For who ever gets food stamps

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Pete
No because I doubt she would get much business, ...
I disagree... How many times have you read or even seen some of the rodents with kids, leave them in cars on summer days, freezing cold, unattended while they shop, get their hair done, some yucka-puck in WVA left his 2yr old (Who woke, wandered away and froze to death) asleep in his truck while he hunted over a four square mile area a couple years ago.

People like this wouldn't think twice about who they left their kids with.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kyle
I disagree... How many times have you read or even seen some of the rodents with kids, leave them in cars on summer days, freezing cold, unattended while they shop, get their hair done, some yucka-puck in WVA left his 2yr old (Who woke, wandered away and froze to death) asleep in his truck while he hunted over a four square mile area a couple years ago.

People like this wouldn't think twice about who they left their kids with.
I thought that was in Colorado.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by kwillia
That kinda puts a whole knew perspective on things doesn't it...:twitch:

Yes - and if she can afford cigs (as expensive as they are) she can afford her own baby items. I wouldn't put a dime out of my pocket buying her a gift, nor would I donate anything to her. I'd rather take my things to Vintage Values or elsewhere and hope that someone who is TRULY in need can benefit from it.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by PFgal
Yes - and if she can afford cigs (as expensive as they are) she can afford her own baby items. I wouldn't put a dime out of my pocket buying her a gift, nor would I donate anything to her. I'd rather take my things to Vintage Values or elsewhere and hope that someone who is TRULY in need can benefit from it.
:popcorn:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Times that by 2... she stated that TWL smokes as well...:bubble:

:killingme This is insane. If I EVER...even for a second...felt sorry for them - I am :spank: kicking myself in the azz now. :rolleyes:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Did you read the one about the guy that bit into a fried mouse at Popeyes....:shrug:
No... Please post the story! :cheesy:

Pete

Repete
:killingme This is insane. If I EVER...even for a second...felt sorry for them - I am :spank: kicking myself in the azz now. :rolleyes:

PF just wait a bit, they will be in here shortly with the :bawl: :bawl: and try to rationalize, play poor me, you don't like me because of my disable, blah blah blah. There will be some who buy it, especially the childlike gibberish that is intended to conjure more sympathy because we all like kids.

What makes me wonder is why it was cigarettes that finally tipped the public opinion when there was SOO much more that was BS.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
What makes me wonder is why it was cigarettes that finally tipped the public opinion when there was SOO much more that was BS.

:shrug: Can't answer that. I think most of it is :bs:, but was trying to give the benefit of the doubt for a while...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What makes me wonder is why it was cigarettes that finally tipped the public opinion
Because cigarettes are an expensive, unneccessary item. Going out to dinner occasionally - okay, I'll pay for that. People need some little pleasures in life. But to waste your income on cigarettes when you don't have it to waste is just wrong. Especially when you're pregnant.

SmallTown

Football season!
Somewhat off topic, but one think that has always irked me is this notion that the more kids you have, the more money you get... Welfare should supply birth control, not more money. I say it should be reversed, if you are on welfare and have more kids, your money is reduced. But only reduced once. If you have a second kid, it goes away completely.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by SmallTown
Somewhat off topic, but one think that has always irked me is this notion that the more kids you have, the more money you get... Welfare should supply birth control, not more money. I say it should be reversed, if you are on welfare and have more kids, your money is reduced. But only reduced once. If you have a second kid, it goes away completely.

My thoughts - if you are in genuine need (and even how they determine this is a joke in many ways...but anyway) and on welfare with a child, you should be required to come in and get a birth control shot every month/3 mos. If you do not come for the shot, you do not get your check.

Elle

Happy Camper!
My thoughts - if you are in genuine need (and even how they determine this is a joke in many ways...but anyway) and on welfare with a child, you should be required to come in and get a birth control shot every month/3 mos. If you do not come for the shot, you do not get your check.

Wouldn't it be nice! But it will never happen, who are we to take away the poor less fortunate’s right to reproduce to milk us for more money???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The part we're all missing is that Tigger doesn't get Welfare - she gets Disability. She's not a fully functioning adult who can get an education or a job. She's disabled and her options are extremely limited.

But, Tigger, they're right that you shouldn't be smoking - you can't afford it. And you shouldn't have gotten pregnant, either, but it's too late for that now.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Wouldn't it be nice! But it will never happen

You're right, it's just insane. To me, if you can't afford to have children then don't. It's one thing for your family to help you out, etc..., but quite another to expect the taxpaying strangers to fit the bill for your mistakes. :ohwell:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by vraiblonde
The part we're all missing is that Tigger doesn't get Welfare - she gets Disability.

She said above that she does indeed get food stamps. :shrug: