: that's one reason i stopped years ago making contribution to CFC (Combined Federal Campaign); i like to see that my funds are making it to someone. i do the angel trees and "adopt a family" my oldest kid suggested a family this year-so that's what we'll be doing this weekend

somdprincess

:yeahthat: that's one reason i stopped years ago making contribution to CFC (Combined Federal Campaign); i like to see that my funds are making it to someone. i do the angel trees and "adopt a family" my oldest kid suggested a family this year-so that's what we'll be doing this weekend

Me too. I would rather know who the efforts are going to.

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Okay, who is leadin this effort. I will buy Tony a gift, who do I take it to and where, when. Let me know, in either pm or on here.

Merry Christmas!

HappyCats

Merry Christmas to you too!

Ok for all of those who feel the need to continue sending red despite me explaining I am just in general irritated and it unfortantely came out directed at her. Its definitely been a hard year for me find the christmas spirit. I apologize for that! I'll work on it!

What do you want for Christmas? :flowers: