FLYERS/PENS Thread

Kerad

Yes...

The Mighty Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins held serve in game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Flyers came out and played a disciplined game...but the results were the same.

Attachments

• Malkin goal game 1.jpg
    Malkin goal game 1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Kerad

What is this craziness????

I was certain that the few Flyers fans were gonna sprint on here and tell us how the Refs made them lose. Or that Crosby dove. Or....the NHL wants them to lose!!! :jameo:

Sure is quiet.....

:shrug:

:cheers:

AndyMarquisLIVE

I was certain that the few Flyers fans were gonna sprint on here and tell us how the Refs made them lose. Or that Crosby dove. Or....the NHL wants them to lose!!! :jameo:

Sure is quiet.....

It was fixed Kerad. The Caps and the Pens are going to meet for the conference finals. :yay:

Oh...wait a minute. :ohwell:

T

TwilightImaging

Malkin's curve is illegal. Sykora has illegal skates. Hossa stole the puck and charges are pending!

Missed the game but heard it was a good one.
Go AVS!!

AndyMarquisLIVE

You should worry about how effed up the Washington Craptials organization is and the way they treated Olie Kolzig. Don't forget your sitting at home because we sent your Crapitals packing.
:evil:
Caps made it to the playoffs. No worries here mate.

The Jaguars (NFL) and Capitals (NHL) have been the losing teams more times than not, so I'm used to it. :yay:

:lmao:

Peter Forsberg

Sure is quiet.....

Do you expect me to cry? Nope we played like crap. Malkin cherry picked on 1 goal. I honestly thought he was offsides on his other goal and Biron gift wraped another. What can I say. I told you we were in trouble with Timmo out.

Peter Forsberg

I have to get something off my chest. It is obvious that the Pens fans at the game are clueless. Evertime Malkin or Crosby are touched they want a penalty. Score is now 2-2.. Also the new rules suck

LordStanley

I know nothing
I didnt get a chance to watch the game yesterday. I was too busy doing mothers day stuff with the Family.

When I heard we lost Coburn, there was no reason to even try and watch the game.

The flyers loosing Timonen and Coburn is like the pens loosing Crosby and Malkin....

I hope they get thier act together and take the next 2 at home.

AndyMarquisLIVE

How about them Crapitals!!! It just shows how ignorant you are.

Like I said mate, I'm a Jaguars fan. There ain't nothing you could say about the "Crapitals" that would upset me. The Jaguars sucked (up until last year). :lol: And let's not even talk about the Redskins. :nono:

Philly's losing. Plain and simple. So take it out on your team, not me.

:buttkick:

Kerad

I have to get something off my chest. It is obvious that the Pens fans at the game are clueless. Evertime Malkin or Crosby are touched they want a penalty. Score is now 2-2.. Also the new rules suck

Oh please. In every arena in every city the bulk of the fans all act the same way. Philly's fans are just as bad, if not worse than most. They like to act all tough and crap, but they whine and cry nonstop about just about everything related to the game.

The officiating was terrible yesterday...no doubt. The refs were calling it even, though. Bunch of ticky tack calls. But, according the rulebook...all were penalties. They missed a bunch of stuff, too...but that's nothing new, either. Part of the game.

And I was absolutely stunned that they called that 2nd Crosby goal a no-goal, upon review. There were 2 angles that (IMO) showed it obviously crossed the line...but Toronto played it safe. So much for The Conspiracy Theory. :lol:

Flyers played a good game, especially with the loss of Coburn. It just wasn't enough....as the Penguins were certainly not playing their "A" game and still played good enough for the victory. :yay:

Peter Forsberg

Oh please. In every arena in every city the bulk of the fans all act the same way. Philly's fans are just as bad, if not worse than most. They like to act all tough and crap, but they whine and cry nonstop about just about everything related to the game.

The officiating was terrible yesterday...no doubt. The refs were calling it even, though. Bunch of ticky tack calls. But, according the rulebook...all were penalties. They missed a bunch of stuff, too...but that's nothing new, either. Part of the game.

And I was absolutely stunned that they called that 2nd Crosby goal a no-goal, upon review. There were 2 angles that (IMO) showed it obviously crossed the line...but Toronto played it safe. So much for The Conspiracy Theory. :lol:

Flyers played a good game, especially with the loss of Coburn. It just wasn't enough....as the Penguins were certainly not playing their "A" game and still played good enough for the victory. :yay:
You brought up the refs and yes once again they were terrible. Hatchers penalty that lead to a PP goal was terrible. Also how in the world did they miss Malkins cheap shot elbow to Briere's head? New NHL sucks because they are so inconsistent.

Kerad

You brought up the refs and yes once again they were terrible. Hatchers penalty that lead to a PP goal was terrible. Also how in the world did they miss Malkins cheap shot elbow to Briere's head? New NHL sucks because they are so inconsistent.

Well, yesterday they were consistent...consistently bad.

Hatcher got a bad break on the hooking call against Malkin. They way the two were battling led to Hatcher's stick getting into that "can opener" position...which technically is illegal. But then again, most people watching the play would've considered that coincidental contact and let it go.

Briere got hosed twice. Once with the non-call on Malkin. My only guess with that is that since Briere was ducking his head, maybe they decided to not call the elbow since his head should not have been there? :shrug: Either that or they didn't see it. It should've been called if it were seen. Also Briere's goalie interference was weak.

There were some lame calls against Pittsburgh, as well. Either Dupuis or Sykora got called for something weak. And there were the usual highsticks to the face that didn't get called. The refs were consistent in calling the boarderline stuff, while missing some of the obvious...for both sides. And I know at least one of Ruutu's unsportsmanlike conduct calls were just because he's Jarkko Ruutu. :lol:

But you can't blame this on the "new" rules. This is the third year with 'em...no excuse for not knowing how it's going to get called. The thing is that some officials let the teams get away with the ticky tack stuff, while others call it exactly as spelled out in the rulebook. As long as it's applied the same way for both teams in any given game, the teams should know what the deal is after the first couple calls or so.