Electric Car News

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Nearly half of American EV owners want to switch back to gas-powered vehicle, McKinsey data shows

Major share of US EV owners have buyer's remorse

A significant share of Americans who own an electric vehicle have buyer's remorse, according to new data.

McKinsey & Co.'s Mobility Consumer Pulse for 2024, released this month, found that 46% of EV owners in the U.S. said they were "very" likely to switch back to owning a gas-powered vehicle in their next purchase.

The high percentage of Americans who want to make a switch even surprised the consulting firm.

"I didn't expect that," the head of McKinsey's Center for Future Mobility, Philipp Kampshoff, told Automotive News. "I thought, 'Once an EV buyer, always an EV buyer.'"

They better save their pennies because the trade-in $$ is gonna suck.

Kinnakeet

:ohwell:

I've waited my whole life to be able to buy shiny things on a whim. Now I can, and I do.
Im they same way and my basement is showing the end product man when I retire and have a yard sale Ima be rich...lol
If only I could stop looking at Amazon,Cabelas,Bass pro shops,Advanced auto,Summit,Jegs and who knows what else somehow they all seem to know what I want and I cant control the urge to hit the send button...lol

phreddyp

Just goes to show the mentality of EV owners, this dude was a moron twice over. You got to laugh at this EV crap the stories just get better and better! One born every minute.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Market is saturated. Anyone that wanted one, got one. If they want sales to go up again, they have to instill much more confidence in the product, eliminate charging issues, resolve "dead 12v battery lockout" :biggrin: , and make the car as easy to buy, use and sell as an ICE. But it has to be done at it's own pace, not mandated and forced down our throats.

PeoplesElbow

Market is saturated. Anyone that wanted one, got one. If they want sales to go up again, they have to instill much more confidence in the product, eliminate charging issues, resolve "dead 12v battery lockout" :biggrin: , and make the car as easy to buy, use and sell as an ICE. But it has to be done at it's own pace, not mandated and forced down our throats.
Yep, said two years ago grab the gains on TSLA and run. Been saying that's how growth stocks work no matter what the industry, can't be too long on them.

PeoplesElbow

Woa

charging.jpg