Electric Car News

phreddyp

I am in Crescent City CA. Sitting in a Walmart parking lot drinking a PBR, watching folks try to charge their EVs. Six chargers, apparently only one operational. Plates from all over, they are not happy campers! LOL!

glhs837

Power with Control
There is that time that they may forget that nags them into thinking they don't want it.

Almost every woman I know is of the "I don't want to have to plug in my car" camp.

Unless you commute a long distance, skipping plugging a day of even a few days isn't a huge deal. And if they are the kind that just have a man fill up the car, not sure why he wont plug it in for them?
My wife is an MSEE, does not think the technology is mature enough to go big.

We agree, its not ready to take over "big", its like any other adoption curve.

:yay: Which is why they're gonna be nothing more than a niche market for the foreseeable future.

The one place they'd be handy, city driving, unless you have a garage (which is rare) you'll be forced to do all your charging at a premium price.

Doubling or almost doubling market share every year says you might be wrong. Lets check back in five years :)
I am in Crescent City CA. Sitting in a Walmart parking lot drinking a PBR, watching folks try to charge their EVs. Six chargers, apparently only one operational. Plates from all over, they are not happy campers! LOL!

Yep, Electrify America is a shitshow. Yet one of a million reasons that the govt forcing VW to build a charging network to pay for the emissions scandal was a Bad Idea. You might be shocked to know that VWs heart was never really in it, and they divested it as soon as they could. Yet again, relying on any charging network that doesn't start with a T is a Bad Idea.

PeoplesElbow

Unless you commute a long distance, skipping plugging a day of even a few days isn't a huge deal. And if they are the kind that just have a man fill up the car, not sure why he wont plug it in for them?

Doubling or almost doubling market share every year says you might be wrong. Lets check back in five years :)

Yep, Electrify America is a shitshow. Yet one of a million reasons that the govt forcing VW to build a charging network to pay for the emissions scandal was a Bad Idea. You might be shocked to know that VWs heart was never really in it, and they divested it as soon as they could. Yet again, relying on any charging network that doesn't start with a T is a Bad Idea.
Find me a straight woman that doesn't have hairy arm pits and smell like patchouli that wants an electric car, it's going to be hard.

glhs837

Power with Control
Find me a straight woman that doesn't have hairy arm pits and smell like patchouli that wants an electric car, it's going to be hard.

I see a lot around here that look like they work on base in the offices or in corporate offices. I think three of the five or six that park in 2185 are driven by women who wear dresses and styled hair. And not styled purple :) Prices a bit high for the patchouli oil crowd yet.

PeoplesElbow

I see a lot around here that look like they work on base in the offices or in corporate offices. I think three of the five or six that park in 2185 are driven by women who wear dresses and styled hair. And not styled purple :) Prices a bit high for the patchouli oil crowd yet.
I think you may have confused metrosexual guys with man buns as women.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think you may have confused metrosexual guys with man buns as women.

Nope, being an investor, I'm always curious about the demographic. I know what's reported, rich old white guys and young tech bros. Around here, it seems to be a pretty even mix. I'm seeing blacks and Asians, young (30s), old, male, female.

Oh, and your charger doesn't need to be in a garage. You can wall mount them outside on a wall or post.

PeoplesElbow

Nope, being an investor, I'm always curious about the demographic. I know what's reported, rich old white guys and young tech bros. Around here, it seems to be a pretty even mix. I'm seeing blacks and Asians, young (30s), old, male, female.

Oh, and your charger doesn't need to be in a garage. You can wall mount them outside on a wall or post.
The two in my parking lot are hipsters with man buns. Oh and a fat old guy with that little Chevy one.

phreddyp

It's ALL a bad idea at the moment! A not ready for prime time product, with a lack of support. But morons are still harping on their virtues despite cons being posted everyday.

Would you like to own a percentage of the new Harry Nice bridge I know a guy!

Hybrids appear to be the wave of the future from the dissatisfied EV owners that I have talked to.

phreddyp

My neighbor was one, then she saw the light and bought a new bronco. Took a big hit on the exchange but as some of us know education ain't free.

glhs837

Power with Control
Do that in a major city and you can start looking for your charging cable at the scrap yard.

:lmao:
We've already discussed that they are not ready for outside parking city folks.
Which is what I would do.
I'll be getting in touch with SMECO about this product. Where my meter sits, this would be perfect with about a 20 foot run trenched throufgh the front garden bed and under the gravel/old CR6 driveway to a post

It's ALL a bad idea at the moment! A not ready for prime time product, with a lack of support. But morons are still harping on their virtues despite cons being posted everyday.

Would you like to own a percentage of the new Harry Nice bridge I know a guy!

Hybrids appear to be the wave of the future from the dissatisfied EV owners that I have talked to.

My investment account says differently :) +132% over four years :) Tesla is about 71% of that account.

phreddyp

I'll be getting in touch with SMECO about this product. Where my meter sits, this would be perfect with about a 20 foot run trenched throufgh the front garden bed and under the gravel/old CR6 driveway to a post

My investment account says differently :) +132% over four years :) Tesla is about 71% of that account.
My bet is YOU LIE!

PeoplesElbow

Yikes that is too much in any one sector let alone an individual stock. My energy stocks have netted me about 10x that in the same time period.

Kinnakeet

Its all a bad idea and another bad idea is backing the Govt' by buying that junk!

PeoplesElbow

Its all a bad idea and another bad idea is backing the Govt' by buying that junk!
It's not junk, EVs just leave holes in the way most people use their vehicles and is unlikely to be able to fill them. If there wasn't a huge loss in efficiency a huge wireless charging pad under driveways or garage floors would fix part of it, an interstate that could power your car for long trips would also fix the fillup/range anxiety.

I would buy a cheap EV for commuting, but it definitely wouldn't be my only vehicle, but it would mean one more vehicle so I'll make due with what I have, a truck and a hybrid SUV for the efficiency and smooth driving.

glhs837

Power with Control
My bet is YOU LIE!

Lets meet up one day, I'll log in and show you :) Say the next cars and coffee?

Yikes that is too much in any one sector let alone an individual stock. My energy stocks have netted me about 10x that in the same time period.

Keep in mind, this is my "play" account I set up using an old ESOP plan I had to get out of. When I moved that old 401K over, I skimmed a little off off that. I call it the billionaires fund since it has Tesla, Google, and Amazon.

Wait, ten times a 132% increase in value?

Think I've said repeatedly that I do not support the govt intervention in the market, I think its strong enough to make it solo. When Tesla and GM lost their original subsidies, sales kept right up. But lobbyists gonna lobby, and politicians are gonna pay back.

PeoplesElbow

Wait, ten times a 132% increase in value?
Oh yes, between the very high dividends with reinvestment and bargan basement sale prices in March of 2020. Some have since been sold, a few I hang onto because the dividend yield using the original purchase price is too great not to.