Football Pool - Week 1

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
cattitude said:
One was a bullsh1t call.

There were a few of those last night...

But we still shouldn't have been in the predicament(sp) of a few calls. We had the chances to score, and we didn't. Even Marcus Washington said in the post game talk, "we knew this group of officals were going to be after us, and call us tight" which they did. And unfortunitly, it all happened at the worse possible times.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I was at the game last night too. I don't know a whole lot about football, but I do know that the American flags that they gave out at the stadium were made in China.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Ehesef said:
I was at the game last night too. I don't know a whole lot about football, but I do know that the American flags that they gave out at the stadium were made in China.

:lol: The easiest question to ask.... what IS made in America still :lol:

But I do have to say, at a few points, ALL you could see in the stands were AMERICAN FLAGS.... EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE..... it was very beautiful, and patriotic :yay: And the half time show was to :yay:

Ponytail

Softballkid said:
There were a few of those last night...

But we still shouldn't have been in the predicament(sp) of a few calls. We had the chances to score, and we didn't. Even Marcus Washington said in the post game talk, "we knew this group of officals were going to be after us, and call us tight" which they did. And unfortunitly, it all happened at the worse possible times.

Long before the Skins defense started to get tired, sluggish and stupid, the skins had two chances to put the game away. They missed two opportunities in the redzone in the first half and didn't convert.

If your offense makes it that far down the field, that early in the game, you've got to put points on the board. And IF you are going to give up those redzone field positions to kicking it away, you had better have a kicker that can get that ball back down the other end.

I think Gibbs needs to rethink that 2 mil he spent for a guy to call offensive plays for him. Imagine the caliber of Kicker that he could have obtained for half that. Too late for that though. maybe spend another mil on offensive play calling lessons? ya can't teach someone how to use the weapons you've got though. Dunno what they're going to do, but the team has alot of learning to do, as a team. It didn't appear to me that they paid much attention to where their weaknesses were, until last night after the game during the post game interviews.

Letting the Vikings start their drives between the 40 and 50 yardline and then relying on your defense to stop them ain't gonna work on any team.

Ya gotta hand it to Johnson though. He's an old man, at least that's what they kept harping on last night throughout the game, but he kept his composier, and just kept doing what he knows he can do and he did it with class. :yay: He really was fun to watch.

Last edited:

mainman

Set Trippin
The play calling was a little suspect as well...:shocking:

How many times did they try that quick screen out in the flat? Hell I saw that coming...:rolleyes:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Softballkid said:
7 - I am venting, I am not yet worried because I know we will come around... but yet, I am dissapointed in the way we played last night.
I'm not down yet. If they lose next week and go 0-2 then I'll be down.

BTW, you know you got a bad score when Pete beats ya'.:ohwell:

At least I'm not in last. :sux2bMM::lmao:

Pete

Repete
BuddyLee said:
I'm not down yet. If they lose next week and go 0-2 then I'll be down.

BTW, you know you got a bad score when Pete beats ya'.:ohwell:

At least I'm not in last. :sux2bMM::lmao:
At least I am consistent :yay: The Patriots screwed me and so did the Cardinals.

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
Just two teams that screwed ya? you do know how many points you got, right? :lol:
A 5 point game and a 1 point game. The difference between a 7 and a 13 :shrug:

Bask in the glow but just remember the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while Mr. 14 point week.

Ponytail

Pete said:
A 5 point game and a 1 point game. The difference between a 7 and a 13 :shrug:

Bask in the glow but just remember the sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while Mr. 14 point week.

:lol: You have no idea how true that is. :lol: And t think that I was worried cuz I never picked total points in last nights game for the tie breaker. I forgot. *whew* Glag you guys suck at this. :lol:

I need to ask Mr Otter some questions about the particulars of this competition. For instance, I saw only one reference to it, and maybe misunderstood or failed to read altogether in the competition rules, but when we pick the teams, are we supposed to include in our decision making process, the line? Meaning, not only are we supposed to pick the winners but whether or not they are going to cover the spread? :shrug: Also, I need more darts. I only had two, and one of those, the tip broke off in the wall. I don't think the last one is going to last the entire season. Where can I buy new darts?

Oh yea, as far as the sun and dogs butts, the sun shines on my dogs butt nearly everyday? It's not like she sits down every time her backside is toward the sun. :shrug: Now her cooter...I could understand the rarety of THAT occurring. But her butt?

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Ponytail said:
:lol: You have no idea how true that is. :lol: And t think that I was worried cuz I never picked total points in last nights game for the tie breaker. I forgot. *whew* Glag you guys suck at this. :lol:

I need to ask Mr Otter some questions about the particulars of this competition. For instance, I saw only one reference to it, and maybe misunderstood or failed to read altogether in the competition rules, but when we pick the teams, are we supposed to include in our decision making process, the line? Meaning, not only are we supposed to pick the winners but whether or not they are going to cover the spread? :shrug: Also, I need more darts. I only had two, and one of those, the tip broke off in the wall. I don't think the last one is going to last the entire season. Where can I buy new darts?

Oh yea, as far as the sun and dogs butts, the sun shines on my dogs butt nearly everyday? It's not like she sits down every time her backside is toward the sun. :shrug: Now her cooter...I could understand the rarety of THAT occurring. But her butt?

You pick all games using the line. Its about covering, not who wins or loses. Couple people have asked so I guess I wasn't real clear about that.

Ponytail

otter said:
You pick all games using the line. Its about covering, not who wins or loses. Couple people have asked so I guess I wasn't real clear about that.

Got it. :yay: I'll do better next week. :biggrin:

Agee

otter said:

Clear as glass... damn rookies :duh:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
Baseball?

Let us speak of these other things no more for awhile.

Jazz, I still love you, but damn, girl, baseball?

At least it ain't NASCAR.

I'll bet baseball and NASCAR are looking pretty good right about now, aren't they? :poorbaby: