FLYERS/PENS Thread

Kerad

:shrug: Crosby's got talent, and is a great hockey player. He's already proven that. :shrug:

He's just not as good as Ovechkin. :shrug:

Oh please....obviously you haven't watched enough hockey to know that Ovechkin and Crosby play different styles. Ovechkin is better at his style of game, and Crosby is better at his.

The Caps fans have the player they think is better, and the Penguins fans have the player(s) they think are better. Everyone's happy.

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
:lol:

It's kind of hard for a guy to talk smack about the team that eliminated his team from the playoffs.

In the first round no less :lol:

Im just chillin, quietly in the wings for now... I really have nothing to add about the flyers/pens series.

All I can say is atleast we didnt get swept.

Last night I through a suprise party for my wife. Wasnt home to watch the game. My thoughts was, Id rather not watch a win than to watch a loss.

Sadly we ended up at a place with a TV and I caught parts of the game.

got home and saw the last 2 minutes :faint:

Kerad

In the first round no less :lol:

Im just chillin, quietly in the wings for now... I really have nothing to add about the flyers/pens series.

All I can say is atleast we didnt get swept.

Last night I through a suprise party for my wife. Wasnt home to watch the game. My thoughts was, Id rather not watch a win than to watch a loss.

Sadly we ended up at a place with a TV and I caught parts of the game.

got home and saw the last 2 minutes :faint:

I never expected the Penguins to sweep the Flyers, and after they went up 3-0, I still thought the Flyers would probably win game 4, just like the Rangers did in their series. I fully expect the Penguins to win game 5 on Sunday. If they don't, it's not time to panic...but I'd be surprised. I can't remember the last time the Pens lost 2 games in a row.

And not that they need it, but that goonish crap the Flyers pulled at the end of the game didn't accomplish anything but fuel the Penguins' motivation for Sunday. I guess the Flyers were feeling all manly because they didn't get swept. :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
I never expected the Penguins to sweep the Flyers, and after they went up 3-0, I still thought the Flyers would probably win game 4, just like the Rangers did in their series. I fully expect the Penguins to win game 5 on Sunday. If they don't, it's not time to panic...but I'd be surprised. I can't remember the last time the Pens lost 2 games in a row.

And not that they need it, but that goonish crap the Flyers pulled at the end of the game didn't accomplish anything but fuel the Penguins' motivation for Sunday. I guess the Flyers were feeling all manly because they didn't get swept. :lol:

Call it what you want. At least they finally showed some life...

Kerad

What was your coach thinking putting Cindy on the ice at the end of the game? Duhhh

Still was time left in the game...time enough for a quick goal. Unlike the Flyers in game 3, the Penguins didn't give up on the game until the final horn sounded.

Kerad

Id give my right foot for a chance to get the cup. :whistle:

Not me.

the thing with blood clots isn't that he will lose his leg...it's that the clot will loosen and work it's way to the brain, heart, or lungs.

I'd be surprised if he plays tomorrow. And if he does, I'd be worried.

Were both of these defensemen injured after the All-Star break...prior to the playoffs?

Peter Forsberg

:yay: I wonder if Timonen is truly healthy. That's a heck of a fast recovery from a blood clot.
The doc said the clot has stayed the same size and Timmo said he going to skate today and see how he feels. He still loses feeling in his toes and has some pain when he skates but says he takes shots that help the pain. Timmo got hurt in game 4 and played game 5 of Habs series. From the interview it sounded like he is going to play. Will see.

Last edited:

Kerad

The doc said the clot has stayed the same size and Timmo said he going to skate today and see how he feels. He still loses feeling in his toes and has some pain when he skates but says he takes shots that help the pain. Timmo got hurt in game 4 and played game 5 of Habs series. From the interview it sounded like he is going to play. Will see.

Flyers docs have a history of getting it wrong. I respect Timmo, and I hope he doesn't get screwed by desperation from above.

The Flyers will lose game 5 with or without Timmo. Even if he plays, he's rusty and out of game shape and out of game rhythm.

It's not like the Penguins didn't kick some Flyers butt with him in the lineup. :lol:

Seriously. I hope he doesn't get worse by this decision to rush him back. :yay:

Peter Forsberg

Flyers docs have a history of getting it wrong. I respect Timmo, and I hope he doesn't get screwed by desperation from above.

The Flyers will lose game 5 with or without Timmo. Even if he plays, he's rusty and out of game shape and out of game rhythm.

It's not like the Penguins didn't kick some Flyers butt with him in the lineup. :lol:

Seriously. I hope he doesn't get worse by this decision to rush him back. :yay:
Doc's say there is no risk. That's dedication. Crosby sits a month when he sprains his big toe.

Kerad

Doc's say there is no risk. That's dedication. Crosby sits a month when he sprains his big toe.

:lol: You have bad information regarding Crosby's injury.

That's good to hear there's no risk to Timonen. :yay:

I've been reading the flu has been going around the Penguins locker room. Not good...though it's much better with a 3-1 lead.