For who ever gets food stamps

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Not sure what you mean. I grew up on food stamps, first with my mother--single--and we needed the help. But then, later, with a guardian who collected as many shares of FS and as much AFDC (or whatever it was called in the 70s) as he could get away with. Last I knew he was collecting for like 10 dependents. Admitting I needed help from FS as an adult was one of the damned hardest things I've ever done.

Just wondering, when you were on food stamps did you have DSL, 3 computers, eat out frequently, concieve a child when you could barely support yourself?

TWLs wife

Admitting I needed help from FS as an adult was one of the damned hardest things I've ever done. [/B]
That's like me. Sometimes you need HELP. It's Hard , Not eazy. I know that to well myself.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by Pete
Just wondering, when you were on food stamps did you have DSL, 3 computers, eat out frequently, concieve a child when you could barely support yourself?
I get your point. I'm not going to let you use my answer to hammer your point home ad nauseum.

What would you like to discuss with me about this issue, Pete? I might be able to answer some of your questions, having had the experience of needing the aid the gov't can give.

Last edited:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by Pete
We do what we have to do.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by appyday
Honestly the differnece nowdays is lots of people work, make money, buy posessions. Then they loose their job and need help. You are not required to sell all you have worked for to get help. As Bertha said they should be used to get back on your feet. Then give back to the community. Though I will say I am sure that there are many people that misuse the system. I do not fault Tigger if she uses food stamps in a time of need. I am sure when TWL and Tigger get married and they get straight they will be self supporting..right Tig?
I plan to, Maybe getting a grant to go to school about daycare. I would love to daycare, So I can be more with the baby.

Pete

Repete
I get your point. I'm not going to let you use my answer to hammer your point home ad nausium

Typical, you just wanted to leap in be a hero then retreat. If you got my point the better course would have been to let it soak into the intended recipient. Your hasty words of support while noble are contrary to point I made that while welfare in its many types is necessary in society it repulses me that American taxpayers pay for so many peoples poor decisions so they can have DSL, computers, frequent nights out and other activities.

What would you like to discuss with me about this issue, Pete? I might be able to answer some of your questions, having had the experience of needing the aid the gov't can give. [/QUOTE]

Not a thing, which is why my question was not intended for you but since you asked there is nothing you can tell me I don't already know or realize and while I am sure your story would be heart wrenching it still would not change my opinion of this situation. You see I too grew up poor. Every year the school would send home the free lunch papers and every year my mom would throw them in the trash. We stayed home, we canned, we grew food, we wore hand me down clothes, when we did get new clothes for school it was only after my mother examined with painstaking detail every stitch of every seam. We didn't have cable, we did not go to the movies, we didn't get sodas, and we worked hard and did without on many occasions including a couple of very skimpy Christmas mornings (socks and underwear). If it ever got to the point that we were going to starve I am sure my parents would have buckled and asked for the help that was available. But, Ms. Righteous I can guarantee you this one thing, if we had ever had to go on the dole from the government there would not be one single person who would ever be able to raise the question of impropriety on our part, and every nickel would have been used for its intended purpose and not some folly.

I certainly would not broadcast to the world my dependence on the generosity of the society I lived in that I was on the dole, and what I spent their generous assistance on.

My aunt works for the State of Michigan Department of Human Services. She says that when she does the well baby checkups on WIC recipients that these poor unfortunate souls NEVER have enough money for formula but they have plenty of money for the 4 C's : Cigarettes, cell phones, cars, and computers.

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Sorry, I really can't stop,I've tryed everything.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
I'm a smoker.
:bawl:

Perhaps you could give a few words of encouragement in this case too. I am sure they will come in handy when the baby is screaming all night from nicotine withdrawal. Or even if the baby is born with "Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, and Low Birth Weight just like the Surgeon General's Warning states. I am sure that we owe the extra $$ in medical care that it may take because of the complications, after all it's just another poor decision.

Now before you think about delving into my insensitivity, or that I don't know what I am talking about, I have not had to walk the walk, blah blah let me tell you that since 1998 I have raised my son on my own. Since he was 13 months old I have cared for his every need, maintained a household, made choices and been his sole provider. I know all too well what is required of parents and the pitfalls out there and I navigate it daily.

So in a nutshell no Ms. Righteous there is nothing I would like to ask you about your time on food stamps but I am sure that your injection into this thread was welcomed by those who will rationalize their actions and they will get great comfort that you support them as poor victims of the cruel cruel world and the rest of us owe them DSL and many of the other luxuries that we work for and pay from those earnings.

P.S. See I didn't really need to have your answer to hammer home my point ad nausium. It seems that you feel you are the only one who can go on ad nausium on a subject, then be condescending to anyone who challenges you. Won't work here, sell it someplace else and use the profit, less taxes of course, to buy Tigger another carton of smokes $35, a 50lb bag of dogfood for their other dependents $20, a month of DSL $30 and a new laptop $1300.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Many of you have read my response to Bertha and are now torqued off at me for not jumping on the "Tigger love fest" that is oozing all over the board. Feel free to PM me and I will tell you what to do about it.:burning:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Good rant Pete.

Once I was in line behind this woman who had a cell phone stuck to her ear the whole time during check out at the grocery store. She had more pre-packaged food and junk food; than stuff to actually cook a real meal, which is cheaper in the long run. I was surprised to see her pay in FS (while still on the phone). The after I leave the store, there she is packing her late model SUV at the curb in front of the store, with the phone still on her ear. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
I plan to, Maybe getting a grant to go to school about daycare. I would love to daycare...
Did reading that send a chill through anyone else?

F

Flo

Pete: I am not torqued with what you had to say. I am glad you said what a lot of us feel. The system is and has been abused by those who definitely don't need FS. :clap:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Kyle

I clicked my heels together three times while saying "There is no place like home"...

But when I opened my eyes, the post was still there :bawl: :bawl:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kyle

No because I doubt she would get much business, Yes because of the word GRANT. 1. Because it would be more wasted money thrown away, 2. Because it proves that society today has become entitlement based because GRANT was the first word put out, not loan or savings.