Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
Once again what owners see and think do not count in his utopian little world.
It's not utopian into simply value things differently than you. I've only had one vehicle totalled in 45 years of driving, and that was my motorcycle. So value if totalled is a thing I dont worry about all that much. I choose vehicles based on the criteria I value. I'm not saying anyone else's weighting is wrong.

phreddyp

It's not utopian into simply value things differently than you. I've only had one vehicle totalled in 45 years of driving, and that was my motorcycle. So value if totalled is a thing I dont worry about all that much. I choose vehicles based on the criteria I value. I'm not saying anyone else's weighting is wrong.
Yada Yada yada.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Charger hogs’ are ruining the electric vehicle experience. One company is clamping down on bad manners

What’s wrong? EV fast chargers – the big tall units that look like major appliances – aren’t generally designed to completely fill an EV’s batteries. They are designed to pour electricity into a battery quickly so drivers can make a short stop and get back on the road after, say, 20 minutes or so. They’re different from the smaller and more common “slow” or “destination chargers,” in Tesla parlance, that are designed for drivers to park, plug in… and leave for hours.

Fast charging can be stressful for a car’s batteries, though. So, to protect batteries from damage, charging speeds slow way down once batteries get beyond 80% full. In fact, it can take as long, or even longer, to go from 80% charged to completely full than to reach 80%. Meanwhile, lines of electric vehicles wait behind almost-full cars.

I was waiting behind people with batteries that were 92%, 94% and even 97% full, as I could see on the charger screens. Still, they stayed there. I made my own situation worse by giving up on one location and going to another with more chargers, but there were even more EVs waiting there.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I guess that's the EV equiv of parking in front of a gas pump and going inside, leaving the pump blocked.

phreddyp

Well it's official, my next-door neighbor canned his Volkswagen EV, then bought a ICE Bronco, just finished talking to him says he took a 20k bath. Apparently the 3 weeks at the dealer was the final straw, not a happy camper.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well it's official, my next-door neighbor canned his Volkswagen EV, then bought a ICE Bronco, just finished talking to him says he took a 20k bath. Apparently the 3 weeks at the dealer was the final straw, not a happy camper.

See, the issue here isnt that its an EV, its that it's an EV with crappy software.

glhs837

Power with Control
More Word Salad. Is that you Kamala?

Words are easy to understand. The software in VW EVs is for crap and has been since the first ones. The ID3s in Europe sat unsold for months because VW didn't have workable software and each car produced needed technicians to revisit them in person in the storage lots to update them.

Its not the EV part of the car that's the problem, its that VWs software team writes shitty software.

DaSDGuy

Words are easy to understand. The software in VW EVs is for crap and has been since the first ones. The ID3s in Europe sat unsold for months because VW didn't have workable software and each car produced needed technicians to revisit them in person in the storage lots to update them.

Its not the EV part of the car that's the problem, its that VWs software team writes shitty software.

All autos sold now have software as part of the purchase package. If the software is crap the auto is crap. Stop making word salad excuses just because the crap vehicle is EV.

phreddyp

BULL**IT Its a crap car in a crap tech. Get used to it, any component in any product that is crap means the product is CRAP. Just ask any victim of Boeings failure, oh that's right they are dead because of it.

glhs837

Power with Control
All autos sold now have software as part of the purchase package. If the software is crap the auto is crap. Stop making word salad excuses just because the crap vehicle is EV.
BULL**IT Its a crap car in a crap tech. Get used to it, any component in any product that is crap means the product is CRAP. Just ask any victim of Boeings failure, oh that's right they are dead because of it.

Sorry you both fail to understand how machines work. If the bad part can be replaced with a better one and the problem is solved then the machine is okay.

Good thing you are not in charge of fielding things.

phreddyp

Sorry you both fail to understand how machines work. If the bad part can be replaced with a better one and the problem is solved then the machine is okay.

Good thing you are not in charge of fielding things.
Yeah, and you can be Kamala's press secretary!

phreddyp

So you can't defend your statements? That sounds more like Kamala.Like the man said you think that EVs don't have problems, but we prove you wrong at every turn.
Yada yada yada I love your commitment to a not ready for prime-time product, not to mention the word salad you use to prove a point that you cannot prove. Time and time again the negatives come to light, most likely more will come out tomorrow. Be prepared!

glhs837

Power with Control
Yada yada yada I love your commitment to a not ready for prime-time product, not to mention the word salad you use to prove a point that you cannot prove. Time and time again the negatives come to light, most likely more will come out tomorrow. Be prepared!

Word salad? Simple sentences too hard for you? The software is bad. The vehicle the software that came installed in good. Replace the software and the vehicle is okay.