does Lollar really have a chance?

Mr.Steed

Provide PROOF old man and not just innuendos and slanderous statements from what you might have heard or not. Provide copies of police reports, threads, links to newspapers where someone has charged him with tearing his own signs down...

Well son, may I return the question. Where's your or Lollar's proof that Hoyer people are taking or tearing down signs? Do you have proof that Lollar did not arrange these acts? Lollar has a nasty and unseemly character flaw, which is, he likes to appear as a person who is being persecuted, whether physically or verbally. He has used this strategy now many times and it makes him look like a crying, lying wimp. "Crying wolf" could not be more fitting!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lollar has a nasty and unseemly character flaw, which is, he likes to appear as a person who is being persecuted, whether physically or verbally. !

You know this because you were once a close personal friend and known him for a long time, right?

:sarcasm:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Contrary to what you idiots believe, there are millions who support health care reform, civil rights for all Americans, stronger environmental laws, keeping a Fed. minimum wage and social security, more help for those who want to go to college, and stronger regulations governing Wall Street and all the corrupt CEOs who outsource their work overseas (and especially those who use loop holes to not pay taxes).

Millions does not make a majority..

What exactly about health care needs to be reformed, and what does our current reform do, exactly??

All Americans have Civil Rights. Unless you think Convicted Felons should be allowed to vote.

How much cleaner do you want the environment, and how much of YOUR money are you willing pay to make it cleaner.

Fed should have NOTHING to do with the minimum wage. If you're trying to raise a family of 5 on a minimum wage job you've probably made some lousy life choices.. You want to make more money? Find a job that pays more.

Wall Street I get. Dems need an enemy to rally their troops to.. First it was the Insurance companies, then it was the banks.. now it's Wall Street.. It's so unfair that people that work hard make a lot of money and people sitting on their ass watching Oprah don't. BUT they'll do whatever it takes to get you to rally around their made up problems to get your votes..

If you're smart enough to go to college, there's a way to do it. There are already enough programs out there to ensure >30% of those in college shouldn't be there in the first place. Besides, college isn't the end all be all to success or to how much money you make, hard work is.

Last edited:

Woodyspda

All I know Mr. Steed is that Mr. Hoyer needs to be ousted as Pelosi's butt boy.

Congress is out of control and has been for a long time... coincidentally about as long as Steny has been in office.

Does Lollar lie when he states that Congress holds the purse strings? NO

That's enough for me to vote for him.

Son.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well son, may I return the question. Where's your or Lollar's proof that Hoyer people are taking or tearing down signs? !

LMAO. There is an echo in left wing playbook.

Axelrod: Well do you have any proof that the Republicans aren't accepting illegal foreign donations?

Mr. Steed: Do you have any proof that Lollar didn't tear down his own signs?

Priceless.

R

retiredweaxman

Well son, may I return the question. Where's your or Lollar's proof that Hoyer people are taking or tearing down signs? Do you have proof that Lollar did not arrange these acts? Lollar has a nasty and unseemly character flaw, which is, he likes to appear as a person who is being persecuted, whether physically or verbally. He has used this strategy now many times and it makes him look like a crying, lying wimp. "Crying wolf" could not be more fitting!

Check back through the threads and you will find that I never stated Hoyer was taking down Lollar's signs. Unlike you, I am not going to throw out accusations without any type of proof.

So, the ball is back in your court...show me where the links are that substantiate your claims!!!

Mr.Steed

You have seen the final tallies? Three of the top five sources of campaign funds were unions (supporting Democrats of course) and the grand total for the Dems was something like 167 million more than the Repubs..

That was not the smartest red herring the Dems have ever thrown out there. Kinda backfired on the facts.

Please cite your statement from an independent source, if that is possible. Considering we don't even know yet (or maybe never will know) about Republican funding sources, the tallies are incomplete. I would rather see American union money than foreign funding any time.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Contrary to what you idiots believe, there are millions who support health care reform, civil rights for all Americans, stronger environmental laws, keeping a Fed. minimum wage and social security, more help for those who want to go to college, and stronger regulations governing Wall Street and all the corrupt CEOs who outsource their work overseas (and especially those who use loop holes to not pay taxes).

That's true, but very few Americans wanted a total take over of the health care system by the federal government that included adding over 100 committees and agencies. If it's such a great deal, why is it necessary to add 2000 IRS agents to ensure compliance?
Why do you think jobs go overseas?
Every business has one function and that's to make a profit for it's owners. When Stenny and his union buddies make it impossible to make a profit we get a government seizure of private property. (think GM and Chrysler)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Check back through the threads and you will find that I never stated Hoyer was taking down Lollar's signs. Unlike you, I am not going to throw out accusations without any type of proof.

So, the ball is back in your court...show me where the links are that substantiate your claims!!!

Actually I said Pro-Hoyer people (not Hoyer himself -that would require an effort on his behalf) are removing the signs, and it's MHO and I'll stick with it.
Investigation Launched into Theft, Destruction of Candidate Signs - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News
http://forums.somd.com/politics/216520-investigation-launched-into-theft-destruction.html
http://forums.somd.com/news-current-events/216528-letter-lollar-campaign.html

And this gets the nutjob whacko :crazy: Mr. Steed's panty's in a bunch, and that just enforces my opinion. :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Are you ignoring me and the facts I present?
:lmao:
Please cite your statement from an independent source, if that is possible. Considering we don't even know yet (or maybe never will know) about Republican funding sources, the tallies are incomplete. I would rather see American union money than foreign funding any time.

