FLYERS/PENS Thread

Kerad

It will be an interesting Final that's for sure. Let's see if they call the Wings vs Pens series the same way they called the Flyers vs Pens series. Little bit of advice don't touch Malkin.

Oh look, a Flyers fan whining about officiating. Imagine that.

Wachovia should just sell the arena naming rights to Kleenex.

Attachments

• Cryers tissue.jpg
    Cryers tissue.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 20

AndyMarquisLIVE

He wasn't whining about the officiating during the Cryers-Caps series, which CSN called them out on several times.

Kerad, You should know by now, it's playoff hockey and it's all fair game, unless the Cryers are losing. :rolleyes:

T

toppick08

Y'all ain't got a chance against Detroit.........:popcorn:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Backtracking already? :lol:

Pittsburgh's got a good chance against Detroit.

Of course Pittsburgh is still playing Philly at the moment...so you're hopping on the Detroit bandwagon a bit early, when it comes to Pittsburgh.
That's because tp and pf know Philly's done, stick a fork in them. :dead:

Peter Forsberg

Call it what you want but that was no hook on Hatcher for the Pens first goal. That change the momentum of the game. I'm not whining I'm proud of the boys for what they have accomplished. Worst in NHL to Eastern Conference Finals. Well done boys.

Kerad

Call it what you want but that was no hook on Hatcher for the Pens first goal. That change the momentum of the game. I'm not whining I'm proud of the boys for what they have accomplished. Worst in NHL to Eastern Conference Finals. Well done boys.

Hatcher was no more innocent on his hooking call than was Hossa. Or anyone else that got called for hooking. The refs were calling hooking the same way for both teams....which is the way it should be.

Were the calls borderline? No doubt about it.
Were they called the same way for both teams? No doubt about it.

The difference is the Penguins were 1 for 2 on their PP, where Philly went 0 for 3 on theirs.

By the way, Whitney's PP goal (with Hatcher in the box) came at 5:03 of the first period. The fact that the Flyers couldn't change momentum during the 55 minutes that followed speaks of many other problems.

Peter Forsberg

Yet you call the Caps the Crapitals. :eyebrow:

:pete:
They are Crap... Olie sold his soul to that team for 19 years and they treat him like dirt. He stayed with them when they dumped everybody who could skate during the strike but Olie stayed and played as best he could. Face it you don't know these things because your not a hockey fan. Did you google icing yet? I can keep going... Peter Bondra is next. :evil:

AndyMarquisLIVE

They are Crap... Olie sold his soul to that team for 19 years and they treat him like dirt. He stayed with them when they dumped everybody who could skate during the strike but Olie stayed and played as best he could. Face it you don't know these things because your not a hockey fan. Did you google icing yet? I can keep going... Peter Bondra is next. :evil:
The Capitals made a move they needed to get into playoff contention.

They're a business, and they're there to win. You should know that there is very little loyalty in any professional sport.

Peter Forsberg

And you care, why exactly? :eyebrow:

I feel bad for Ollie, but the Caps made a move to win not to continue to be the crap team they were up until now.
I care because i'm a hockey fan and to be honest if the Craps were still in the playoffs I would be pulling for them in the playoffs. Why, because they have the best player in the world in Ovechkin. Ollie agreed he didn't have to start but wanted to remain a Crapital. The organization said not a word to him about staying with the team at all, even as a backup. They kicked him to the curb... Bondra was the same way he wanted to remain a Cap but they blew him off also. Low class I tell ya...

AndyMarquisLIVE

I care because i'm a hockey fan and to be honest if the Craps were still in the playoffs I would be pulling for them in the playoffs. Why, because they have the best player in the world in Ovechkin. Ollie agreed he didn't have to start but wanted to remain a Crapital. The organization said not a word to him about staying with the team at all, even as a backup. They kicked him to the curb... Bondra was the same way he wanted to remain a Cap but they blew him off also. Low class I tell ya...
I agree, it sucks for Ollie Kolzig. I liked Ollie. :frown:

But, the Capitals did what they felt they had to do. :shrug:

Ovechkin is a beast on the ice and it a lot of fun to watch. But, the Caps can't win with a one-man team. They have to put a full package together. Without Ovechkin, the rest of the team is nothing. Without the rest of the team, Ovechkin is nothing.

It sucks, but that's showbusiness for you (and professional sports is showbusiness).

Kerad

Oldie the Goalie

Hey...as much as I hate the Caps, Kolzig was a great goaltender, and is a great guy. The ultimate team player. He could have left the Caps for more money a few years ago...and maybe could've won a Cup...either starting or as backup.

That said.

Kolzig is not what he used to be, in net. The Caps made an awesome deadline deal by getting Huet...for basically nothing.

I guarantee you Habs fans are not too happy with that trade, today.

With Huet in the lineup, the backup should be Brent Johnson.

Simply put, there is no more room for Kolzig in the Caps lineup.

Kolzig is a class act...no doubt. But when the opposing team's fans (Me, with the Penguins) hope that Kolzig is in net...that's not good.

Kolzig was an awesome Capital. But, too be honest...the Caps carried him longer than most teams would've.