Electric Car News

glhs837

Power with Control
I would rather experience filling up than run out of juice and have to wait hours to get charged up or have to call someone with a diesel truck to move my belongings because my EV vehicle has no azz to carry heavy stuff and when loaded runs out of power rather quick from what I read.
Yep, buy what works for your use case. Doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people.

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't diss the Monkeys, a poop fight is a time honored tradition.
Work Working GIF

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm sorry this is not electric car news. This is idiot news. Idiot had multiple chances to not have this happen and chose not to. The idiot then had multiple ways to remedy the problem but was too stupid to figure them out.

Let's put this another way is every piece of stupidity I see on a boat ramp of pickup truck issue? Cuz all those stories seem to involve pickup trucks. Of course not. Those are stupid owners not understanding how to use their vehicle.

phreddyp

I'm sorry this is not electric car news. This is idiot news. Idiot had multiple chances to not have this happen and chose not to. The idiot then had multiple ways to remedy the problem but was too stupid to figure them out.

Let's put this another way is every piece of stupidity I see on a boat ramp of pickup truck issue? Cuz all those stories seem to involve pickup trucks. Of course not. Those are stupid owners not understanding how to use their vehicle.
It is EXACTLY EV news when a manufacturer has a flaw in their system (which is apparent here since you cannot place the vehicle in gear due to a dead battery) it just shows that this is a not ready for prime time system. Nice try though blaming the design flaw on the owner.

glhs837

Power with Control
It is EXACTLY EV news when a manufacturer has a flaw in their system (which is apparent here since you cannot place the vehicle in gear due to a dead battery) it just shows that this is a not ready for prime time system. Nice try though blaming the design flaw on the owner.
No, the flaw is with the owner who couldn't be bothered to know how to operate the vehicle. The article notes there is at least one, maybe two ways to place the vehicle into tow mode with plenty of warning. The owner chose to be an idiot.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If I cut myself with a kitchen knife, is it my fault, or the manufacturer for providing a not-ready-for-prime-time dangerous knife?

That Tesla owner shouldn't own a Tesla. If they can't understand how it's charged, imagine them using autonomous driving.

Clem72

No, the flaw is with the owner who couldn't be bothered to know how to operate the vehicle. The article notes there is at least one, maybe two ways to place the vehicle into tow mode with plenty of warning. The owner chose to be an idiot.
As I mentioned previously you are just wasting your time trying to talk to these guys. They cannot accept that your points are valid because that would mean they have been acting like retards the whole time. So they won't accept it.

And really, it doesn't matter. At the end of the day the EVs will win and these guys will adapt or be left behind.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It should really be possible to disconnect the drive system, even without battery power.

if not, that’s a flaw, not a feature

stgislander

PREMO Member

There you go. Making sense again. You need to stop that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
F-150s = office tough guy machines. People buy them because once a year a co-worker might need help moving.
Probably why I only own one F-150..it has a 15kw generator on the back and a snow plow on the front. But I do have a '78 Bronco on 40" tires. And an F350 4x4...so how do fit in to your cute little stereotypes? Curious.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile..here in the country possessing unlimited hydroelectrical power, I'm seeing that practically half the vehicles on the road here are EVs.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Doesn't their gasoline cost something like $8 a gallon?
Its always been expensive, yes. But now the NOK is 10.5 to the dollar and than makes most things over here actually reasonable. I spent many years working here when it was always 5-6 NOK to the dollar.

But the popularity of EVs here has little of nothing to do with the cost of gas or diesel actually. Its the national tax structure. Tax on a 2023 Four Runner with gas engine and rear seats is around 100%, for example. For a pure EV, its near 0..for a hybrid vehicle its somewhere in the middle. Makes the choice easy, and there are far more EV options available here than in US, although Tesla was initially the dominant player here. My son has owned two of them but now has a tiny commuter EV and a "soccer mom" EV because my two grandkids. ;-)

phreddyp

Keep trying, you only have yourself to convince.