Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Lower it to 18

Votes: 51 61.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What...

Thats fine, as long as the information is stored for at least some sort of time period and not just shown as a real-time reflection of what the database says, JIC the system goes down and the real-time data cannot be accessed :yay:

...ever. These are details best left to the cyber wizards. The main point is that it is NO BIG deal to do this.

bcp

In My Opinion
...it does not.

There is no age rules at the commissary. And you don't always save money there anyway.
no age rule, but there are conditions to use it.

you can leave the law at 21 to drink, but, consider it a privilage to drink at 18 should certain conditions be met.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

you can leave the law at 21 to drink, but, consider it a privilage to drink at 18 should certain conditions be met.

Is there law saying I can't shop the NEX, or will I simply be denied service if I attempt to due to my credentials (or lack there-of)? :popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why...

...not implement this plan for ALL ages, 18 on up???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You...

explain?
I thought that drinking was a privilage that could be revoked from anyone at any age.

...said;

I'm saying use this new system we've created today to handle everyone.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Lowering the drinking age now would mean that Andi and Jonni could drink now. Leaving it where it is means they could drink next year. The obvious choice is to raise it so that Andi and Jonni can not drink.

bcp

In My Opinion
Lowering the drinking age now would mean that Andi and Jonni could drink now. Leaving it where it is means they could drink next year. The obvious choice is to raise it so that Andi and Jonni can not drink.
:killingme:yay:

ironintestines

Non-Premo
I'm kinda digging the idea of a consumption permit.
I think the permit shouldn't be an all or nothing permit. Some people are good on beer but the devil on whiskey.
Consumption Permit classifications just like drivers licenses??

A few bugs to work out, but the overall concept is attractive
Good job!! :yay:

ironintestines

Non-Premo
Oh yeah.. Lower it to 18
They're gonna drink no matter what the age requirement is anyhow & at least this way they can be honest w/ ya vs sneaking around like creatures of the night..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Amazing...

I'm kinda digging the idea of a consumption permit.
I think the permit shouldn't be an all or nothing permit. Some people are good on beer but the devil on whiskey.
Consumption Permit classifications just like drivers licenses??

...how we can talk ourselves out of every last scrap of freedom and responsibility if we really try, huh?

:buddies:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Now YOU explain.
To my understanding, anyone who is above the age of 21 can legally consume alcohol...:eyebrow:

A judge can order you not to consume alcohol. They generally suspend a sentence with the condition that if you drink you go to jail.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:pete:

A judge can order you not to consume alcohol. They generally suspend a sentence with the condition that if you drink you go to jail.

THis is for people arrested for DWI mostly, right? I know I've heard of the idea a judge can order you can have no BAC when driving, but I didn't realize they could apply it to general life :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I dont know about shielding them from themselves. If you let 18 year olds drink then thats just more people drinking and driving so it would be shielding them from us.

So you think we should RAISE the drinking age..to say 30?

And the college presidents came forward with this idea because 18 year olds are drinking ANYways. The problem is since it's illegal for them to drink in say a bar or restaurant the only time they drink is in their dorm rooms or at parties where they drink themselves into oblivion.

I don't think lowering the age is going to put more drunks on the road, they are already there. How many accidents did we have in St Mary's county last year with <21 year old drivers that were impaired? I know of at least one fatality caused by a drunk 19 year old driver,

Lower the age.

Now you really want to get your dander up? How abour RAISING the BAC level for DUI? What is it now? .08? how many fatal accidents are caused by someone driving at a .08? Base it on research, statistics, not some feel good mamby pamby "The MADD people said it was the right thing to do!!"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm kinda digging the idea of a conception permit.

I think the permit shouldn't be an all or nothing permit. Some people are good with one kid but the devil with two.

Conception Permit classifications just like drivers licenses??

:fixed: