Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
Interesting article on ICE, Hybrid and EV vehicle reliability. Of course, Consumer Reports is just an outlier and not reputable, right?

They are reputable, but you also need to parse what a "problem" is. If they define problems as owner reported to include stuff they didn't like or couldn't figure out, are those really reliability concerns?

DaSDGuy

They are reputable, but you also need to parse what a "problem" is. If they define problems as owner reported to include stuff they didn't like or couldn't figure out, are those really reliability concerns?
The info is there. Read it yourself.

phreddyp

I dont think so but opinions are like buttholes everyone has one
The reason I don't like Ford trucks, I have a friend that ran an excavation business had several Ford HD utility body trucks, he could not keep brakes and rotors on them, pads were tiny and wore out quickly and when I say quickly I mean ever 6 months or so.

I just didn't need that hassle.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well if they were reported by the owner they couldn't possibly be a REAL problem.
I'm not saying there are not real problems. Anything made by humans has problems. I just want to separate out actual malfunctions from "Jimbob couldn't figure out how to start a charging session" or "Kinnakeet was scared of a different way to use brakes". Until they tell me what percentage of the problems are user interface issues, I'll reserve judgment.

And there's a difference between different interface and crappy interface. As anyone who rents cars on the regular can tell you.

PeoplesElbow

FYI Hybrids rarely need brake pad and rotor replacements. Toyota was very careful to make them work exactly like a pure ICE but you press down on the brake the power starts going back into the battery and if it needs more braking power then the brakes begin to function normally. They blend things perfectly with the computer. In a Toyota hybrid a person could be completely ignorant that it was a hybrid and would have the exact same experience with the exception of not feeling gear changes.

PeoplesElbow

Fools and their money are easily parted, aka the idiot that paid $200k because they wanted one "now".

glhs837

Power with Control
Fools and their money are easily parted, aka the idiot that paid $200k because they wanted one "now".
YouTuber.... That's the whole story,

glhs837

Power with Control
Some are pretty good, most aren't.

I do like Doug Demuro.
I view Doug as a car guy who became a YouTuber. As opposed to a YouTuber who does car stuff cause that's where the clicks are.

I can read Doug, but I can't watch him. His voice and delivery rub me the wrong way ....

PeoplesElbow

I view Doug as a car guy who became a YouTuber. As opposed to a YouTuber who does car stuff cause that's where the clicks are.

I can read Doug, but I can't watch him. His voice and delivery rub me the wrong way ....
I can see that. Someone once described him as that guy at the urinal with his pants and underwear all the way down around his ankles, but I do enjoy most of his videos.

glhs837

Power with Control
You know my opinions on vehicles with high depreciation, would never touch one no matter who makes it or what kind of vehicle. I think these are as bad as buying a new German car as far as depreciation goes.

See. I generally keep them til death so resale doesn't matter to me if the vehicle meets my needs.