Follow up...

G

GVF

You all seem to read into things what you want. I have said repeatedly over and over and over and over that I PM'ed a mod about an "ad", since it technically was not one from my point of veiw. I then said, I was sorry.and yes..I DID apologize in the thread for any misunderstanding on my part if there were any. However, at that point you all kept going and going and going (as you are now) and I told you I did not appreciate it and to back off.. that I would not take it. You all keep going on and on and on to rub something in one's face- it gets quite old... I am simply stating my distaste for what you are doing. I am not going on any of your threads- or anyone else's going on and on and on.

I HAVE respected you all- I have not threatened- just informed you all, I will NOT take it. and I WILL NOT. Got it? No threat- just a FACT.

As for my Christianity- do NOT go there with me. I can pray for whom I want, and it seems to me, there are alot of people here who need it. That is again, MY opinion, and right to do so.

Country - I DID follow the rules, every other instance I have placed an ad- this was an odd circumstance, hence why I PM the mods for clarification and to send money in leu of an ad, but not place one- I don't appreciate your comments on my Christianity.

I will be the bigger person now and apologize to you all for any offense you have taken with my comment, beliefs, and stand on things. I am not backing down though. Now-- your turn to aplogize...and we all can walk away from this agreement that Obviously will never be settled.... truce?

Last edited by a moderator:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
You all seem to read into things what you want. I have said repeatedly over and over and over and over that I PM'ed a mod about an "ad", since it technically was not one from my point of veiw. I then said, I was sorry.and yes..I DID apologize in the thread for any misunderstanding on my part if there were any. However, at that point you all kept going and going and going (as you are now) and I told you I did not appreciate it and to back off.. that I would not take it. You all keep going on and on and on to rub something in one's face- it gets quite old... I am simply stating my distaste for what you are doing. I am not going on any of your threads- or anyone else's going on and on and on.

I HAVE respected you all- I have not threatened- just informed you all, I will NOT take it. and I WILL NOT. Got it? No threat- just a FACT.

As for my Christianity- do NOT go there with me. I can pray for whom I want, and it seems to me, there are alot of people here who need it. That is again, MY opinion, and right to do so.

Country - I DID follow the rules, every other instance I have placed an ad- this was an odd circumstance, hence why I PM the mods for clarification and to send money in leu of an ad, but not place one- I don't appreciate your comments on my Christianity.

I will be the bigger person now and apologize to you all for any offense you have taken with my comment, beliefs, and stand on things. I am not backing down though. Now-- your turn to aplogize...and we all can walk away from this agreement that Obviously will never be settled.... truce?

I am sorry that you took offense, really.
My intent was not to offend, but point out that your apologizing followed by a threat/insult, doesn’t appear genuine. THAT’S ALL! Not sure if you noticed that or not.

Acts of Righteousness
In Matthew 6:1 Jesus warns the people to not give alms in front of people with the goal of being seen by them. He says that we will receive no reward from God for that.

….Same can be said here about Prayer

I have nothing but this to say about YOUR Christianity:

IF YOU TALK THE TALK, WALK THE WALK!

That can be said to anybody with whatever belief system, without being offensive. If you preach religion, then ensure your actions agree with your words, or it means nothing!

WAY too may folks spout Christianity for the world to hear, but their actions are the farthest from it. Take for example a lot of folks driving down the road with the Christian fish on their car bumper: an outward LABLE of who they are and what they are all about. But I have found a lot of time they are the very ones to dangerously cut you off in traffic, as if where they have to go is more righteous that anyone else.

Same can be said about some folks that fly the American flag. I have seen a lot of very un-American people fly the American flag.

You’re the one who brought religion in to this thread.

But your prayers offered come with and insult to whom you offered them too. Kinda defeats the purpose is all.

Your religious views are between you and the higher power in which you believe. I am sure, like other people with a belief system, you have growth to do in that area as well.

So, pray on!

You can present an outward appearance of holiness daily and still serve as a poor Christian witness. To live as a Christian requires having the character of Christ.

