FBI Raiding Mar-a-Lago/Trump

ginwoman

This is insanity. I am praying and hoping that Trump will come out on top. I wonder if its possible that they "plant" something incriminating in the stuff they took from his home.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Bongino did not mince words this morning on F&F talking about the republicans in congress doing nothing. Laura Ingram last night on her show basically said the same thing. I agree with them both.
Did not see either show.

If Republicans do nothing - Americans are so pizzed they might just take up arms. Oh wait - 2nd thought- many have been threatening to, but never have either.

Bare-ya-cuda

That is only partially a true statement.

You are "held to it forever" in the sense that one is never able to disclose anything. I had a TS for a very short period of time, and I understand the responsibilities precisely. You don't "have it forever". Clearances go inactive, expire, etc. If that were true, I could apply for a job that requires a TS. But I can't, because I don't. That doesn't change because president.
You had a TS clearance? Did you work for the government or a government contractor? Just asking because of hate you have government workers.

Clem72

Once you have a security clearance, you have it and are held to it forever.

Well that's not even remotely true as I am sure many on this forum can attest. Your clearance only lasts as long as your sponsor requires it to last, even if you have an investigation that is "good" for 10 years if you don't have an active sponsor you don't have a clearance.

That said, there is no doubt in my mind an ex-president would still have an active clearance because they are likely still pulled in every once in a while to discuss actions or activities that took place during their administration that were classified.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What really hit me was the (night vision?) video of the agents entering the house with scary black guns ready to light the place up like it was a Chicago drug stash house.

Cowboy UP .... they need to use thier Tacti-Cool Gear and look like a bunch of badasses

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hunter Biden Breathes Sigh Of Relief As FBI Raid Team Passes By His House On Way to Mar-A-Lago

WEST PALM BEACH, FL — High-level Chinese asset and sex trafficker Hunter Biden breathed a sigh of relief this evening as an FBI raid team passed by his West Palm Beach vacation home to raid Donald Trump's residence in Mar-a-Lago.

"Whew! Thought they had me for a minute there," Biden sighed, according to sources before going back to smoking crack with a hooker on a pile of cash freshly delivered by Chinese agents. "Glad to know the FBI is still working for my Dad!"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You had a TS clearance? Did you work for the government or a government contractor? Just asking because of hate you have government workers.
I held a TS/SCI for over 10 years even though the original sponsor's program had shut down after only two years. Seems someone didn't deactivate it when they were supposed to.....

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That said, there is no doubt in my mind an ex-president would still have an active clearance because they are likely still pulled in every once in a while to discuss actions or activities that took place during their administration that were classified.

Peeps on the Forum are NOT Political appointees or Elected Officials

Trump threghted to Pull Clappers and a host of other swap creatures Security Clearances over Russian Collusion Claims

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I held a TS/SCI for over 10 years even though the original sponsor's program had shut down after only two years. Seems someone didn't deactivate it when they were supposed to.....
I'm sure thats nothing when compared to Hemiroids Double-Secret Probationary Clearance. :rolleyes:

Clem72

you are almost certainly conflating your SSBI investigation which provides the ability to be cleared, with your actual clearance which will automatically expire in 5 years and must be re-authorized by an SSO. What likely happened was that your contract expired (or the program shut down) and no one bothered to "read you out". That happens much more often than it should, but it doesn't mean you still had a clearance.

To not be de-activated due to negligence would require you to have been re-investigated (this is not impossible, but someone paid for it) and then an SSO verified you still had a requirement which seems much harder if the program were shut down and you were no longer associated with it.

This is further complicated by the "SCI" bit, which is not actually part of your TS clearance but an "add-on" that is separately verified approved based on the specific type of information you need access to. Two people with different clearance levels (S and TS) can both have the same SCI "tickets" and access the same SCI information. This has it's own reauthorization process, often with a different SSO.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you are almost certainly conflating your SSBI investigation which provides the ability to be cleared, with your actual clearance which will automatically expire in 5 years and must be re-authorized by an SSO.
Nope. Sure wasn't. About 7-8 years after the project closed, I was requested to support another effort that required a TS/SCI. Expecting it would take some time to re-activate the old one or start the whole process anew, the SSO for the new requirement was rather shocked and surprised to find mine already (still) active. Was fine by me..I was in the door and working on the new tasks in record time. ;-) The time it takes to get a clearance these days can be silly long. I doubt that as many cases fall through the cracks these days either...my original TS/SCI was obtained in 1990 or 1991..

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That said, there is no doubt in my mind an ex-president would still have an active clearance
This was basically my point, but I presented it very poorly. Yes, you get downgraded or debriefed, no longer have a need-to-know, but you sign a document saying you are still under the guise of a clearance and held accountable.

I'd be more than surprised if Trump was relieved of all clearances.