LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

1674585180757.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just came back from the store and got 18 pasture raised eggs for $9. I didn't check the price of the store brand eggs but they usually average $3 cheaper, so call it 1.5 dozen for $6. That, to me, isn't outrageous or out of the ordinary.

You know what they should do? They should make the price of junk food crazy expensive and use it to subsidize natural healthy foods like eggs, milk, meat, fresh veggies and fruit, etc. Of course then some scum sucking lobbyist would grease a few palms and get some corrupt Congresscrook to declare fruit roll-ups a "fruit" and "healthy", and other Congresscrooks would agree to support that if Congresscrook #1 will support their bill to do some shady thing another bullshit lobbyist wants, and so it goes.

That's why we can't have nice things.

SamSpade

I just came back from the store and got 18 pasture raised eggs for $9. I didn't check the price of the store brand eggs but they usually average $3 cheaper, so call it 1.5 dozen for $6. That, to me, isn't outrageous or out of the ordinary.
Still four bucks a dozen, for something that doubled in a year and doubled since the pandemic before that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Still four bucks a dozen, for something that doubled in a year and doubled since the pandemic before that.

My memory is $4/doz pre-pandemic. Maybe $3. I can't remember paying $2/doz, and it's been an easy 40 years since I've paid $1/doz.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

What does that mean, 6-point-36 cents for a doz eggs? Did he perhaps mean $6.36/doz?

I don't know where in FL that guy is but those prices are not even close to what's going on in my city. You can either believe the guy on the TV or me.

🤷‍♀️

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What does that mean, 6-point-36 cents for a doz eggs? Did he perhaps mean $6.36/doz?

I don't know where in FL that guy is but those prices are not even close to what's going on in my city. You can either believe the guy on the TV or me.

🤷‍♀️
No idea. Maybe he was referring to Miami. :sshrug:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

🤷‍♀️
I'll take the guy on TV, thanx.....

:duckandcover:

DaSDGuy

Just got back from the sto with the SO. The next time we need eggs I may need a second mortgage.

Well kiddos, looks like we are painting potatoes this Easter.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think eggs are more of a regional thing.

Zoning should be able to take care of air b&b bullshit. I sure wouldn't want to live beside one.
I'm completely surrounded by them now. Have not been a problem, for the most part. And the rental rates for them are sky high, so no riff raff renting them. I've met some of them...seem really nice.

mafia.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

SamSpade

Fresh Market has chicken legs .99/lb and split breasts $1.99/lb.
"Split breasts" should be cheaper. They're a cheap cut of meat. Lots of bone.
Most places here have boneless, skinless chicken breast for that same price.

ALDI of course, used to have it at HALF THAT price, pre-pandemic.

Lookups of historical prices of eggs show national prices for below 2 dollar a dozen.
But it IS different if you buy national BRANDS of eggs, like "Eggland's Best" which is always pricey, even at BJ's.

I'm a FIEND when it comes to eggs and meat for my family - always watching for bargains, even if I am stopping in
just for bread. I've seen ground beef at pricey Harris Teeter selling on sale for 1.99 a pound. So I buy ALL of them and store
in the big freezer. I used to buy extra turkeys during Thanksgiving season (because they typically sold for 39-59 cents a pound)
but experience showed, no one was eating them, and we were just having turkey on weekends to clear the freezer.

I will usually buy any meat under two dollars a pound, unless it's scrawny looking chicken legs (or wings) or chicken parts that
are usually cheap (whole chicken cut up, leg quarters or split breast).Some pork cuts, I can find cheap - cheaper pork loins, two fers on pork
or ham steaks for half price.

I did see bags of frozen wings - which although not meaty, tend to be slightly pricey - selling for under 2 a pound, but when I brought them home to make them, I noticed that most of them were SMALL. Not like the thick juicy wings I'm used to.

I also tend to look for "stuff my family likes, which is decent for the price" even if it's processed food. ALDI sells this box for making gyros that sells for about 10 dollars a box and it's enough for the family.