FLYERS/PENS Thread

Kerad

Not looking good for the flyers. They lost Kimmo Timonen for the rest of the playoffs from a blood clot in his ankle...

Its never easy for them... Always some drama surrounding the team.

What ever the flyers do, just please dont play Jaraslov Modry. He sucks so bad its not even funny.

That's horrendous news for you guys. Timonen is one of the Flyers that I really respect...hell of a player. Without him back there, that D is looking extremely vulnerable...even more so than usual.

Gonna have to make an adjustment to my prediction. Instead of Pens in 6, maybe 7...it's now Pens in 6, maybe 5.

While I'd prefer watch the Pens play your best players, to be honest....

:yahoo:

:smile:

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Peter Forsberg

That's horrendous news for you guys. Timonen is one of the Flyers that I really respect...hell of a player. Without him back there, that D is looking extremely vulnerable...even more so than usual.

Gonna have to make an adjustment to my prediction. Instead of Pens in 6, maybe 7...it's now Pens in 6, maybe 5.

While I'd prefer watch the Pens play your best players, to be honest....

:yahoo:

:smile:

LET'S GO PENS!!!
So does this mean Sidney will not need to take any dives in this series now? I will get Jagr on him. J/K

Kerad

So does this mean Sidney will not need to take any dives in this series now? I will get Jagr on him. J/K

After seeing some of the Flyers dives this postseason, I'm surprised you still want to bring it up.

I'm assuming Timonen's injury means more ice time for Hatcher...which means even more powerplays for Pittsburgh. :yay:

Peter Forsberg

After seeing some of the Flyers dives this postseason, I'm surprised you still want to bring it up.

I'm assuming Timonen's injury means more ice time for Hatcher...which means even more powerplays for Pittsburgh. :yay:
Your kidding me right??? We get called for looking at the opposite team and your going to actually say we take dives? Come on the stats don't lie we are always in the box for some bullcrap call. You can sleep better at night knowing our best D-Man is out for the series. Just remember this is only 1 of 2 teams to every go from worst to division final the following year. Hey Pens you can't run and hide from us this time. I don't expect to win the series but we will give it one helluva effort.

Kerad

Your kidding me right??? We get called for looking at the opposite team and your going to actually say we take dives? Come on the stats don't lie we are always in the box for some bullcrap call. You can sleep better at night knowing our best D-Man is out for the series. Just remember this is only 1 of 2 teams to every go from worst to division final the following year. Hey Pens you can't run and hide from us this time. I don't expect to win the series but we will give it one helluva effort.

My favorite Flyers "dive" this post season was against Montreal when Richards lied motionless for a few seconds after getting checked as the play continued....pretending to be unconscious. Once it was obvious that the ref wasn't going to whistle the play dead, he miraculously hopped back on his skates and took a pass which he fired on net. :killingme

The reason the Flyers are always in the box is because they take so many penalties. Most of 'em are because of a speed mismatch, leading to a hold, hook, trip, or interference. Then there are the undisciplined penalties they take when they want to goon it up. Hatcher in particular is good for at least one or two of those a game. :yay:

I fully expect the Flyers to bring their best and make this series a tough one to get through. I think I give them plenty of respect by figuring it could go 6.

As for the "run and hide" comment...how Phillyish of you. Yes, everyone's soooo scared of the big bad Flyers. :bigwhoop: :lol:

"It can't be expressed, the fear we feel," Penguins left winger Gary Roberts said, sarcasm lacing every syllable.

LordStanley

I know nothing
My favorite Flyers "dive" this post season was against Montreal when Richards lied motionless for a few seconds after getting checked as the play continued....pretending to be unconscious. Once it was obvious that the ref wasn't going to whistle the play dead, he miraculously hopped back on his skates and took a pass which he fired on net. :killingme

The reason the Flyers are always in the box is because they take so many penalties. Most of 'em are because of a speed mismatch, leading to a hold, hook, trip, or interference. Then there are the undisciplined penalties they take when they want to goon it up. Hatcher in particular is good for at least one or two of those a game. :yay:

I fully expect the Flyers to bring their best and make this series a tough one to get through. I think I give them plenty of respect by figuring it could go 6.

As for the "run and hide" comment...how Phillyish of you. Yes, everyone's soooo scared of the big bad Flyers. :bigwhoop: :lol:

get it right.... If your going to drop names and least drop the right one.

It was Jeff Hartnell:killingme

Kerad

get it right.... If your going to drop names and least drop the right one.

It was Jeff Hartnell:killingme

My mistake. :yay:

I remember thinking "Oh, man. They gotta stop the play, I think he's knocked out." Then the camera followed the puck, moving him off-frame. Next thing you know, there he is, standing up and shooting the puck. :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
My mistake. :yay:

I remember thinking "Oh, man. They gotta stop the play, I think he's knocked out." Then the camera followed the puck, moving him off-frame. Next thing you know, there he is, standing up and shooting the puck. :lol:

Edit :lol:

Hell, I cant even get the players names right. Scott Hartnell

Kerad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I concede now! :lol:

Nope.

Watch him be the MVP of the Flyers' series....:lol:

It's almost time....I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To an entertaining series! :cheers:

Peter Forsberg

At least a team from PA will be in the FINALS. I expected the Flyers to come out and say they can win without Kimmo.. Honestly, I'm iffy on that. I think the first game is the crucial game for the Flyers. The Biron wall must continue to dominate.

Since were talking hockey. I just saw an interview with Kolzig and basically he said Washington never talked to him about his future with CAPS. 19 yrs and that's how you treat a player. He also got choked up at the end of the interview. What a crap organization the Washington Capitals are. The Caps will never win a CUP if that is how they treat players that have spent thier entire career with them. Nobody will want to play in Washington.

Last edited:

Kerad

At least a team from PA will be in the FINALS. I expected the Flyers to come out and say they can win without Kimmo.. Honestly, I'm iffy on that. I think the first game is the crucial game for the Flyers. The Biron wall must continue to dominate.

I think the Flyers came out figuring their defense was so weak that they might as well just turn this into an offensive onslaught. Just go all out trying to score and let the D lay where it will.

I can't disagree with that theory as it was....but...we'll see. It was a tough matchup against the Penguins as it was. Without Kimmo........ :shrug: