Excellent local restaurants

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And OMG how can I forget Casey Jones?? :notworthy

Christy and I had dinner there after Christmas shopping and it was outstanding!

lovinmaryland

And OMG how can I forget Casey Jones?? :notworthy

Christy and I had dinner there after Christmas shopping and it was outstanding!

I have eaten dinner there twice since moving out here and the first time it was very good but the 2nd time it wasnt good at all :shrug:

DallasRed

Honestly, I don't know why anyone goes to Outback, Applebee's or CIP when we have so many excellent non-chain restaurants around here to choose from.

That's all - just wanted to lodge my complaint. :cheers:

Thanks for starting this thread...Being new to the area...I love reading what restaurants the locals recommend :buddies:

bulldog

Who has the best steak in town? That is about the only thing I like Outback for and I enjoy getting my face around one of their 24oz porterhouse steaks. However, if I can find a non-chain steak that is as good or better, I'm all for it.

Suggestions?

:tap:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Who has the best steak in town? That is about the only thing I like Outback for and I enjoy getting my face around one of their 24oz porterhouse steaks. However, if I can find a non-chain steak that is as good or better, I'm all for it.

Suggestions?

:tap:

Outback steaks aren't what they used to be. I can fix a better steak at home. We still go there though...food is okay, not outstanding. Jaspers in PF has very good steaks. :yay:

lovinmaryland

Outback steaks aren't what they used to be. I can fix a better steak at home. We still go there though...food is okay, not outstanding. Jaspers in PF has very good steaks. :yay:

yuck Outback! We used to go there often and the last 3 or 4 times the food has just been terrible. It was so bad the other night that I literally could not eat the food. (someone must have switched the spices or something because it just tasted like cayenne pepper/fire) Someone had given us a gift card so I didnt complain at the time, but did send them an email a few days later and they sent me gift certificates to go back... but I really just dont want to. Like you said I can make a better steak at home.

bulldog

Well yeah, so can I...especially with venison, but sometimes I want to go and sit at a table, enjoy a beer and conversation with my wife while someone waits on us.

So, I ask again, besides Outback...who has a good steak in this area?

Would maybe hit Jaspers if I'm driving through, but won't go that far just for a steak.