Electric Car News

phreddyp

As I mentioned previously you are just wasting your time trying to talk to these guys. They cannot accept that your points are valid because that would mean they have been acting like retards the whole time. So they won't accept it.

And really, it doesn't matter. At the end of the day the EVs will win and these guys will adapt or be left behind.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit Clem, I keep saying that EV's are not ready for prime time because there are too many negatives about the entire system that need to be addressed. Lack of charging stations, overcharging with fire risk, fire risk in accidents, EV being totaled with only a normally minor accident, too long to charge, cold weather issues, over loaded electrical grid, not anywhere as green as we are being told they are and lack of range, towing issues. These are only some of the issues with them, they still have a long way to go before they are an acceptable alternative!

Do they have a future? Yes I believe they do, BUT they still have a long row to hoe before they get there.

Now that I have tried to explain my position, you can carry on blowing smoke up the general public's ass.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
How many ways do they need to guardrail idiots? Damn car told them it needed juice.
It should be realistically simple, put the ****ing thing in neutral and shove it out of the ****ing way.

if you can’t do that, there’s a flaw.

i’m sure some people on the ****ing Thomas Johnson Bridge would’ve appreciate a feature like that last week.

glhs837

Power with Control
It should be realistically simple, put the ****ing thing in neutral and shove it out of the ****ing way.

i’m sure some people on the ****ing Thomas Johnson Bridge would’ve appreciate a feature like that last week.

Not how we don't expect people to simply follow the instructions. "Charge your car NOW or you may not make it to where you are going" That's about as simple as it gets. Damn thing warns you with a like 30 miles left. Why are we letting idiots off the hook? Last I checked, we were generally a group who place great value on personal responsibility.

And if you miss that, and run it dead, like an bigger idiot, you have almost half an hour to place it in tow mode. If you miss that, well, you have achieved super idiot mode. Not sure exactly how much engineering should be required to protect against super idiots.

glhs837

Power with Control
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit Clem, I keep saying that EV's are not ready for prime time because there are too many negatives about the entire system that need to be addressed. Lack of charging stations, overcharging with fire risk, fire risk in accidents, EV being totaled with only a normally minor accident, too long to charge, cold weather issues, over loaded electrical grid, not anywhere as green as we are being told they are and lack of range, towing issues. These are only some of the issues with them, they still have a long way to go before they are an acceptable alternative!

Do they have a future? Yes I believe they do, BUT they still have a long row to hoe before they get there.

Now that I have tried to explain my position, you can carry on blowing smoke up the general public's ass.

1. Lack of charging stations - Well, if you buy the right one, there are plenty.
2. Overcharging with fire risk - Happen often? Very few cases I'm aware of.
3. Fire risk in accidents - lower than ICE vehicles, actually. And when they do, barring +100mph crashes, its slow enough that people escape easily.
4. EV being totaled with only a normally minor accident. Insurance companies are to blame, not EVs. Once they get enough data to analyze risk better, that should square away. But you dont get that data until you field more units.
5. Too long to charge - According to owners, the relatively longer time spent charging on road trips is more than offset by the time saved during the 95% of driving where you just plug in at home.
6. Grid - The grid will grow as more get adopted. Its almost you expect supply to be placed before demand. That not how supply and demand work. Take a look at how gas stations and fueling infrastructure expanded as the amount of gas vehicles grew.
7. Environmental - Still better over a life cycle than an ICE equivalent. The batteries can be recycled, all the gas burned of course cannot.
8 . Range - Fits most people driving needs, if they are honest.
9. Towing - This one is highly use case dependent. Most people dont tow 7,000lbs 500 miles a day. But if you do, they are not for you.
10. Long way? We shall see. LAst year was 7%, lets see what 2023 brings.

phreddyp

1. Lack of charging stations - Well, if you buy the right one, there are plenty.
2. Overcharging with fire risk - Happen often? Very few cases I'm aware of.
3. Fire risk in accidents - lower than ICE vehicles, actually. And when they do, barring +100mph crashes, its slow enough that people escape easily.
4. EV being totaled with only a normally minor accident. Insurance companies are to blame, not EVs. Once they get enough data to analyze risk better, that should square away. But you dont get that data until you field more units.
5. Too long to charge - According to owners, the relatively longer time spent charging on road trips is more than offset by the time saved during the 95% of driving where you just plug in at home.
6. Grid - The grid will grow as more get adopted. Its almost you expect supply to be placed before demand. That not how supply and demand work. Take a look at how gas stations and fueling infrastructure expanded as the amount of gas vehicles grew.
7. Environmental - Still better over a life cycle than an ICE equivalent. The batteries can be recycled, all the gas burned of course cannot.
8 . Range - Fits most people driving needs, if they are honest.
9. Towing - This one is highly use case dependent. Most people dont tow 7,000lbs 500 miles a day. But if you do, they are not for you.
10. Long way? We shall see. LAst year was 7%, lets see what 2023 brings.
Keep trying to convince yourself, every one is a legitimate concern, nothing you have said will change them. This is how I keep a moron busy.:howdy:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I would have. I was stuck in that mess.

