Father reports son to police...

MarieB

We're talking about a peeping Tom - a teenage one at that. I don't consider that sexually deviant behavior. I mean, yeah, if he carries that into adulthood he is a creep who needs some supervision. But a kid... This is nothing new.

If he has other behavior issues, that's worth making a big deal out of. But peeping is rather harmless in the grand scheme of sex crimes. If this is all it is, I would think the shame of having to face the women he's peeped at would be enough to make him quit being a douche.

That said, why are women getting undressed in front of an open window anyway? I'm curious how much effort this kid had to go to in order to peep on them.

I think it's deviant and that he needs counseling. It was more than one or two women

MarieB

Yep, those damn heteros will be the death of our country.. burn them at the stake.

Blah

I think it goes beyond "normal," and I suspect that it may have been the last straw or at minimum other things have happened. I asked quite a few other guys with and without kids, and they all said that he seems to be a budding voyeur

PeoplesElbow

I think it's deviant and that he needs counseling. It was more than one or two women

I think peeping on one specific one would be worse news because that would indicate that he was fixated on one particular woman, obsess, and maybe take it farther in the future. Peeping at every woman he could would just mean he was a run of the mill pervert.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think peeping on one specific one would be worse news because that would indicate that he was fixated on one particular woman, obsess, and maybe take it farther in the future. Peeping at every woman he could would just mean he was a run of the mill pervert.

I agree.

It's not terribly unusual for a teen boy to want to look at women. That's why curtains were invented.

MarieB

Apparently you've never been a victim of a serial peepest

And it would be normal for a kid that age to have a "crush"

And with all the #### available on the Internet, he couldn't get his "kink" out?

acommondisaster

We're talking about a peeping Tom - a teenage one at that. I don't consider that sexually deviant behavior. I mean, yeah, if he carries that into adulthood he is a creep who needs some supervision. But a kid... This is nothing new.

If he has other behavior issues, that's worth making a big deal out of. But peeping is rather harmless in the grand scheme of sex crimes. If this is all it is, I would think the shame of having to face the women he's peeped at would be enough to make him quit being a douche.

That said, why are women getting undressed in front of an open window anyway? I'm curious how much effort this kid had to go to in order to peep on them.

If he's taking pictures of several different women and saving them to a memory stick, it's beyond a teenage peeping tom.

And it's not harmless, it's aberant behavior that could easily turn into something bigger - but even peeping tom is a violation. And how do you know that women are just going to shame him? People call the police for far less. And if it is a sickness, having women "shame" him and make him feel like a "douche" COULD lead to a need to overpower women.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If he's taking pictures of several different women and saving them to a memory stick, it's beyond a teenage peeping tom.

And it's not harmless, it's aberant behavior that could easily turn into something bigger - but even peeping tom is a violation. And how do you know that women are just going to shame him? People call the police for far less. And if it is a sickness, having women "shame" him and make him feel like a "douche" COULD lead to a need to overpower women.

You're right. He's clearly sick and should be put down before he kills someone.

bulldog

Different strokes for different folks.

Daddy Goody Two Shoes has made his decision. It would not be mine, unless the kid had put the pictures on facebook or displayed them to his friends.
Then his actions would be in order. Until then I would be sure it never happened again by my kid, and he would be punished in home.

While the story does not mention it, do you honestly think this kid took these pictures and DID NOT show them to anyone else? Be it on social media or otherwise, the likelihood of him "sharing" them is indeed high and these women have been exposed to more than just the kid who took the pictures.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Blah

I think it goes beyond "normal," and I suspect that it may have been the last straw or at minimum other things have happened. I asked quite a few other guys with and without kids, and they all said that he seems to be a budding voyeur

I'm sorry.. if a boy finds a woman's body sexy and intriguing, that I think is normal.. Now if he wants to go beat those women to death with a hammer? THAT would be deviant...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While the story does not mention it, do you honestly think this kid took these pictures and DID NOT show them to anyone else? Be it on social media or otherwise, the likelihood of him "sharing" them is indeed high and these women have been exposed to more than just the kid who took the pictures.

There's where it gets sticky (ha). Back in the day boys peeped and that was it. Now they can post it to some blog or FB, and it goes viral and is impossible to contain.

So let's pretend that this is some normal teenage boy, basically a good kid but just being stupid and not thinking about the consequences. Should the rest of his life be ruined - does a registered sex offender tag go away at any point? - for something dumb he did without thinking when he was a kid? Now let's think about all the stupid things we did as idiot teens....

I'll be interested in the follow up to see what punishment the kid received.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Should the rest of his life be ruined - does a registered sex offender tag go away at any point? - for something dumb he did without thinking when he was a kid?

Throughout this thread it seems that the fact that juvenile records are typically ordered "sealed" by the judge once certain conditions are met (successfully meeting all terms of probation being one of those) has not been mentioned.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
There's where it gets sticky (ha). Back in the day boys peeped and that was it. Now they can post it to some blog or FB, and it goes viral and is impossible to contain.

So let's pretend that this is some normal teenage boy, basically a good kid but just being stupid and not thinking about the consequences. Should the rest of his life be ruined - does a registered sex offender tag go away at any point? - for something dumb he did without thinking when he was a kid? Now let's think about all the stupid things we did as idiot teens....

I'll be interested in the follow up to see what punishment the kid received.

THIS is along the lines of where I was coming from, as well. Both my kids explored the intrawebs and sought out nekkid pics of wimmens. They were mortified when I found out - because they were not smart enough to realize I could track their cookies. :evil: (even though I had warned them).

After 'splainin' that those sites are nefarious & can have viruses, they were using MY internet and MY IP, and my computer, so no more of it on my equipment. I also told them that was what Playboy was invented for and offered to go buy them some! :jet: (true story and neither took me up on it. :lmao:)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Throughout this thread it seems that the fact that juvenile records are typically ordered "sealed" by the judge once certain conditions are met (successfully meeting all terms of probation being one of those) has not been mentioned.

No such thing..