Electric Car News

phreddyp

Word salad? Simple sentences too hard for you? The software is bad. The vehicle the software that came installed in good. Replace the software and the vehicle is okay.
Did I stutter little one, or are the words I use too big for you?
All you are defending is a not ready for prime time piece of JUNK, with tons of problems, now go back to your alter honoring your grand poobah Elon. Do you honestly believe that his vehicle was in the shop for 3 weeks for software glitch? Christ you make hemi appear to be a genius LOL!

glhs837

Power with Control
Did I stutter little one, or are the words I use too big for you?
All you are defending is a not ready for prime time piece of JUNK, with tons of problems, now go back to your alter honoring your grand poobah Elon. Do you honestly believe that his vehicle was in the shop for 3 weeks for software glitch? Christ you make hemi appear to be a genius LOL!

Well, its your neighbor, so you get to decide what it was in the shop for :) I just know that verifiable information says that the most common problem for these vehicles is software that can take weeks. By all accounts, both from both amateur and professional source, that vehicle is sound on a mechanical basis, but its saddled with crappy software.

Do you have verifiable sources to show that mechanical or electrical problems are common in these vehicles?

phreddyp

Well, its your neighbor, so you get to decide what it was in the shop for :) I just know that verifiable information says that the most common problem for these vehicles is software that can take weeks. By all accounts, both from both amateur and professional source, that vehicle is sound on a mechanical basis, but its saddled with crappy software.

Do you have verifiable sources to show that mechanical or electrical problems are common in these vehicles?
I case you missed it most of my posts are from what I have learned by seeing myself or testimony from people who have owned one, which according to you is made up and not real.
We all know that what one reads by so called experts is usually tainted by whether they believe in the tech or the supposed benefit that EVs bring to the table.
I have stated often enough [if you pay any attention to what anyone has to say] that EVs are a not ready for prime time tech and that hybrids are ready now, and are a superior choice for both the environment and for someone who wants an alternative to an ICE vehicle compared to a stand alone EV .
You preach that EVs are the way to go but the negatives show up everyday and show that they are not ready for prime time and that YOU are full of S**T! Enjoy.

glhs837

Power with Control
I case you missed it most of my posts are from what I have learned by seeing myself or testimony from people who have owned one, which according to you is made up and not real.
We all know that what one reads by so called experts is usually tainted by whether they believe in the tech or the supposed benefit that EVs bring to the table.
I have stated often enough [if you pay any attention to what anyone has to say] that EVs are a not ready for prime time tech and that hybrids are ready now, and are a superior choice for both the environment and for someone who wants an alternative to an ICE vehicle compared to a stand alone EV .
You preach that EVs are the way to go but the negatives show up everyday and show that they are not ready for prime time and that YOU are full of S**T! Enjoy.

Those are anecdotes, individual data points out of hundreds of thousands or millions of other data points. When you design a test, you need to repeat it a certain number of times to achieves confidence in the results. I never said what you have learned isn't real. Just that its not accurate to try and extrapolate your few points to statistical significance.

As to who you listen to on a professional level, that's why its important to vet who you listen to. Look for folks who have knowledge on the topic but who are not biased. And if they are, then you need to vet what they tell you, can those things be proven through verification? Take Scotty Kilmer. Sure, professional mechanic. But biased against EVs. A lot of the sources on the pro EV side are indeed biased. So you need to look at the information they provide. Does that information tracer back to real data? If it doesn't, then toss it out. Same for anti folks. Do they have good data? Or cherry picked information?

I don't preach. I just recognize that different vehicles fit the needs of different people.

phreddyp

Those are anecdotes, individual data points out of hundreds of thousands or millions of other data points. When you design a test, you need to repeat it a certain number of times to achieves confidence in the results. I never said what you have learned isn't real. Just that its not accurate to try and extrapolate your few points to statistical significance.

As to who you listen to on a professional level, that's why its important to vet who you listen to. Look for folks who have knowledge on the topic but who are not biased. And if they are, then you need to vet what they tell you, can those things be proven through verification? Take Scotty Kilmer. Sure, professional mechanic. But biased against EVs. A lot of the sources on the pro EV side are indeed biased. So you need to look at the information they provide. Does that information tracer back to real data? If it doesn't, then toss it out. Same for anti folks. Do they have good data? Or cherry picked information?

I don't preach. I just recognize that different vehicles fit the needs of different people.
They are a great idea as long as you deliver pizza for a living, there I said something good about them.
Happy now?

glhs837

Power with Control
They are a great idea as long as you deliver pizza for a living, there I said something good about them.
Happy now?

