Economic Impact Payments

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I received my $1200 stimulus on the 15th. My unemployment debit card is on its way from my mail forward and should be here in a few days. I got a notice Wednesday that MDUI added $345 for the previous week's benefit, which sounds about right. Today I received a notice that MDUI added $1200 - not sure for what. Two weeks of the additional $600?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I received my $1200 stimulus on the 15th. My unemployment debit card is on its way from my mail forward and should be here in a few days. I got a notice Wednesday that MDUI added $345 for the previous week's benefit, which sounds about right. Today I received a notice that MDUI added $1200 - not sure for what. Two weeks of the additional $600?
That's what I understand. The $600 is the FEDERAL CARES Act weekly amount to supplement the MDUI. Is $345 your weekly amount? You said you chose no taxes taken out, right?

Still waiting on mine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's what I understand. The $600 is the FEDERAL CARES Act weekly amount to supplement the MDUI. Is $345 your weekly amount? You said you chose no taxes taken out, right?

Still waiting on mine.

$345/week, no taxes taken out. It would have taken much longer to get my benefits if I had to fill out and return all their paperwork - I'll just save back the amount and pay them off when I do my 2020 taxes.

I just presumed that they'd lump the $600/week in with the regular payment, it didn't occur to me that they'd do it separately and two payments in one.

Bann

PREMO Member
$345/week, no taxes taken out. It would have taken much longer to get my benefits if I had to fill out and return all their paperwork - I'll just save back the amount and pay them off when I do my 2020 taxes.

I just presumed that they'd lump the $600/week in with the regular payment, it didn't occur to me that they'd do it separately and two payments in one.
In retrospect, I should have done that. :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Tell me about it! :lol: I replaced a washer AND dryer in March! :lol:

It's all good - that's why I planned ahead financially. :yay:
:banghead:
Okay, I FINALLY figured out what I was doing wrong. I had already filed my 2019 taxes. That is the information they use. I elected to have a paper check for my refund mailed to me because I thought it wasteful to spend $30 just to get it electronically. I had no immediate need for it. I was just going to order car parts. It wasn't like I was going to install them in February anyway.

I was able to enter my account number to change from paper check to direct deposit. Since this wasn't tied to any previous account information, I decided to have it deposited in my Navy Federal account and not Cedar Point with their damned dashes. My information was accepted and I should be seeing it, hopefully, this coming week.
:getdown:

Clem72

Our advertisers (how we make money) are almost exclusively small businesses. When they shut their doors, they can no longer pay us, which impacts our ability to pay for things like server space and various internet services and, you know, paychecks.

Did you think I just log on and get showered with money?

I mean, I get how advertising works. Perhaps I just don't understand how unemployment works. If the website is still up, and the ads are still posted, there must be some amount of revenue, even if it isn't as much as it was (or even enough to cover the bills). Can you apply for unemployment if you are "under employed in a self-business", I.E. you don't make even the minimum wage?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I mean, I get how advertising works. Perhaps I just don't understand how unemployment works. If the website is still up, and the ads are still posted, there must be some amount of revenue, even if it isn't as much as it was (or even enough to cover the bills). Can you apply for unemployment if you are "under employed in a self-business", I.E. you don't make even the minimum wage?

Are you really this ****ing stupid or are you just trying to play some gotcha game with me?

Clem72

Are you really this ****ing stupid or are you just trying to play some gotcha game with me?

Yes, I'm definitely this stupid. I have been a business owner myself (30 years ago in California), and at times I didn't make enough to cover my bills. But I didn't qualify for unemployment because I didn't pay myself a salary.

The way you made it sound, your income comes directly from advertising. So as far as I am aware, a business owner that subsists on "profits" from advertising revenue doesn't qualify for unemployment when they don't actually make any profits.

But apparently that isn't the case here? And you expect everyone to be aware of that or they are ****ing stupid? Get over yourself.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

musiclady

My husband and I received ours, but my adult son did not. Checking that irs website just says they cannot determine his eligibility. He didn't file in 2018 since he was still in college, but he did file in 2019 with his full time job. So I'm thinking that they took last year's tax return and haven't finished with this year's yet. So maybe he will get it later.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still haven't received mine. I went to the Get My Payment site and it is asking me for my banking information. IRS already has this information... Ideas?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I still haven't received mine. I went to the Get My Payment site and it is asking me for my banking information. IRS already has this information... Ideas?
We have not received ours and neither has my son, who uses our address. The Get My Payment site is useless...

Bann

PREMO Member
This might have already been answered I did not look ahead - enter your bank information because for some reason they don't have it between 2018 and 2019 tax returns

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This might have already been answered I did not look ahead - enter your bank information because for some reason they don't have it between 2018 and 2019 tax returns
Any idea why that is? It's been the same for the last12 years.

Bann

PREMO Member
Any idea why that is? It's been the same for the last12 years.

No - that's a new one. :ohwell:

I figured in my case, since I owed money last year (under $100, not a biggie) I paid via debit card rather than a credit card. I could have had the amount come out of my checking account automatically, but I didn't - so they didn't have my info for this year. ( Hindsight being 20/20 - I should have paid it automatically out of my checking account! :lol: Also, I just filed my 2019 taxes on Easter weekend. I changed jobs this year, and had more money taken out of my paychecks, so I got money back this year.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No - that's a new one. :ohwell:

I figured in my case, since I owed money last year (under $100, not a biggie) I paid via debit card rather than a credit card. I could have had the amount come out of my checking account automatically, but I didn't - so they didn't have my info for this year. ( Hindsight being 20/20 - I should have paid it automatically out of my checking account! :lol: Also, I just filed my 2019 taxes on Easter weekend. I changed jobs this year, and had more money taken out of my paychecks, so I got money back this year.
I tried and it kicked me out. I guess It'll get here whenever. I am fortunate that I really don't need it.

Bann

PREMO Member
I tried and it kicked me out. I guess It'll get here whenever. I am fortunate that I really don't need it.
I'm good for now. Also,Thing1 still has his monthly SSDI and monthly shared support from his dad, so things are okay overall. I'll need it if this keeps up for a few months. :lol: So far, no EIP for me and not a drop of unemployment moolah, either.

I'll be laid off a month this coming Friday. Except for when I had my kids and was a SAHM for awhile, this is the first time I've been unemployed for a while. First time ever for being laid off.