If you claim to Christianity as your TRUMP CARD, then I would think one's inner character and outward behavior should be reflective of the ethical implications of the Christian Belief. :imjustsaying::whistle:

WWJD?
GOLDEN RULE?

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Good lord. Is this thread still going :popcorn:
She want to make sure everyone know she's not about to take any ####, and she doesn't care how crazy sho looks when she does it. I kind of expect this one to end with a slam.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
You all seem to read into things what you want. I have said repeatedly over and over and over and over that I PM'ed a mod about an "ad", since it technically was not one from my point of veiw.

ALMOST FORGOT:
THE RULE: Please do not advertise or solicit for your business in our forums. If you would like to advertise on Southern Maryland Online, please contact our sales team by using the Feedback Form.

Like I said grey area, so I PM’ed the MOD and got a VERY QUICK RESPONSE to my question.

RULE on advertising for your business in the forum???
DeeJay said:
CountryLady said:
RULE:
Please do not advertise or solicit for your business in our forums. If you would like to advertise on Southern Maryland Online, please contact our sales team by using the Feedback Form.

MY question:
If you place an add in somd.com classifieds and link it to your forum post is that acceptable?

this is the unwritten rule that everybody seems to agree with!

what is the verdict? IS THIS OK OR NOT???
If you place an ad in the classifieds, it is indeed okay to link to it in the forums. Lots of people do it, and it's always been fine.

Some people want to advertise their stuff ONLY in the forums, and that goofs up the classifieds traffic. We make our money solely on advertising, but even the free classified ads generate traffic, which encourages others to use the classifieds and advertise.

Thank you for asking! Most people just throw it out there and wait for me or other posters to smack them down. :lol:

RESPONSE TIME 10 minutes! JUST SAYING!!!
Thank you DeeJay:buddies:

G

GVF

I apologized at the end of my thread and yet still you all go on and on and on and on and on and on and on (and on and on and on and on......and you call me crazy for standing firm) THIS is the problem I am having with you all. As for the "rules" that has been beat to death- I GET IT- I APOLOGIZED. Enough!!!!!!! DROP IT.... I'm not giving in on you..and you don't like it. That is basically what this is coming down to. Guess what...I'm not going to either. What do you all think you look like when you keep at it after an apology and attempted truce? Don't forget, when you point a finger,you have 3 pointing back at you.

Still, I respectfully wish you a wonderful afternoon.
:buddies:

Cowgirl

I apologized at the end of my thread and yet still you all go on and on and on and on and on and on and on (and on and on and on and on......and you call me crazy for standing firm) THIS is the problem I am having with you all. As for the "rules" that has been beat to death- I GET IT- I APOLOGIZED. Enough!!!!!!! DROP IT.... I'm not giving in on you..and you don't like it. That is basically what this is coming down to. Guess what...I'm not going to either. What do you all think you look like when you keep at it after an apology and attempted truce? Don't forget, when you point a finger,you have 3 pointing back at you.

Just an idea, but if you STOP posting they will too. :yay:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

You should stop. Really.

G

GVF

Just an idea, but if you STOP posting they will to. :yay:

I know- that's what they want, but sorry, I don't work that way. I don't give in. They will learn... I'll let it go on for years if they choose to keep it up. This is not funny to me as it is them. I would not want to see it done to anyone. By taking a stand, I do so for everyone thay have treated this way who is scared to come post here because of things just like this.

PrepH4U

I know- that's what they want, but sorry, I don't work that way. I don't give in. They will learn... I'll let it go on for years if they choose to keep it up. This is not funny to me as it is them. I would not want to see it done to anyone. By taking a stand, I do so for everyone thay have treated this way who is scared to come post here because of things just like this.

You are a true saint! Continue to fight the good fight!

I wish the gentle kinder forum would return.... :whistle: These horse people are just crazy. :crazy:

CountryLady

luvmyponies

Just so you know, I liked your original thread. THIS ONE,.... ridiculous!!

Someone pointed out that your thread was leaning toward breaking the rule.
You could have just put a free ad on somd. PROBLEM SOLVED!
I do not see that as the issue any longer.

