Football Pool - Week 1

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
10-4

So far... not to shabby... if I would have known Steve Smith wasnt going to play earlier, I wouldnt have picked Carolina.

But other than that, I dont think I would have picked differently anywhere else.

After tonight 12-4 :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I don't think I could have done worse if I tried. Maybe next week I'll let my kids choose for me.

My points for tonight: 24

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
otter said:
10-4??????

I thought thats what my picks were.... lemme go back and double check... or I may have missed a game... but I thought over the weekend, with my picks I went 10wins, 4 loses...

Correct me if Im wrong though :yay:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Softballkid said:
I thought thats what my picks were.... lemme go back and double check... or I may have missed a game... but I thought over the weekend, with my picks I went 10wins, 4 loses...

Correct me if Im wrong though :yay:

SH*T... i forgot about the point spread :doh:

I might have went 500... i dont remember scores well enough...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Softballkid said:
SH*T... i forgot about the point spread :doh:

I might have went 500... i dont remember scores well enough...

.500 is right..14 games so far, 7-7..but you have your 5 pointer tonight.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just waitin' to hear it..................
Blame it all on special teams, John Hall..........:killingme
& How 'bout dem Face Masks

Last edited:

Agee

FireBrand said:

Let the games begin...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Week 1

PT 14
Otter 13
Daddy-O 12
Donbar 12
Larry 11
Firebrand 11
Gumbo 9
MMDad 9
Airgasm 8
SBK 8
Pete 7
BuddyLee 7
MM 6

mainman

Set Trippin
otter said:
PT 14
Otter 13
Daddy-O 12
Donbar 12
Larry 11
Firebrand 11
Gumbo 9
MMDad 9
Airgasm 8
SBK 8
Pete 7
BuddyLee 7
MM 6
Now that I've given you slackers a fair start....:jet:

donbarzini

mainman said:
Now that I've given you slackers a fair start....:jet:

And don't think that we don't appreciate it. We truly fear your prognostication skills.

(pssst...do you think he bought that line of *&%^...?)

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
FireBrand said:

As I was there, I can do plenty of complaining :yay:

1 - Our defense looked sluggish, our corners looked weak, Archie looked like a puss..it didnt help that our Nickel corner goes out on the opening kick off, and Shawn Springs was our running around and all before the game, I think he needs to go ahead and suit up, he looked good running around carrying on before the game..and we STILL are not running many blitzes.... which IS NOT SKINS style D...

2 - The Viks were 9-17 on 3rd down, 7 of which were either 3 an 7 or more which they made 1st downs on.

3 - Cooley, one of the best TE/HB in the League, and you throw him the ball once, twice....:bs: he was wide open on MANY occasions.

4 - John Hall kicked the ball a total of 70 yards on that last kick, 57 yards long (as the ball landed 7 rows into the stands) and 13 yards left.... and they call him clutch...

5 - Chris Samuels needs to wake up, he was on his ass alot last night, missing blocks, and everything else...

6 - WHERE THE HELL WAS DUCKETT :confused: 1 and goal on the 6... which we settle for a field goal... PUT IN THE BIG BOY... its part of the reason we got him!

ALL the money we spent on players, and we couldnt get a friggin KICKER... Vanderjact, Viniteri(sp), I mean... come on now....

7 - I am venting, I am not yet worried because I know we will come around... but yet, I am dissapointed in the way we played last night.

mainman

Set Trippin
Softballkid said:
As I was there, I can do plenty of complaining :yay:

1 - Our defense looked sluggish, our corners looked weak, Archie looked like a puss..it didnt help that our Nickel corner goes out on the opening kick off, and Shawn Springs was our running around and all before the game, I think he needs to go ahead and suit up, he looked good running around carrying on before the game..and we STILL are not running many blitzes.... which IS NOT SKINS style D...

2 - The Viks were 9-17 on 3rd down, 7 of which were either 3 an 7 or more which they made 1st downs on.

3 - Cooley, one of the best TE/HB in the League, and you throw him the ball once, twice....:bs: he was wide open on MANY occasions.

4 - John Hall kicked the ball a total of 70 yards on that last kick, 57 yards long (as the ball landed 7 rows into the stands) and 13 yards left.... and they call him clutch...

5 - Chris Samuels needs to wake up, he was on his ass alot last night, missing blocks, and everything else...

6 - WHERE THE HELL WAS DUCKETT :confused: 1 and goal on the 6... which we settle for a field goal... PUT IN THE BIG BOY... its part of the reason we got him!

ALL the money we spent on players, and we couldnt get a friggin KICKER... Vanderjact, Viniteri(sp), I mean... come on now....

7 - I am venting, I am not yet worried because I know we will come around... but yet, I am dissapointed in the way we played last night.
I realize Brunnel didn't get sacked last night, but he sure was hurried alot and threw alot of balls away... Where was the blocking??? :confused:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
mainman said:
I realize Brunnel didn't get sacked last night, but he sure was hurried alot and threw alot of balls away... Where was the blocking??? :confused:

Did you notice how about 70% of the time the pressure came from Samuels side :whistle:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
mainman said:

Sellers also missed a few key blocks also