Favre......again?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Agree, If Rogers gets hurt, season OVER! When the talk was on GB about getting Vick, it would not have been the worst thing in the world.

But Rogers is not 1 hard shot in the shoulder away from being DONE! Brett is now..

And I don't see Vick fitting in well with ya'll... Ya'll need a more accurate QB with your current roster, IMO...

DuffMan

But Rogers is not 1 hard shot in the shoulder away from being DONE! Brett is now..

And I don't see Vick fitting in well with ya'll... Ya'll need a more accurate QB with your current roster, IMO...

Rogers is a tough kid and he proved it last year when he had arm problems.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Rogers is a tough kid and he proved it last year when he had arm problems.

To an extent, EVERY qb in the league is tough when you look at the guys who hit them every week, your not going to find many average joes to take that kind of treatment on a weekly basis and survive :lol:

DuffMan

I guess Favre's consecutive starts is still going on???? I don't think he missed any last year. Maybe some of that rubbed off on Rogers.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ok, here's my query:

What has Brett Favre have to prove? He's what, 40 years old, cannot nearly perform the way he did 10 - 12 seasons ago.

So, what's in it for him now? He can only go downhill, from hereon out, in my opinion. :popcorn:

DuffMan

Ok, here's my query:

What has Brett Favre have to prove? He's what, 40 years old, cannot nearly perform the way he did 10 - 12 seasons ago.

So, what's in it for him now? He can only go downhill, from hereon out, in my opinion. :popcorn:

Think he want's revenge on the Packers organization for picking Rogers over him after he said that he was retiring?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
ok your right!!! looked it up! :buddies:

I do need to apologize though, I didn't think your D was ahead of da bears!

I also didn't realize the Vikes were 6th! I thought they were top 10, but like 9 or 10...

But, here is the link: NFL Stats: by Team Category

Our Div: 3, 4, 5 and 8 (Iggles 3, Skins 4, gnats 5, girls 8)

Your Div: 6, 20, 21, and 32 (Vikes at 6, Pack at 20, bears 21, and I don't think we need to guess on 32 :lmao)

And ya'll play a pretty tough schedule this year, AFC North, NFC East... Going to be an excellent challenge for Rogers this year :yay: Also, for the aging Brett :lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Ok, here's my query:

He's out to prove that Brett Syndrome started way before Pixie Syndrome.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Ok, here's my query:

The only record I think he doesn't have is the oldest player to ever start an NFL game :lmao:

Think he want's revenge on the Packers organization for picking Rogers over him after he said that he was retiring?

Probably, unless he has a hidden gambling problem :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, here's my query:

He doesn't have anything to prove. He likes playing football in the NFL and he wants to play and he's still good enough to play.

He's gonna hand the ball off 30-40 times a game or so. No problems there. Make a run read, take the snap, turn the right way stick it in the RB's stomach.

He's gonna throw it 30-40 times a game or so. A third of those he's not gonna get a finger laid on him.

A third of the time he might have to move around or scramble and might get touched but won't take much of a hit. He's gonna show some age hear but will not be the most lead footed QB in the league.

The rest of the time is the problem. That last third he will be running as hard as he can and getting knocked down hard or ploughed into hard. Or he'll be blindsided or just a run of the mill sack or getting blasted after getting rid of the ball.

How he handles that pounding is his season.

The other tough part will be his reads on pass plays. That demands he's mentally sharp. That and his physical shape are likely to be worn down by seasons end.

DuffMan

I do need to apologize though, I didn't think your D was ahead of da bears!

I also didn't realize the Vikes were 6th! I thought they were top 10, but like 9 or 10...

But, here is the link: NFL Stats: by Team Category

Our Div: 3, 4, 5 and 8 (Iggles 3, Skins 4, gnats 5, girls 8)

Your Div: 6, 20, 21, and 32 (Vikes at 6, Pack at 20, bears 21, and I don't think we need to guess on 32 :lmao)

And ya'll play a pretty tough schedule this year, AFC North, NFC East... Going to be an excellent challenge for Rogers this year :yay: Also, for the aging Brett :lol:

Yeah I'm going to the Green Bay @ Pittsburgh game on Dec 20th. I'm going to freeze my butt off!!! Wife is a Steelers Fan and I of course am a GB fan. Got tickets 45 yd line 6 row up for the Steelers bench. Should be a fun game!

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Yeah I'm going to the Green Bay @ Pittsburgh game on Dec 20th. I'm going to freeze my butt off!!! Wife is a Steelers Fan and I of course am a GB fan. Got tickets 45 yd line 6 row up for the Steelers bench. Should be a fun game!

Hopefully it's a better game for you to watch than it was for us last year when we played Pitt :lol:

Wait... :cds:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The only record I think he doesn't have is the oldest player to ever start an NFL game :lmao:

Probably, unless he has a hidden gambling problem :shrug:

Wouldn't THAT be the ####z! Brett with a gambling issue? :killingme Hadn't thought of that! :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
He doesn't have anything to prove. He likes playing football in the NFL and he wants to play and he's still good enough to play.

He's gonna hand the ball off 30-40 times a game or so. No problems there. Make a run read, take the snap, turn the right way stick it in the RB's stomach.

He's gonna throw it 30-40 times a game or so. A third of those he's not gonna get a finger laid on him.

A third of the time he might have to move around or scramble and might get touched but won't take much of a hit. He's gonna show some age hear but will not be the most lead footed QB in the league.

The rest of the time is the problem. That last third he will be running as hard as he can and getting knocked down hard or ploughed into hard. Or he'll be blindsided or just a run of the mill sack or getting blasted after getting rid of the ball.

How he handles that pounding is his season.

The other tough part will be his reads on pass plays. That demands he's mentally sharp. That and his physical shape are likely to be worn down by seasons end.

Good arguements, Mr. Gude. However, as stated before, you might want to tune in on that Dec. 20th game.

All hell might/could break loose..........BAM!

How'd THAT feel Brett!! :buddies:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Wouldn't THAT be the ####z! Brett with a gambling issue? :killingme Hadn't thought of that! :lmao:

I think he already has a Skoal problem! :killingme

Then again, Brett IS a country boy, and likes to hunt in all..

Have you done any research on how much them african safari's cost :faint: Maybe he wants to be able to afford the big 6 ticket over there :shrug:

And could you imagine the taxidermy(sp) bill from killing all them :faint:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ok, here's my query:

That NFC Championship game against your NY G-men.

He's said it over and over that he wanted to go out like Elway, with a Championship. Last season really burned him the way he declined due to injury. I think he could only sign with a team like the Vikings, a team on the cusp. That gives him at least a chance. I think he can take that team uphill from a year ago whereby they were rated near last in passing but 5th in rushing.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm glad he's back. It will certainly make the season more interesting with a ton of storylines.

Who wants to see Tavaris Jackson behind center for another year anyway?