Is there a cliquish mentality here in the horse forum?? Yeah IMO there is.

But you decided to delete your ad and repost a whole discussion thread as a “follow up” on why people should mind their own business where YOUR threads are concerned. And how there cliquish behavior ganging up on you because you feel they don’t like you. I don’t see that as the case here. You had posted several lines saying on one hand that you were going to be respectful while on the other you were rude and disrespectful. Don’t you see that?

THAT is the attitude that drew in the non-regular-horse-forum-posters, pinging on the hypocritical things you said. I never once called you names. Niether did the formite that called you out on the potential rule breaking. Were some of the regulars kinda rude, yeah maybe. But that was after several posts of you getting all spun up on the private horse club clique ganging up on you. They did not even get a chance to say a word and you were already flippin out! LOL

That is why I said the heat musta been getting folks. :killingme

Yes, there were a few people that started to be rude at that point towards you. But they did it without claiming to be respectful. That is where I had the problem with what you said. You can’t talk out of both sides of your mouth and expect not to get called on it. Just saying! Kinda like being caught in a lie. What I saw you saying was a contradiction in terms. Kinda like haveing a straight-talking politician. You tried disquising your rudeness, etc... by saying you were respectful, etc.... Doesn't make it any more true.

:cds:
So PLEASE don’t go on and on and on and on about how respectful you are by taking a stand with your tuff attitude and rigid BACKBONE, when in every other post you are rude, hypocritical, threatening discounting peoples points of view, and depicting a higher than thou mentality. If you can’t see where you were these things, I’d be glad to show them too you. You should do some policing of your own posts and you might see your mixed message. I was merely pointing that out. I am trying to be gentle and kind, just observant of a behavior that I saw (everyone saw).:coffee:
:howdy:

Quite frankly, as I stated before, I think you should delete THIS THREAD!
:diva:

PrepH4U

Just so you know, I liked your original thread. THIS ONE,.... ridiculous!!

Someone pointed out that your thread was leaning toward breaking the rule.
You could have just put a free ad on somd. PROBLEM SOLVED!
I do not see that as the issue any longer.

Is there a cliquish mentality here in the horse forum?? Yeah IMO there is.

But you decided to delete your ad and repost a whole discussion thread as a “follow up” on why people should mind their own business where YOUR threads are concerned. And how there cliquish behavior ganging up on you because you feel they don’t like you. I don’t see that as the case here. You had posted several lines saying on one hand that you were going to be respectful while on the other you were rude and disrespectful. Don’t you see that?

THAT is the attitude that drew in the non-regular-horse-forum-posters, pinging on the hypocritical things you said. I never once called you names. Niether did the formite that called you out on the potential rule breaking. Were some of the regulars kinda rude, yeah maybe. But that was after several posts of you getting all spun up on the private horse club clique ganging up on you. They did not even get a chance to say a word and you were already flippin out! LOL

That is why I said the heat musta been getting folks. :killingme

Yes, there were a few people that started to be rude at that point towards you. But they did it without claiming to be respectful. That is where I had the problem with what you said. You can’t talk out of both sides of your mouth and expect not to get called on it. Just saying! Kinda like being caught in a lie. What I saw you saying was a contradiction in terms. Kinda like haveing a straight-talking politician. You tried disquising your rudeness, etc... by saying you were respectful, etc.... Doesn't make it any more true.

:cds:
So PLEASE don’t go on and on and on and on about how respectful you are by taking a stand with your tuff attitude and rigid BACKBONE, when in every other post you are rude, hypocritical, threatening discounting peoples points of view, and depicting a higher than thou mentality. If you can’t see where you were these things, I’d be glad to show them too you. You should do some policing of your own posts and you might see your mixed message. I was merely pointing that out. I am trying to be gentle and kind, just observant of a behavior that I saw (everyone saw).:coffee:
:howdy:

Quite frankly, as I stated before, I think you should delete THIS THREAD!
:diva:
The sky fairy is crying :killingme :movingalong:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'll keep pushing the crazy ladies button, not like I've got anything pressing going on.