Electric Car News

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Ahem.

I know self-awareness isn't your strong point but do you even think before you type? Oil/Gas might be the most heavily subsidized industry in the history of the world.
It wasnt when the industry started Sherlock.

And Ford, Pierce and Stanley didn’t have the government mandate their products.

Do you think at all?

phreddyp

Love me some ICE vehicles, have a small fleet here. Some of which will need to be pried from my cold dead hands. And I think Ive made it quie clear about a billion times, I dont agree with forced adoption, nor do I agree with subsidies.

While I don agree with subsidies, thinking the oil companies have never been the beneficiaries of govt action is pretty blind. We've effed up entire countries for oil. But yet again, we agree that the govt shouldn't be forcing the issue.
Oil has a lot more uses than an EV, but you keep on grasping for straws. Sounds like you and clem have a thing going on.

Clem72

It wasnt when the industry started Sherlock.

And Ford, Pierce and Stanley didn’t have the government mandate their products.

Do you think at all?

So your big smarty pants response to oil currently being heavily subsidized isn't that it might be fair to also subsidize a competitor, but rather it's fair to NOT subsidize a competitor because oil wasn't subsidized 100 years ago when it had virtually no competitors.

Look, I get it man. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed. You don't have to keep reminding us.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
So your big smarty pants response to oil currently being heavily subsidized isn't that it might be fair to also subsidize a competitor, but rather it's fair to NOT subsidize a competitor because oil wasn't subsidized 100 years ago when it had virtually no competitors.

Look, I get it man. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed. You don't have to keep reminding us.
So you cant refute it. I get it

Youre a dolt and feel you have to lash out at your betters

:poorbaby:

glhs837

Power with Control
My guess you and clem are heavy into lubrication!

Yet another well educated and factually correct point. That's right, you don't do those :) You just make gay jokes. Which is good, because people who see this stuff understand that your "points" are as valid as your jokes :)

phreddyp

Yet another well educated and factually correct point. That's right, you don't do those :) You just make gay jokes. Which is good, because people who see this stuff understand that your "points" are as valid as your jokes :)
Not quite correct, the real joke is YOU trying to push a " NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME" technology. Then getting upset when this has been pointed out to you many times from a multitude of folks and articles. Your chain gets yanked more than the one in most toilets. Clem is a close second.

Clem72

Not quite correct, the real joke is YOU trying to push a " NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME" technology. Then getting upset when this has been pointed out to you many times from a multitude of folks and articles.
This is how I picture you when you "point things out" to those who know more than you.
DxZWR7WWkAAxWCm.jpeg

glhs837

Power with Control
Not quite correct, the real joke is YOU trying to push a " NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME" technology. Then getting upset when this has been pointed out to you many times from a multitude of folks and articles. Your chain gets yanked more than the one in most toilets. Clem is a close second.

You keep saying I'm upset of triggered. Or pushing. You seem to miss the flow. You or Kyle post some easily refuted story about EVs. I or Clem post factual information showing whatever you posted is wrong, you then insult us or claim we were triggered. I don't care if anyone buys them or not. You want to drive an ICE car forever, go right ahead. Plan to keep one or two around myself. One of which will be a manual.

The fact that the EV market almost doubles ever year should tell you where the market is going. But feel free to ignore those numbers. :)

Usually after every push back against the Church of Climate/CarbonFree/Global-EVs/Warming.

Funny, neither Clem or I are ardent climate change nutso types. And we don't agree with govt subsidies nor bans on gas vehicles. Let the market decide. If pushed, I might say I'm a Bill O'Reilly sort. No matter how you feel it might or might not affect the climate, generally speaking, burning less stuff is good. Wont stop me from filling my bike or car with 93 octane and getting on the throttle.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Funny, neither Clem or I are ardent climate change nutso types. And we don't agree with govt subsidies nor bans on gas vehicles. Let the market decide. If pushed, I might say I'm a Bill O'Reilly sort. No matter how you feel it might or might not affect the climate, generally speaking, burning less stuff is good. Wont stop me from filling my bike or car with 93 octane and getting on the throttle.
When someone repeatedly extoles the benefits of dianetics, they can claim not to be a Scientologist all they want, but they're preaching from the same book.

phreddyp

I haven't missed anyth
You keep saying I'm upset of triggered. Or pushing. You seem to miss the flow. You or Kyle post some easily refuted story about EVs. I or Clem post factual information showing whatever you posted is wrong, you then insult us or claim we were triggered. I don't care if anyone buys them or not. You want to drive an ICE car forever, go right ahead. Plan to keep one or two around myself. One of which will be a manual.

The fact that the EV market almost doubles ever year should tell you where the market is going. But feel free to ignore those numbers. :)

I haven't missed anything in your quest to convert us to your mistaken view point. EVs are a waste of money at this time unless you have a short commute or are delivering pizza or such, too many negatives follow this technology and most are not even close to being worked out. You can deny this all you want, but you still sound like the crazy homeless guy walking down the street screaming that the world is ending. Enjoy your weekend.

glhs837

Power with Control
I haven't missed anyth

I haven't missed anything in your quest to convert us to your mistaken view point. EVs are a waste of money at this time unless you have a short commute or are delivering pizza or such, too many negatives follow this technology and most are not even close to being worked out. You can deny this all you want, but you still sound like the crazy homeless guy walking down the street screaming that the world is ending. Enjoy your weekend.
Hmmm, I've not told anyone they should buy an EV. And for some they are a waste of money. You say they are a waste for everyone. And that's demonstrably false. And it's not you I'm speaking to anyway. You can't reach someone who refuses to think. But others read this thread. :)