Electric Car News

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

and gas does evaporate in your tank!

How? It is a closed system with a one way vent, (via the gas tank cap), that only allows air to be sucked into the tank while the vehicle is running. I've had cars sit for months without being used with no gas loss at all.

PeoplesElbow

How? It is a closed system with a one way vent, (via the gas tank cap), that only allows air to be sucked into the tank while the vehicle is running. I've had cars sit for months without being used with no gas loss at all.
At a gas station you can smell gas, that is gas evaporating. Calvert pumps have those stupid accordion evaporative loss recovery devices on them.

phreddyp

Just about every car or truck that I've had has had a pressure relief vent tube at the tank. If this isn't true, then why when you open the gas cap it doesn't hiss. Even a small plastic gas can expands and contracts due to temp changes or shaking.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

At a gas station you can smell gas, that is gas evaporating. Calvert pumps have those stupid accordion evaporative loss recovery devices on them.

He was referring to gas in cars. Yes, filling stations tanks vent to atmosphere due to the large quantity of gas involved and as well as many pumps operating simultaneously.

Just about every car or truck that I've had has had a pressure relief vent tube at the tank. If this isn't true, then why when you open the gas cap it doesn't hiss. Even a small plastic gas can expands and contracts due to temp changes or shaking.

There are carbon/charcoal vapor canisters, (has been for decades), (part every car's emissions control), on every car and truck that filter hydrocarbons out of fumes vented during thermal expansion and/or refueling of tanks. Canisters are then purged when fresh air is drawn into the tank, (through the one-way valved gas cap), during thermal contraction, or while the engine is running. So, if any gas is lost while the vehicle is not in use, it is minuscule.

If one hears a hissing when removing their gas cap, then most likely their vapor canister is clogged and in need of replacement.

phreddyp

He was referring to gas in cars. Yes, filling stations tanks vent to atmosphere due to the large quantity of gas involved and as well as many pumps operating simultaneously.

There are carbon/charcoal vapor canisters, (has been for decades), (part every car's emissions control), on every car and truck that filter hydrocarbons out of fumes vented during thermal expansion and/or refueling of tanks. Canisters are then purged when fresh air is drawn into the tank, (through the one-way valved gas cap), during thermal contraction, or while the engine is running. So, if any gas is lost while the vehicle is not in use, it is minuscule.

If one hears a hissing when removing their gas cap, then most likely their vapor canister is clogged and in need of replacement.
Please google it and try again.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes loss in revenue from gas taxes ...

JFC finding Gallons consumed is fuc king impossible ........

so the average fuel consumption is $ 2200 [ I rounded up for ease ] using $ 3.25 per

gal as a cost = 676 gallons per year consumed

looks like MD Gas Tax is .47 now, so that looks like $ 318 dollars a year in taxes ...

so to answer my own question that $ 200 EV fee does not make up for the loss of one Petrol Consuming Vehicle

So I'm getting 13490 miles average for MD

Ends up about 650 gallons and the tex ends up being in the 320 dollar range.

20 mpg for MD, , rounding between the 24 for cars and the 18 for light trucks and SUVs.

Give me about 674 gallons used per average driver per year and the tex ends up being in the 320 dollar range.

Of course, Maryland being number four of fifty states on gas taxes doesnt help.

phreddyp

Just pick one damn topic and stick to it.
The topic was venting of vehicle fuel tanks, I said Google it. Then get back to me.

They do have vents in them, just like I stated and they work just like I stated.

Now google it just to put your mind at ease.

PeoplesElbow

I figured as much, just couldn't find costs of charging. Over the last 4 fillups I've averaged 46.4 mpg in my plain Jane hybrid SUV.

phreddyp

I figured as much, just couldn't find costs of charging. Over the last 4 fillups I've averaged 46.4 mpg in my plain Jane hybrid SUV.

Hybrids have always been the better choice for most people without lobotomies!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nearly Half of US EV Owners Regret Purchase

To listen to the Biden administration, the situation with electric vehicles is going swimmingly. People love them. Government subsidies make them more affordable. As a bonus, you get the pride and satisfaction of knowing that you're doing your part to rescue Mother Earth from carbon emissions or whatever. But according to a recent survey from McKinsey and Co. conducted this month, people remain unconvinced, particularly in the United States. They polled EV owners in nine countries and found that 46% of American owners of EVs want to switch back to gas-powered cars with internal combustion engines. There were lower levels of dissatisfaction in some other nations, but nearly half of American owners are experiencing regret. (Washington Times)

Nearly half of American owners of electric cars want to switch back to traditional cars powered by internal combustion engines, according to a consumer survey released by McKinsey and Co. earlier this month.
The consulting firm surveyed consumers in multiple countries: the U.S., China, Germany, Norway, Australia, France, Italy, Japan and Brazil. Between all of those countries, 29% of electric car owners want to return to driving internal combustion cars, with 46% of surveyed American electric car owners wanting to do so.
This surprised the consulting firm, cutting against received wisdom about people’s switch to electric.

The survey asked owners about the primary reason leading them to want to switch back. The responses were the same ones we've been hearing about ever since the EV mandates began rolling out. The largest percentage cited a lack of charging infrastructure. Nearly as many said that the vehicles are too expensive to purchase and maintain. Others said that planning long trips was too difficult or that they were unable to recharge their vehicles at home.

phreddyp

Nearly Half of US EV Owners Regret Purchase

To listen to the Biden administration, the situation with electric vehicles is going swimmingly. People love them. Government subsidies make them more affordable. As a bonus, you get the pride and satisfaction of knowing that you're doing your part to rescue Mother Earth from carbon emissions or whatever. But according to a recent survey from McKinsey and Co. conducted this month, people remain unconvinced, particularly in the United States. They polled EV owners in nine countries and found that 46% of American owners of EVs want to switch back to gas-powered cars with internal combustion engines. There were lower levels of dissatisfaction in some other nations, but nearly half of American owners are experiencing regret. (Washington Times)

The survey asked owners about the primary reason leading them to want to switch back. The responses were the same ones we've been hearing about ever since the EV mandates began rolling out. The largest percentage cited a lack of charging infrastructure. Nearly as many said that the vehicles are too expensive to purchase and maintain. Others said that planning long trips was too difficult or that they were unable to recharge their vehicles at home.
When the realization that you have been suckered into buying a piece of S**T finally hits you this is the result. You can bet most of the other 54% just don't wish to admit they were and are still fools.

glhs837

Power with Control
I thought there was a way to get in from the outside.

“They need to educate the first responders because they had no idea. They were as much in the dark as I was,” Sanchez said.

But they offer all the information, just like every other automaker. If your local department chooses to not learn, that's on them.

Now, about the "long and complicated" jump start.

Do this....

Which is "pop off tow eye cover, pull out red and black leads and connect a 12 volt jump box." That's Step One and should take anyone with a brain about 30 seconds. Now the frunk is open.

Step Two. About four steps. Should take about 2 minutes tops. Then another two minutes to get enough juice for things to work. Total about five minutes.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

PeoplesElbow

But they offer all the information, just like every other automaker. If your local department chooses to not learn, that's on them.

Now, about the "long and complicated" jump start.

Do this....

Which is "pop off tow eye cover, pull out red and black leads and connect a 12 volt jump box." That's Step One and should take anyone with a brain about 30 seconds. Now the frunk is open.

Step Two. About four steps. Should take about 2 minutes tops. Then another two minutes to get enough juice for things to work. Total about five minutes.
Is carrying a 12v supply to do this a normal thing for fire departments?