Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
There are also rules for that sort of thing and some can't be broken, else the contract can be in jeopardy because a losing performer can contest the contract.

Indeed, but we're not talking about things still being competed. The things I've dealt with were sole source stuff already awarded, just working platform integration stuff. So the rotorheads and I might swap torpedo assets if one of us has a software snag. Or the pointy nosed lawn darts might have a missile coming in that I could "borrow" and pay them back later when mine arrive. Always approved at the top levels of course.

PeoplesElbow

Indeed, but we're not talking about things still being competed. The things I've dealt with were sole source stuff already awarded, just working platform integration stuff. So the rotorheads and I might swap torpedo assets if one of us has a software snag. Or the pointy nosed lawn darts might have a missile coming in that I could "borrow" and pay them back later when mine arrive. Always approved at the top levels of course.
In this case you have a CEO directing AI resources to another company after he threatened to hold up AI for a pay package. He has already gotten in trouble with the SEC for way more mundane things.

glhs837

Power with Control
In this case you have a CEO directing AI resources to another company after he threatened to hold up AI for a pay package. He has already gotten in trouble with the SEC for way more mundane things.
Seems like a easy case if you can demonstrate that the place they are to be used simply wont be ready until after the expected payback will be delivered.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, batteries don't last past 100K, and suffer so much degradation that anything past that is a waste anyway....... Thats the story we always hear, isnt it?

Cars in question are about eight years old, one closer to 450K than 400K, and the other well over 300K. Both on original batteries and motors. Supercharged to 100% constantly. There isn't a ton of data on newer battery systems yet, but what we do have indicates that this is a more likely outcome for most folks than batteries the die in the first 150K.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
  • Some muscle cars, like the 1963 Plymouth Fury, have proved their durability by clocking over a million miles.
  • The 1963 Fury was a taxi driver's workhorse, achieving an impressive 1.6 million miles over its lifetime.
  • Despite being nearly the world record holder for mileage, the Fury was tragically totaled in an accident in 1999.

glhs837

Power with Control
  • Some muscle cars, like the 1963 Plymouth Fury, have proved their durability by clocking over a million miles.
  • The 1963 Fury was a taxi driver's workhorse, achieving an impressive 1.6 million miles over its lifetime.
  • Despite being nearly the world record holder for mileage, the Fury was tragically totaled in an accident in 1999.

Yep. A million is impressive for any vehicle. Will we see EVs get there? I'm sure we will but we might need a few more years. I'll note this but of the article.

Vaillancourt and his 1963 Plymouth Fury took 35 years to reach 1.6 million miles, with four engine rebuilds and a second gas tank installed for range.

PeoplesElbow

I mean doing it because of a trend would have been a stupid idea from the start. You should do it because you understand what you're getting into and it works for your lifestyle. But I mean 29% of EV owners not sticking around that means 70% are that ain't a bad conversion rate.
Id wager half of all cars are sold on impulse.

PeoplesElbow

Nobody, since Oregon piloted it maybe 10 years ago. So how do you fairly get EVs and hybrids to pay for road upkeep? Flat $200 every year fees are BS.
Separate meter for charging, in the 90s there was a big push in certain places for Compressed Natural Gas vehicles, one of the thing they were trying to sell was you can fill it up at home if your house is plumbed for NG. That line didn't last long once lawmakers heard it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For the loss made EVs? What other loss should they make up?

Yes loss in revenue from gas taxes ...

JFC finding Gallons consumed is fuc king impossible ........

so the average fuel consumption is $ 2200 [ I rounded up for ease ] using $ 3.25 per gal as a cost = 676 gallons per year consumed

looks like MD Gas Tax is .47 now, so that looks like $ 318 dollars a year in taxes ...

so to answer my own question that $ 200 EV fee does not make up for the loss of one Petrol Consuming Vehicle

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Separate meter for charging
What if they charge using their own source, like solar panels, like I plan on doing? Then you'd have to monitor it from the car side and have the car send that info to someplace. I wouldn't want more spying/monitoring.

And batteries can discharge over time with no use. If you hook up to charge it, you're paying for road miles with no mileage.

phreddyp

What if they charge using their own source, like solar panels, like I plan on doing? Then you'd have to monitor it from the car side and have the car send that info to someplace. I wouldn't want more spying/monitoring.

And batteries can discharge over time with no use. If you hook up to charge it, you're paying for road miles with no mileage.
Makes no difference, you can put a meter on solar, and gas does evaporate in your tank!