Looking at this one you see Lollar received contributions from such groups as the US Navy and Iraq Vets for Congress while Hoyer received over $14K from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL), a UK private company limited
Congressional Elections: Maryland District 05 Race: 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets
Seems your boy Hoyer is the one taking foreign money.

Mr.Steed

You know this because you were once a close personal friend and known him for a long time, right?

:sarcasm:

You must be out of the loop, I'm surprised Gilligan. Don't you read the news? "Steny Hoyer said he is coming after me", "Steny Hoyer knuckled punched me in the back, not once but twice", "I sent my voters registration card in just after I moved here (Oct., 2005), I don't know why it is dated June 6, 2006...", and now "those mean Steny Hoyer people are taking my signs".

R

retiredweaxman

Are you ignoring me and the facts I present?
:lmao:

Seems your boy Hoyer is the one taking foreign money.

The more I read of Steed, the more I think he might be JP Cusick's long lost relative!!! just read the rhetoric and tell me it is not eerily close to the drivel JPC spouted (until he went into hiding after the primaries).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

It was in the Wall Street Journal and several other places. You don't have google?..or just don't know how to use it?

The totals were as of a week or so ago..but that's close enough. And you do realize..no you probably don't, so here's a newsflash: Axelrod's accusation was not about the total Republic cash you ninny. Even Axlerod is not so stupid as to go there. His accusation, or more correctly, it was only his baseless insinuation, was what part of that total was 'from foreign sources'. Both the Dem and Republican totals are public information.

And the Dems outraised and outspent the Republicans by some 167 million as of a week or so ago..and their union backers provided the largest chunks of that money. It was Dems 800-something million and Reps 600-something million. You'll find it as soon as ya look; some pundits enjoyed the 'egg on face' nature of that revelation. Others..not so much.:razz:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You must be out of the loop, I'm surprised Gilligan. Don't you read the news? "Steny Hoyer said he is coming after me", "Steny Hoyer knuckled punched me in the back, not once but twice", "I sent my voters registration card in just after I moved here (Oct., 2005), I don't know why it is dated June 6, 2006...", and now "those mean Steny Hoyer people are taking my signs".

That's it? That's all ya got?? I mean wow..I've seen people make leaps before, but man, you could clear the Grand Canyon with that one, even at your advanced age.:yay:

Last edited:

Mr.Steed

Millions does not make a majority..

What exactly about health care needs to be reformed, and what does our current reform do, exactly??

All Americans have Civil Rights. Unless you think Convicted Felons should be allowed to vote.

How much cleaner do you want the environment, and how much of YOUR money are you willing pay to make it cleaner.

Fed should have NOTHING to do with the minimum wage. If you're trying to raise a family of 5 on a minimum wage job you've probably made some lousy life choices.. You want to make more money? Find a job that pays more.

Wall Street I get. Dems need an enemy to rally their troops to.. First it was the Insurance companies, then it was the banks.. now it's Wall Street.. It's so unfair that people that work hard make a lot of money and people sitting on their ass watching Oprah don't. BUT they'll do whatever it takes to get you to rally around their made up problems to get your votes..

If you're smart enough to go to college, there's a way to do it. There are already enough programs out there to ensure >30% of those in college shouldn't be there in the first place. Besides, college isn't the end all be all to success or to how much money you make, hard work is.

I can't believe that you are so uneducated Bob about the issues, especially those you list. Do you really think that I am going to waste my time in replying with answers you should already know, and which have been discussed repeatedly. In a nutshell I will say, I am willing to pay more, if it means a saner, safer, healthier, cleaner, inclusive America because we are not there yet. Unlike Republicans, I don't mind helping others, Bob.

Mr.Steed

It was in the Wall Street Journal and several other places. You don't have google?..or just don't know how to use it?

The totals were as of a week or so ago..but that's close enough. And you do realize..no you probably don't, so here's a newsflash: Axelrod's accusation was not about the total Republic cash you ninny. Even Axlerod is not so stupid as to go there. His accusation, or more correctly, it was only his baseless insinuation, was what part of that total was 'from foreign sources'. Both the Dem and Republican totals are public information.

And the Dems outraised and outspent the Republicans by some 167 million as of a week or so ago..and their union backers provided the largest chunks of that money. It was Dems 800-something million and Reps 600-something million. You'll find it as soon as ya look; some pundits enjoyed the 'egg on face' nature of that revelation. Others..not so much.:razz:

WSJ and Fox news, hmmm, those are your sources? I stand by my statement Teatard!

Pete

Repete
I can't believe that you are so uneducated Bob about the issues, especially those you list. Do you really think that I am going to waste my time in replying with answers you should already know, and which have been discussed repeatedly. In a nutshell I will say, I am willing to pay more, if it means a saner, safer, healthier, cleaner, inclusive America because we are not there yet. Unlike Republicans, I don't mind helping others, Bob.

I am for helping others. :howdy: However I am not for providing them a livelihood that involves a lifetime entitlement, nor am I interested in financially funding other peoples poor decisions, nor am I interested in controlling their lives, nor am I interested in the federal government being entwined in every iota of my life, nor am I interested in a government that has become adversarial to those whom it is supposed to serve.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Unlike Republicans, I don't mind helping others, Bob.

Cool. So how many needy families have you personally sponsored? For how many years and how many thousands of dollars directly from your own pocket? Food..kids furniture..help with the rent..clothes..even the kids Christmas gifts. How many kids out there call you Santa because of that largess? A lot I'm sure. And yes..its a great feeling isn't it? It's just something us Republicans can't stop ourselves from doing.

Directly..with our own money..100% of it going right where its needed.:yay: