• Violation of rights.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The most cost effective deterrent is to never reproduce. Nip it in the bud, abort all children before they have a chance to do drugs, not to mention it would completely eliminate the school budgetary problems. :yay:

Just a thought. :shrug:

YOU are a genius! :clap:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Zero...

, sarcasm in the post or not. Random testing of the kids and the teachers goes with it. If my car can be randomly hit with radar to test if I'm speeding with no probable cause, and my car can be stopped to test for my potential drinking with no probable cause, why can't my president, gov, legislator, judge, and cop all be tested, too?

There is no down side. I won't be stupid and closed minded enough to say you can't change my mind, but I can't see it now.

...sarcasm. Them ####ers have NO business proposing anyone get tested until after they get tested. They have zero business allowing anyone to be tested until they submit.

Then we'll see.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Godamn...

If that's the way you feel, then I'll have to agree with Larry. Start testing at the top, and work down. Just know that when they start doing this, your paycheck is gonna' get considerably smaller.

...right you'll agree with me because that is the WHOLE point. If drug testing should be done for bus drivers it should damn well be done for the freaking driver of the nation.

We may yet find a new found love of the constitution.

bcp

In My Opinion
they can test me for drugs any day of the week. I dont care.

they wont find anything.

beer residue however,, now thats a different story,

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
You were the pissboy in the Navy??
:killingme

Sorry, but that gave me a chuckle; as far as random testing in schools? If the kid's behavior indicates that he/she is impaired - send them in for a 'fit for duty' check. Same for teachers. (If they fail the drug test, they pay for it, although this approach would open a big can of ACLU worms)
Now I know that some will say that you can't always tell if someone is on drugs, but eventually drug use will manifest itself. Better to impress upon people the dangers of drug use through hard core education; for example drug addicts who have hit rock bottom sharing life experiences, trips to the morgue to experience a drug related death, impact discussions from victims, a 'training' day in jail. An astute parent/teacher/administrater/boss can recognize drug use. JMHO.

*I know of many 'urinalysis coordinators' who popped positive while I was in the USN*

beerlover

The problem I have with drug testing is that it can't determine if you are under the influence of drugs at the time the test is given like a breathalyzer can. Teachers and politicians (and probably everyone else) should certainly not be doing drugs while they are on the job, but I couldn't care less if they want to smoke a joint in their houses during off-work hours. Until we can develop a more accurate testing method, I see drug testing as a violation of privacy.

I also think pot should be taken completely out of the equation and legalized and taxed.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Why should our teachers be held to a higher ethical standard than the people who run this country, the people our people look up to?

I agree with Larry.

I think these politicians should have to submit to drug testing. If they want everyone else to do so, they should as well. No :bs: double standard.

Beerlover, I agree about marijuana. It was banned because it was harmful. All the studies that 'proved' it killed brain cells and had a long term impact were funded by or were government studies. They've all been disproven.

The Government will never admit marijuana is about the money. The way I see it, though, we're spending way too much of our $9+ trillion deficit trying to stop people from smoking an herb.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Bs...

Beerlover, I agree about marijuana. It was banned because it was harmful. All the studies that 'proved' it killed brain cells and had a long term impact were funded by or were government studies. They've all been disproven.

The Government will never admit marijuana is about the money. The way I see it, though, we're spending way too much of our $9+ trillion deficit trying to stop people from smoking an herb.

... :bs:

If 'harmful' was the standard then there are countless things, including alcohol, that are far more harmful, destructive and costly.

Illegal drugs are about two things; people who like telling others what to do and people who like the money that comes from illegality.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Drug testing in public... 01-30-2008 06:58 AM ok douche...obviously you no nothing about collertal duties as part of your normal job...did you serve? Or do you just complain about what is wrong on these message boards? Thurl

oh my feelings, they are so hurt...

yes i served.. 20 years.. and yes I under stand about pissboy duties.

Many extra duties, or collateral duties, were doled out to the troops according to each individuals abilities.. those that were fairly worthless were given duties like "Driver Trainer".. "Pissboy".. etc.. Those that were valuable assets were given duties like "Master Gunner" or "Master Blaster"..

You know, the extra fat, as it were, that you could afford to lose from your plattoon or company and have no bearing on your operational status, yeah, they got the 'important' jobs..

So you know I'm talking to you I'll preface all my messages with..

OOOH Pissboy! OOOOH Pissboy!!

T

toppick08

Drug testing in public... 01-30-2008 06:58 AM ok douche...obviously you no nothing about collertal duties as part of your normal job...did you serve? Or do you just complain about what is wrong on these message boards? Thurl

oh my feelings, they are so hurt...

yes i served.. 20 years.. and yes I under stand about pissboy duties.

Many extra duties, or collateral duties, were doled out to the troops according to each individuals abilities.. those that were fairly worthless were given duties like "Driver Trainer".. "Pissboy".. etc.. Those that were valuable assets were given duties like "Master Gunner" or "Master Blaster"..

You know, the extra fat, as it were, that you could afford to lose from your plattoon or company and have no bearing on your operational status, yeah, they got the 'important' jobs..

So you know I'm talking to you I'll preface all my messages with..

OOOH Pissboy! OOOOH Pissboy!!

:popcorn:

thurley42

HY;FR
This should be fun..

Nah, sorry to disappoint you but fighting on the internet is like medaling in the special olympics..

you get my respect for serving and that's where it ends.

you could have saved a lot of time and effort by just saying, no i really have no idea of how it works these days.

Your assetment of my service is laughable at best and hardly worthy of a response. Just the same if you ever want to compare service resumes in a private forum, i have no problem comparing my 8 years against your 20.

T

toppick08

Nah, sorry to disappoint you but fighting on the internet is like medaling in the special olympics..

you get my respect for serving and that's where it ends.

you could have saved a lot of time and effort by just saying, no i really have no idea of how it works these days.

Your assetment of my service is laughable at best and hardly worthy of a response. Just the same if you ever want to compare service resumes in a private forum, i have no problem comparing my 8 years against your 20.

Or like Ohio State going against the SEC..........:killingme