For who ever gets food stamps

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by kwillia
:yeahthat: It never did stop smelling fishy. I was most curious to see how it would all pan out.... looks like Pete re-directed the course of things to come. :popcorn:

:yeahthat: kw ... can ya spare some :popcorn: I didn't have enough $$ after buying my smokes, paying the cell bill, ordering up those PPV shows, and paying the redclouds bill to get some from the store. :ohwell:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by PFgal
She said above that she does indeed get food stamps. :shrug:
I was under the impression that Food Stamps had been replaced with some sort of encoded credit card.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:frown: Has anyone noticed the lack of posts on this thread from the initial posters?
Maybe they've gone to a friendlier FS forum site?

However, as some have already mentioned in this thread, FS/Welfare - it's a glowing example of the left's willingness to keep their supporters on the dole in perpetum(sp?)

Like a never-ending cycle, it repeats itself; from generation to generation. :barf:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She said above that she does indeed get food stamps.
Her food stamps and medical are probably part of her disability payouts. The government wants to make sure you're eating and getting medical care, not just pizzing your checks away on...oh, say...cigarettes and beer.

It's my understanding that Social Security works similar to any other insurance - most of us pay out the nose so that others can get the payouts.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by crabcake
:yeahthat: kw ... can ya spare some :popcorn:

No need to mooch off of friends, CC. Just go downtown and get yourself some food stamps! They're double this week, ya know! :cool:

crabcake

Originally posted by Kyle
I was under the impression that Food Stamps had been replaced with some sort of encoded credit card.

I think you are on to something here Kyle ... maybe if they do that, they can attach some sort of deferred interest account for when (or if) the person gets back on their feet to "give back to the community" by reimbursing the taxpayers a percentage. :cool:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle
It's called an Independance card. :roflmao:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
The part we're all missing is that Tigger doesn't get Welfare - she gets Disability.

Sorry Vari but to me
Food Stamps = Welfare
Medical Assistance = Welfare
Housing Assistance = Welfare

JabbaJawz

Be about it
That would be the Independence card. :rolleyes:

Oh - and they can get cash back on it, too! I've seen it at the Lexington Park Food Lion several times when I lived there. They get their food with the card, get their cash back from the card....then ask for cigs and pull out a wad of $$ from their pocket (from whatever job they have) to pay for the cigs!! :duh:

Not saying that EVERYONE using the system abuses it, but man oh man...there are a ton who do!

crabcake

Originally posted by tys_mommy
Sorry Vari but to me
Food Stamps = Welfare
Medical Assistance = Welfare
Housing Assistance = Welfare

:yeahthat: all comes from the same place :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by penncam
:frown: Has anyone noticed the lack of posts on this thread from the initial posters?
Maybe they've gone to a friendlier FS forum site?

:barf:

Does seem a bit strange. Usually there are at least 50 posts by now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wasn't aware you could get cash back from a FS card. I thought the reason for that was so that you can't sell your food stamps for drugs or something?