glhs837

Power with Control
According to the head of the electric church above, if one of his co-morons fails to charge the car, the rest of us should just sit there behind him.

Nope, just be pissed at the right thing. The idiot driver. Who obviously couldn't be bothered to learn anything. Or even read. :)

Clem72

Probably why I only own one F-150..it has a 15kw generator on the back and a snow plow on the front. But I do have a '78 Bronco on 40" tires. And an F350 4x4...so how do fit in to your cute little stereotypes? Curious.
I think you missed the point of my "cute little stereotypes". I was pointing out that they make as much sense as claiming every person who wants to own an EV is doing it to save the environment, supports outlawing gas cars, and is of course completely unaware of their limitations. Which is something several people in this thread repeatedly push despite every EV supporter here telling them otherwise.

So I guess in keeping with the intelligence level of this discussion, it means you are an office tough guy and you're going to need to move that generator for the twice a year you actually use the vehicle to pick up mulch.

Clem72

Nope, just be pissed at the right thing. The idiot driver. Who obviously couldn't be bothered to learn anything. Or even read. :)
Actually the person who couldn't read was Kyle, the article itself said they were only stuck for 10 minutes until the owner came back and put it in neutral so they could push it away.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Actually the person who couldn't read was Kyle, the article itself said they were only stuck for 10 minutes until the owner came back and put it in neutral so they could push it away.
Read it fine.

“[It] took about 10 minutes for him to get out,” she wrote. “He managed after leaving it be for a bit to get it in gear, I assume, and then the employees pushed him out of the drive-thru.”

Then the employee finally understood that the car was not starting. He immediately got some staff and came out to push the car, but the driver said it was locked up. That’s when you see the employee tell the drivers that the car is dead.”

“It made me think we are just not ready for this yet,” she explained. “These cars completely lock up,

SamSpade

I think that down the road - EVs are STILL not going to be for everybody. And the niche they fill now is perfectly satisfactory for most of those who choose one. I say most, because I'm sure some are early adopters who pick it because it's trendy or it's "saving the planet" but not because it's a good fit for their needs.

My mom used to live in a retirement village - a huge one - and most of the time, she was able to get about - in her golf cart/Gator/whatever it was. She didn't need to use a car, even though she had one. Because with the exception of medical needs, she really only ever needed to use the car to get her hair done or buy groceries. An EV was *perfect* for her. I had an uncle who once lived in Herndon - and a hybrid or EV suited his needs perfectly.

For easily the next ten years, I don't foresee a need, for me. If I remain in good health - possibly never. I'm hoping to do some RV'ing once I retire and I am not looking forward to doing it as an EV.

WHAT DOES PISS ME OFF - is the typical liberal mindset that says you ALL MUST HAVE ONE. And if you don't, we will MAKE YOU.
The mindset is not at all UNLIKE the prevailing philosophy in "Demolition Man" where swearing is finable and unhealthy foods are illegal - along with adding salt to your food.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I think that down the road - EVs are STILL not going to be for everybody. And the niche they fill now is perfectly satisfactory for most of those who choose one. I say most, because I'm sure some are early adopters who pick it because it's trendy or it's "saving the planet" but not because it's a good fit for their needs.

:yay: :yay:

"The Next Great Thing"

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Yeah! Where is the new Apple EV?
You joke, but I would not be surprised to see apple jump in with the "iCar"

It'll be incompatible with every other charger on the planet except Apple Chargers.

It can only be started by an iPhone app and will update every 4-6 months with a new OS introducing new bugs to replace all the old bugs.

After 12 successive updates the 13th will make the car drive slower and slower, after the 16th update the car will no longer be supported by their charging system and you'll have to buy a new car.

The new car will do away with door handles and you'll have to press your face to the glass to be let in with face recognition.

Last edited: