Electric Car News

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Seems the fanbase is satisfied with the concept of making things on the EV as complicated and conveluted as possible.

Whatever happened to the KISS philosophy?

A ####ing car door shouldn't be something one has to read a manual to operate. 🤣

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Easy solution to the problem.

Instead of learning some conveluted bull#### method of opening the ####ing door on each and every make, model and variant of EVs, every Fire Department already possesses a Hurst Tool.

Just cut the ####ing thing open like a spam can.

No fuss, no muss, just the owners cuss.

What do you want to bet, the makers miraculously find a simple, familiar, method of opening the door after that?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Why? What if every manufacture had a different trick, would that be ok? Why is it ok for Tesla to be different?
There are portable power stations that can plug directly into the charge port of an EV. Since the NACS plug is becoming standardized across all EVs, shouldn't be a real big issue. Just a few minutes of charge will get the door open.

OTOH, just a few minutes may not be quick enough in extreme cases. One of those window crackers would make short work of any available window.

PeoplesElbow

There are portable power stations that can plug directly into the charge port of an EV. Since the NACS plug is becoming standardized across all EVs, shouldn't be a real big issue. Just a few minutes of charge will get the door open.

OTOH, just a few minutes may not be quick enough in extreme cases. One of those window crackers would make short work of any available window.
I'm not just talking about electric, what if every car was different, would that be ok?

You know how much crap a fire truck has to carry and maintain as is?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
One of these will shatter any window. Small, light, works like a sheet metal punch. I'd be surprised if they don't already carry something similar.
619-ECJBvqL._AC_SX425_.jpg

DaSDGuy

Easy solution to the problem.

Instead of learning some conveluted bull#### method of opening the ####ing door on each and every make, model and variant of EVs, every Fire Department already possesses a Hurst Tool.

Just cut the ####ing thing open like a spam can.

No fuss, no muss, just the owners cuss.

What do you want to bet, the makers miraculously find a simple, familiar, method of opening the door after that?
Of course that will total the car, but that could be a good thing.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Dunno. Thought that was only the CyberTruck.
Maybe it was. I seem to remember that being the demo.

The search results I got was that they were going to offer it on all their models. So I'm guessing, it's not in place on all of them just yet.

glhs837

Power with Control
"Armor glass" is really just a slightly tougher version of the dual pane laminated glass found in I think 17 models currently for sale by virtually all makers. Window breakers will break them but not shatter them into. But once they are broken you can pull them out of the frame pretty easy.

phreddyp

"Armor glass" is really just a slightly tougher version of the dual pane laminated glass found in I think 17 models currently for sale by virtually all makers. Window breakers will break them but not shatter them into. But once they are broken you can pull them out of the frame pretty easy.
Every toddler should carry one.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Last edited: