Favorite Picture

sockgirl77

pixiegirl said:
He started training just after his second b-day but was NEVER consistent with it. A couple of months ago I simply took away the pull-ups. From that day on the closest he's come to having an accident is not being able to get his pants down in time.

Bribery worked with the older. One skittle or M&M for pee and two for poop. He had it within a couple weeks. Baby would not budge, candy, stickers, a calendar, stamps on the hand, nothing... I was genuinely surprised when simply taking the pull-ups away worked so well.
Nothing is working. We bought him the coolest Diego and Cars briefs. We have tried Cheerios, Fruit Loops, Tinkle Targets, PullUps, and bribery with new movies. Nothing. He'll hold it all day at school, get home and go onto the tile floor and squat. :jameo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
1st birthday

Attachments

• Happycake.jpg
    Happycake.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 164

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
sockgirl77 said:
. He'll hold it all day at school, get home and go onto the tile floor and squat. :jameo:
Rub his nose in it and toss him outside, maybey you can at least house break him

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
I swear your baby is J's clone, in mannerisms not looks (obviously :lol:). If this is true, you'll have a sweet, well behaved five year old in a couple years. Gray hair by then too. :roflmao:

The oldest was such an easy baby/toddler/preschooler. That babe is hell on little feet. :jameo: Saturday we were all at my parents for a cookout. We had been in the house and it was way past nap time when something ticked him off. He stormed upstairs to his room and shut the door (would have slammed it but being a couple weeks off 3 he just doesn't have the strength). Opposed to going to him and scolding or punishing him for throwing his little tantrum (and that was VERY mild) I just went outside. Everyone else followed. After a couple minutes I guess he got the idea that no one was coming up to get him and he ventured downstairs only to find that everyone was in the back yard. He comes out the back door shaking his finger at me and yells "Don't you ever come out here without me again!" and then hauls off and whops big pig one (just because he was close I suppose). I got up out of my chair, lifted his leg of his shorts and lit that little leg up. He didn't even bat an eye. He stormed off the deck and went and played on the swingset by himself until it was time for dessert. That kid is something else.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
The oldest was such an easy baby/toddler/preschooler. That babe is hell on little feet. :jameo: Saturday we were all at my parents for a cookout. We had been in the house and it was way past nap time when something ticked him off. He stormed upstairs to his room and shut the door (would have slammed it but being a couple weeks off 3 he just doesn't have the strength). Opposed to going to him and scolding or punishing him for throwing his little tantrum (and that was VERY mild) I just went outside. Everyone else followed. After a couple minutes I guess he got the idea that no one was coming up to get him and he ventured downstairs only to find that everyone was in the back yard. He comes out the back door shaking his finger at me and yells "Don't you ever come out here without me again!" and then hauls off and whops big pig one (just because he was close I suppose). I got up out of my chair, lifted his leg of his shorts and lit that little leg up. He didn't even bat an eye. He stormed off the deck and went and played on the swingset by himself until it was time for dessert. That kid is something else.
Joshua was not easy. I wouldn't have classified him as a bad toddler, but he is very much his own person, and was (and still is, to a lesser extent) very stubborn and opinionated. He is still very straightforward, and will tell it like it is. :lol: Luckily he's developed the sense that there's a time and a place for everything, and his evil side rarely comes out. I'm complimented at least once a week on the fact that he behaves himself in public, as if that's something people should be praising (I don't walk around like a neanderthal at Lowe's, why would that be acceptable for a small person? :lol:)

Rael

Supper's Ready
http://forums.somd.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32015&stc=1&thumb=1
Somebody took a photo of me on the toilet when I was around that age. My older brother always tried using it as blackmail against me until we all got just a little older, so I hid the photo (instead of destroying it, and out of consideration for Mom, it was her's after all....hoping we'd grow out of the blackmail phase) under one of the stair carpets going up to my parents' bedroom.

Well, a few years later when I was a teen they wanted the carpet mats replaced and my brother and I tackled it together. I did the measuring and cutting of the new w/w carpet, and he removed the old. He wasn't as well suited for the new part as much as the remove part!

Well, he discovered that photo and held it higher than I could reach just like we were little kids again...no, the blackmail psychology didn't go away. Still hasn't today BTW...

Something about toilets, but as a kid I always liked pretending I was a pilot and had to sit backwards on the toilet even to pee so I could steer the plane with the lid (yoke)! Even when I was just dressed with a snowsuit (remember those?), I would come in having to pee and it would all have to come off or I wouldn't be able to fly the plane.

Treasure those memories, parents. What a great age. Great photos also...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
These photos were taken last year, but they remain some of my most favorite images of Baby Bubba.

Attachments

• Bubba1.jpg
    Bubba1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Bubba2.jpg
    Bubba2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 258
  • Bubba3.jpg
    Bubba3.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Bubba4.jpg
    Bubba4.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 260

watercolor

yeah yeah
#1- Is her now. About 2 weeks ago. I love the look on her face in this pic.

#2- Was this past christmas. This pic she looks so mischevious!

#3- The first time on roller skates earlier this year!

#4- The first time she rode in a swing.. her face was adoreable.

Attachments

• ireland2007.jpg
    ireland2007.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IrelandChristmas1.jpg
    IrelandChristmas1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 100
  • rollerskates.jpg
    rollerskates.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 116
  • smile1.jpg
    smile1.jpg