A small crack in the dam is where it starts :) Dont forget police...... they seem to like it so far.... I chose Bargersville because they have been going the longest, with the first unit entering service five years ago.

phreddyp

Yyeah a tow
A small crack in the dam is where it starts :) Dont forget police...... they seem to like it so far.... I chose Bargersville because they have been going the longest, with the first unit entering service five years ago.

Yeah a town you can pee across. Lol

PeoplesElbow

Crown Victoria? Thought Ford gave those up for the Explorer Interceptor years ago.

glhs837

Power with Control
Crown Victoria? Thought Ford gave those up for the Explorer Interceptor years ago.
Some places bought as late as possible and keep vehicles running longer.
Yyeah a tow

Yeah a town you can pee across. Lol

Not a big town. Doesnt change the savings. If you drive more the savings increase, of course. There are other departments deplying, lets see how that works. Do you know how many miles a day a St Marys county cruiser drives? I dont.

PeoplesElbow

It doesn't say police it says "officials" I am guessing that is the bean counters.

In NYC I saw Prius as cop cars and about died laughing, considering how much they sit and idle hybrids make a lot of sense. Think in cold or hot weather a BEV gets a full day or shift without needing a charge?

glhs837

Power with Control
It doesn't say police it says "officials" I am guessing that is the bean counters.

In NYC I saw Prius as cop cars and about died laughing, considering how much they sit and idle hybrids make a lot of sense. Think in cold or hot weather a BEV gets a full day or shift without needing a charge?

Read the whole article. Departments not big enough for 13 cars that are not patrol cars. Article even talks to one of them. How long they get depends. Seems the math works for them. Remember, at idle in the cold, they can last for days.
Bertram says Bargersville’s fleet of 13 Tesla police cars saves taxpayers about $80,000 a year in fuel costs compared to gas-powered police vehicles.

phreddyp

Some places bought as late as possible and keep vehicles running longer.

Not a big town. Doesnt change the savings. If you drive more the savings increase, of course. There are other departments deplying, lets see how that works. Do you know how many miles a day a St Marys county cruiser drives? I dont.
Like I said they are perfect for pizza delivery.

phreddyp

Read the whole article. Departments not big enough for 13 cars that are not patrol cars. Article even talks to one of them. How long they get depends. Seems the math works for them. Remember, at idle in the cold, they can last for days.
Still grasping at straws, I see. LOL

PeoplesElbow

With the heat on?

glhs837

Power with Control
With the heat on?

Sure can. Of course, one equipped with a heat pump system vice resitive heating will last longer, and just like an ICE car, it depends on how much energy you have when you start. But no department I know is going to idle for 30 hours in a row. Of course, this also doesn't really work well for any department that hot swaps cars. But even an hour or so break for the cars between shifts would suffice, I think.

Enter the Tesla Model 3. For 2021, Tesla switched from resistive heating to a heat pump. Drivers report greatly improved efficiency when it comes to heating their cars. One user slept in his Model 3 and ran metrics on it overnight in sub-freezing weather, finding the battery consumed 1.36kW per hour, on average. For a Tesla with a 80kWh battery, this means you could sit in your Tesla nice and toasty for almost 59 hours on a full charge, or about 29 hours on a half charge.

Like I said they are perfect for pizza delivery.
Still grasping at straws, I see. LOL

Is every vehicle perfect for every role? Of course not.

glhs837

Power with Control
To me this sort of thing does almost as much damage to EV sales as psychology does.

Epidemic. I might quibble with that word. I would like to see what 100 charging cables looks like expressed as a percentage of total charging stations in Seattle. Down here in St Mary's, that would certainly be an epidemic. Charles or Calvert even.

According to this, there are more than 500 charging locations on this map of Seattle. If you figure 2 per station, 100 cables in a year isn't an epidemic. So, impossible? No. Harder, more inconvenient, for sure. SO its the reporting that does the damage with words like epidemic and impossible. Owners of the charging points might be tempted to place cameras triggered to buffer the video to a remote server when a cable gets cut. But in Seattle, its not even gonna net the criminal a stay in jail, and there will be no restitution. Hell, they cant sweep the junkies off 4eh streets.

phreddyp

Sure can. Of course, one equipped with a heat pump system vice resitive heating will last longer, and just like an ICE car, it depends on how much energy you have when you start. But no department I know is going to idle for 30 hours in a row. Of course, this also doesn't really work well for any department that hot swaps cars. But even an hour or so break for the cars between shifts would suffice, I think.

Is every vehicle perfect for every role? Of course not.

Fortunately, EV's have found their calling, pizza delivery it is.