Economic Impact Payments

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm good for now. Also,Thing1 still has his monthly SSDI and monthly shared support from his dad, so things are okay overall. I'll need it if this keeps up for a few months. :lol: So far, no EIP for me and not a drop of unemployment moolah, either.

I'll be laid off a month this coming Friday. Except for when I had my kids and was a SAHM for awhile, this is the first time I've been unemployed for a while. First time ever for being laid off.
Enjoy it while you can.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The GMP site is indeed useless and our 17 year old does not qualify for the $500 per kid deal.
@kom526 and @SailorGirl

Does this apply to you guys? (Kom, there is a clause in there about 17 yr olds)

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
SecTreas is on the presser right now and the media is actually asking him REAL questions in re: the lastest round of spending for Covid. (Made in China)
POTUS is up now so let's see how it devolves on both sides

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:howdy:
My 2019 tax return has not been processed yet, so that is probably what is holding mine up at this point.
Mine should have been. I received my State refund weeks ago. Why wouldn't my Fed not also be processed?

Bann

PREMO Member
Mine should have been. I received my State refund weeks ago. Why wouldn't my Fed not also be processed?
Because ...Federal government?!

I'm not sure but I also received the MD state tax refund for Thing 1 - in the same amount of time that my tax owed was deducted. (1 business day!)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Because ...Federal government?!

I'm not sure but I also received the MD state tax refund for Thing 1 - in the same amount of time that my tax owed was deducted. (1 business day!)
D doesn’t have his either.

awpitt

Main Streeter
anyone else still waiting for a payment? website still says payment status not available

I have read or seen on several instances where it was mentioned that people with lower incomes are being processed first and then they’re working their way up from there. For those who, for whatever reason, do not have direct deposit info on file at the IRS and will be getting checks mailed to them, below is a schedule (unofficial) of when checks will be mailed out. I do not know if this has anything to do with when direct deposit payments will be made or not. My son got his on April 15th. He’s a part time worker and doesn’t make a whole lot. My wife and I do not have any info yet. Ours says “status unavailable”. My guess is that they are working through the income levels week by week to determine eligibility and then processing the payments. Keep in mind, the IRS is having to process all of these payments and they’ve only had since March 23rd to get this process in place. On top of that, they’re still processing this year’s regular round of tax returns.

When To Expect Your Paper Stimulus Check In The Mail: Full Schedule

The IRS plans to issue and mail about 5 million checks each week and will send them based on the taxpayer’s earnings.

• Earning $10,000 or less - April 24th
• Earning $20,000 or less - May 1st
• Earning $30,000 or less - May 8th
• Earning $40,000 or less - May 15th
• Earning $50,000 or less - May 22nd
• Earning $60,000 or less - May 29th
• Earning $70,000 or less - June 5th
• Earning $80,000 or less - June 12th
• Earning $90,000 or less - June 19th
• Earning $100,000 or less - June 26th

The schedule continues in the same rate - increasing to those earning $10,000 more each week. This continues until the final checks, to joint taxpayers who earn $200,000 or less, on September 4th.

awpitt

Main Streeter
that is very helpful, thank you!

Just an update. I checked the IRS site this morning and our status changed from "unknown" to "eligible". I was also able to enter our direct deposit info. So, just keep checking the Website every couple of day. It'll likely update your info soon.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just an update. I checked the IRS site this morning and our status changed from "unknown" to "eligible". I was also able to enter our direct deposit info. So, just keep checking the Website every couple of day. It'll likely update your info soon.
I just saw it reported on the snooze that the IRS just completed a major change to the back end of that app to fix the problem with so many people getting no info. I’ll be trying it again today, knowing that.

Update: No joy. Now it kicks me off saying the information I entered does not match their records. Even though none of that has changed in 30 years. LMAO.

Last edited:

terbear1225

was finally able to add my info yesterday as well.

Bann

PREMO Member
was finally able to add my info yesterday as well.
Mine still shows as Payment Status Not Available

:lol:

On the plus side - mine and Thing1's Federal tax refund has been processed, and "should be" deposited into our accounts on 4/27/20. So, that means that they EIP will get that information and they can send THAT, too. 🤔