Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
No bearings, no tires, no port or electrical connections for charging, no A/C or Heat nor defrost system, no on-board computer or entertainment system, no windshield wipers nor wiper motors nor windshield fluid, no headlights, no turn signals, no alignments needed, no window motors, no electrical terminations. You are correct none of these need Maintenace or replacement EVER. You just drive the EV until it stops, I bet you think the ash trays never get full also. This is exactly why you are a joke.
O, it does have those things. I didn't say they never need repairs, all of the common things that all vehicles have are susceptible to breaking and needing fixed. I called out all the extra things that an EV simply doesn't have. I also spoke of scheduled maintenance.If you want to make a point it would help if your counterpoint actually countered what I posted.

glhs837

Power with Control
How then does the car know when to stop before it rearends someone..if you let off the gas pedal or should I say go forward pedal how will it stop for a red light or before a collision
It slows to a stop at the rate it does unless you hit the gas. Experienced one pedal drivers judge that when slowing. When I rented one for a week, I was about 40% there with not hitting the brake at all when stopping.

phreddyp

O, it does have those things. I didn't say they never need repairs, all of the common things that all vehicles have are susceptible to breaking and needing fixed. I called out all the extra things that an EV simply doesn't have. I also spoke of scheduled maintenance.If you want to make a point it would help if your counterpoint actually countered what I posted.
Explain why Ford says to flush and change brake fluid every three years then. I'll wait.

glhs837

Power with Control
Explain why Ford says to flush and change brake fluid every three years then. I'll wait.
Because it's hygroscopic, and can absorb moisture and degrade. Now, how necessary is that if you don't open the system? Here's Tesla recommended service chart.

1000010925.png

glhs837

Power with Control
Sounds like scheduled maintenance to me.
Sure does. But you should read closer. I said no scheduled or placement of pads or rotors. And I never said they had no scheduled maintenance. I said it was far less than that of a ice vehicle.

phreddyp

Sure does. But you should read closer. I said no scheduled or placement of pads or rotors. And I never said they had no scheduled maintenance. I said it was far less than that of a ice vehicle.
I don't schedule replacement of pads or rotors either so what's your point.

I would imagine that EVs have plenty of bearings also, they don't exactly last forever or do they in your mind?

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't schedule replacement of pads or rotors either so what's your point.

I would imagine that EVs have plenty of bearings also, they don't exactly last forever or do they in your mind?

Run the circles of words all you wish. Maint on an ICE vehicles costs more. And it has far more scheduled maint. Of course they have bearings. Again, no point in talking about common parts that wear the same.

phreddyp

Run the circles of words all you wish. Maint on an ICE vehicles costs more. And it has far more scheduled maint. Of course they have bearings. Again, no point in talking about common parts that wear the same.
Say all you want, appears they spend quite a bit of time at the dealers. So something is different about repair or maintenance or upgrades.

glhs837

Power with Control
Say all you want, appears they spend quite a bit of time at the dealers. So something is different about repair or maintenance or upgrades.
So where do you draw that data from? A buddy of mine bought a model y performance last fall. He just had his first issue with it. A faulty seat belt buckle. Tesla mobile service came to his place of work and placed it while he was in his office. He sent me pictures of the cool tricked out model y that the service guy had to use.

phreddyp

So where do you draw that data from? A buddy of mine bought a model y performance last fall. He just had his first issue with it. A faulty seat belt buckle. Tesla mobile service came to his place of work and placed it while he was in his office. He sent me pictures of the cool tricked out model y that the service guy had to use.
Like I've told you a dozen time, folks with them in the neighborhood. Last time was the guy with the Volkswagen SUV 3 1/2 weeks at the dealership. He rented an ICE Bronco to get him through, you must have CRS syndrome.

glhs837

Power with Control
Certainly can remember shi...... Like the fact that dozens of times I've told you that anecdotes are not data. I just heard that Ford wrote down 800 million of this last earnings for warranty repiars

phreddyp

Certainly can remember shi...... Like the fact that dozens of times I've told you that anecdotes are not data. I just heard that Ford wrote down 800 million of this last earnings for warranty repiars
No surprise here Fords have always been crap!

phreddyp

So, whose vehicles are not crap? They all have issues.
My vote would be GM, we used them for our fleet, very few problems even when abused by employees, 40 years of being in business no major problems, did replace one engine in a one-ton utility pickup after about 400,000 miles. Body was still in great shape engine was about 4 grand installed.

glhs837

Power with Control
My vote would be GM, we used them for our fleet, very few problems even when abused by employees, 40 years of being in business no major problems, did replace one engine in a one-ton utility pickup after about 400,000 miles. Body was still in great shape engine was about 4 grand installed.

My problems with GMs have generally been with the annoying small crap. Door hinges, turn signal stalks, door handles, that kind of thing. Although the 99 Blazers long brake line rotting through and finding out there were no pre bent replacements was annoying. And that since the fuel system used the same type of line, dropping the fuel tank was most likely gonna result in needing a new fuel pump..... they estimated $2400 including 10 hours of labor just to bend and double flare the ends of the new line....... Said screw that, bought 10 feet of line and a flare kit and ran a new line down the frame rail for about $50 bucks.

phreddyp

My problems with GMs have generally been with the annoying small crap. Door hinges, turn signal stalks, door handles, that kind of thing. Although the 99 Blazers long brake line rotting through and finding out there were no pre bent replacements was annoying. And that since the fuel system used the same type of line, dropping the fuel tank was most likely gonna result in needing a new fuel pump..... they estimated $2400 including 10 hours of labor just to bend and double flare the ends of the new line....... Said screw that, bought 10 feet of line and a flare kit and ran a new line down the frame rail for about $50 bucks.
Yeah I had an 89 Blazer and the brake line rusted thru, ended up doing the same thing, we flood on occasion here and have to drive thru it. To me that was OK not really a problem easy fix.

Have also had a problem with their paint job flaking off. But thats really about it, I still buy GM and would do so again.

Kinnakeet

It slows to a stop at the rate it does unless you hit the gas. Experienced one pedal drivers judge that when slowing. When I rented one for a week, I was about 40% there with not hitting the brake at all when stopping.
Dude you need to come back to earth..your tooooo far out there with this EV bullsh!t!