Favorite Thing About The Past

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Drive-in movie theaters

Oh Hell Yeah .... GF Drove a 1952 Ford Panel Truck and sneaking friends in the Drive in

we had 4 in this area in 1980

Ft Washington: Super Chief, ABC
Clinton: Ranch Drive in
Waldorf: 301 drive in

Concern4Calvert

Piling into the family station wagon to go visit my Grandmother who lived in Crozet, Va. Back before anyone really wore seat belts, we would bring our pillows with us and sit on the floor of the car with the pillow on the seat and sleep most of the way there.
I also remember riding in the back of pick up trucks when we were little.

please tell me it had wood panels!? im a fan either way

Concern4Calvert

I remember my mother, grandmother and aunt would collect yellow stamps or green stamps, them redeem them for some glassware or other houseware stuff. I think they got them when they went grocery shopping, may be wrong though. I just remember her sticking those damn stamps in a book and being so happy when she got a page filled.

this is a really unique one. i wouldn't know about the stamp thing since its slightly before my time. thanks for sharing!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Everything closed on Sundays.

Being able to take off running at a full sprint any time.

The very real differences place to place within a state, distinct state to state differences.

Lifting the hood and being able to pretty much fix anything. With basic tools.

Believing in the ideas of America

NextJen

Raisin cane
please tell me it had wood panels!? im a fan either way

No wood panels on ours. We had a Ford LTD wagon, maroon, the top over the back part bumped up a little bit....I always thought it looked a little like a hearse. It had those fold down seats in the very back that faced each other.
Our neighbors had the station wagon with the wood panels. For some reason the name 'Country Squire' comes to mind. I'll have to Google it now!

Concern4Calvert

anyone else remember the first car phones?

you know... the big ass box that sat in between the seats with the giant antenna glued to the top of your roof? And lets not forget about the cord earpiece LOL FML

Concern4Calvert

No wood panels on ours. We had a Ford LTD wagon, maroon, the top over the back part bumped up a little bit....I always thought it looked a little like a hearse. It had those fold down seats in the very back that faced each other.
Our neighbors had the station wagon with the wood panels. For some reason the name 'Country Squire' comes to mind. I'll have to Google it now!

without googling, I believe country squire is correct. ours was a gray mercury of some type. my parents drove it until one day it wouldn't go in reverse at church and the girlscouts and myself had to push it out of the parking space so we could get it home. it was traded for an all white grand caravan RIP

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I remember when they’d teach us fire safety in school by showing us burned skinless people on a reel to reel projector.

Last edited: